Menu

February 2, 2020

Scarlett Johansson In Atelier Versace – 2020 BAFTAs

Posted by Rachel Watkins
Scarlett Johansson In Atelier Versace - 2020 BAFTAs

Scarlett Johansson has two nominations tonight (February 2) at the 2020 BAFTAs in London — leading actress in ‘Marriage Story’ and supporting actress in ‘Jojo Rabbit.’

She was BDOTW last week thanks to her eye-catching SAG Awards gown, so I was looking forward to seeing what she would bring to England.

And, I was not disappointed.

She continued in alluring form with an Atelier Versace design that was sufficiently seductive with the familiar cutouts and side slit.

Yet, the blush colour and feathered train offered a softness of form that created a more subtle edge to that sexiness.

Nikos Koulis earrings completed the look.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , ,

Florence Pugh In Dries van Noten - 2020 BAFTAs

Florence Pugh In Dries van Noten – 2020 BAFTAs

Catherine Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen - 2020 BAFTAs

Catherine Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – 2020 BAFTAs

33 Responses to Scarlett Johansson In Atelier Versace – 2020 BAFTAs

1. Guest February 5, 2020 at 6:41 pm #

Later edit: I couldn’t remember why I associated Irina Shayk with this dress, it is because of the Atelier Versace dress that she wore at the 2018 MET Gala which had a similar design.

2. Noor February 5, 2020 at 4:25 am #

Bodice is gorgeous with perfect fitting. That’s all I like.

3. JohnM219 February 3, 2020 at 6:59 pm #

The gown in the lookbook doesn’t feature the feathers and is shown in the most gorgeous green, which I think would have been a much more bold statement than this.

JLO does this in her sleep, but Scarlett? It’s a meh.

4. Guest February 3, 2020 at 4:54 pm #

2005 JLo wants her reject gown back.

5. Originalmeme February 3, 2020 at 2:04 pm #

Tacky. She looks like a Vegas showgirl.

6. Guest February 3, 2020 at 12:36 pm #

Love the gown and the color…I think it could use fewer feathers and don’t love the side slit. I agree that the makeup is very unfortunate.

7. Guest February 3, 2020 at 11:02 am #

Well, its not her concealer that’s sure.

8. Catarina_M February 3, 2020 at 9:59 am #

The cups are too small and the dress feels dated. I like it from the neck up.

9. Guest February 3, 2020 at 8:13 am #

This was a killer dress and she could have totally aced all the best-dressed lists but she wouldn’t even come close thanks to the washed-out makeup and styling.

10. Guest February 3, 2020 at 7:40 am #

The best she’s looked all awards season. I love how the silhouette of the gown accentuates her figure. The feathers really add to the whole va-va-voom vibe of this look.

11. Guest February 3, 2020 at 7:09 am #

The dress is slightly dated. We’ve seen it a lot too. She still looks great. Her makeup artist hates her though

12. Mady1908 February 3, 2020 at 5:41 am #

My God I love this so much. For me, Scarlett is on a great rum and I hope to see more beautiful dresses like this one. She looks stunning.

13. JasLinds February 3, 2020 at 2:49 am #

Scarlett and Versace are a good combo, but the feathers bring this into Vegas territory for me. Also, her makeup is terrible – too much contouring.

14. Los_NGLS February 3, 2020 at 1:34 am #

Beautiful dress, but this was not the right place to wear it. This is 3/4 of a MET gala dress for someone ignoring the theme.

And her makeup is off, her concealer is too light and/or her contour/bronzer is too dark.

15. Guest February 3, 2020 at 1:15 am #

The dress is a good choice for her, but something about this feels half-baked to me.

16. lelaid February 3, 2020 at 12:56 am #

Already a contender for Best of the Year for me. Guarantee I’ll love it as much at the end of the year.

17. Guest February 2, 2020 at 10:44 pm #

You can all talk sh*t and criticize and bla bla blah, but she looks STUNNING!!!

18. JessHarps February 2, 2020 at 10:19 pm #

Yeah it’s really distracting; too much lightener under eyes and/or too much bronzer.

19. Guest February 2, 2020 at 9:11 pm #

It does feel a bit dated although she looks really good.
    love the color and the lippie. I dont like her eye makeup, as it looks like she’s been crying.
    Its nice and it works, overall.

20. Guest February 2, 2020 at 9:09 pm #

This looks like a cheap zuhair murad gown
    I’m surprised this is Versace

21. Guest February 2, 2020 at 9:00 pm #

I don’t dislike the look, but it just reminds me so much of last year’s Met Gala (especially Kendall Jenner) that it just feels a bit late to the party imo.

22. Guest February 2, 2020 at 8:53 pm #

Colour and shape are uberflattering. I think I’m put off by the stripey pattern.

23. Guest February 2, 2020 at 8:39 pm #

Maybe it’s my computer but her makeup looks really bad — splotchy, unblended, and awful eyeshadow. The dress is meh. Scarlet has an amazing figure so she looks good in it but the dress says Vegas lounge act singer.

24. Guest February 2, 2020 at 8:27 pm #

Gorgeous gown on her – it’s sexy and accentuates her figure very well, plus a touch of drama via the feathers, but the all-pinkish face needs to go – makeup artist strikes again.

25. Guest February 2, 2020 at 8:22 pm #

Totally agree!

26. Vizual Ninja February 2, 2020 at 8:17 pm #

She’s definitely been feeling herself lately which is always good. This definitely doesn’t hold a candle to her SAG look. This comes off as amateurish and dated, as others have said.

27. P&P February 2, 2020 at 8:15 pm #

Minority here, but I don’t like this at all. Sure, she looks hot but because she’s Scarlett Johansson. I think the dress is dated, the color is unflattering on her complexion and the feathers are tacky.

28. sueno February 2, 2020 at 8:12 pm #

Donatella and Scarlett are always good combo, I hope she will wear Atelier in the Oscars again.

29. Guest February 2, 2020 at 7:59 pm #

I really like the color! She looks great! Not a fan of the design from waist up but she makes it work. I could see Irina Shayk wearing this.

30. Guest February 2, 2020 at 7:58 pm #

The SAG Armani Prive was far superior to this. This feels dated for her. I’d have loved this on someone such as Catherine Zeta Jones, Alessandra Ambrosio or Sofia Vergara or maybe Nicole Kidman.
    I’m still p**sed that they gave her the second nomination instead of one for Cynthia Erivo.

31. Guest February 2, 2020 at 7:57 pm #

Scarlett is on fire, sexy bombshell mode on and I’m not complaining. Hopefully she could SLAY us all during Black Widow promo tour, fingers crossed!

32. CharlotteLG February 2, 2020 at 7:56 pm #

This is a bid dated but still she looks good.

33. Guest February 2, 2020 at 7:53 pm #

Easily my BDOTBaftas and BDOTW. Scarlett is always amazing in Atelier Versace!