Menu

January 28, 2020 Screening

Blake Lively Wore Dolce & Gabbana To ‘The Rhythm Section’ New York Screening

The last time we saw Blake Lively on the red carpet she attended the ‘Pokemon Detective Pikachu’ premiere back in May, where she was supporting husband Ryan Reynolds in a bright yellow frock that announced to the world that the couple were expecting their third child.

Cut to 2020, and actress was promoting her own film – ‘The Rhythm Section’ – at a screening in New York City on Monday (January 27).

When it comes to Blake Lively and promo tours, there’s always a theme.

‘A Simple Favor’ saw a succession of suits, and a clap back.

On this occasion it would appear the theme is femme fatale, as this is spy thriller.

The actress wore a beautiful off-the-shoulder velvet Dolce & Gabbana gown which will have Angelina Jolie green with envy, but Blake loses me with the accessories.

The Lorraine Schwartz necklace of South Sea Pearls, diamond chains and a 50ct Colombian emerald is a little much.  Strike that .  It’s a lot.

I love her Christian Louboutin ‘Fabiola’ boots, but not with this dress.

They feel more like a day time choice, so they don’t complement the elegance of the gown.

I can get on board with the leather opera gloves, if I keep in mind that there is a theme.

That was a lot to unpack.

What are your thoughts?

Credit: Getty

, , , , , ,

Cynthia Erivo Wore Louis Vuitton To The Oscars Nominees Luncheon

Cynthia Erivo Wore Louis Vuitton To The Oscars Nominees Luncheon

Matt Bomer Wore Ralph Lauren Purple Label On Live With Kelly & Ryan

Matt Bomer Wore Ralph Lauren Purple Label On Live With Kelly & Ryan

33 Responses to Blake Lively Wore Dolce & Gabbana To ‘The Rhythm Section’ New York Screening

1. Guest January 29, 2020 at 12:58 am #

She proudly doesn’t use the services of a stylist. She should.

2. Guest January 28, 2020 at 11:02 pm #

I feel like she has a tendency to overstyle things and send it into costume territory. This is no exception. I also hate when celebs dress in the same color as the background on the red carpet because it turns them into a floating head, but can that be avoided?

3. Guest January 28, 2020 at 10:52 pm #

I guess the boots were meant to inject some of that femme fatale into an otherwise pretty old-fashioned look. I don’t mean old-fashioned in a bad way though, I think it’s very Holly Golightly and I’m kind of into it.

4. Guest January 28, 2020 at 7:51 pm #

This is so tragic I don’t even know where to begin.

5. Los_NGLS January 28, 2020 at 7:51 pm #

Too much going on, just too much. And I refuse to believe those were the boots they chose for that dress, refuse! The originals must have broken right before she stepped out the door.

Also, I despise this necklace. Why would you take 3 individually beautiful things (diamonds, pearls, emeralds) and bring them together to create something so ugly?? You hurt my feelings Lorraine.

6. Guest January 28, 2020 at 7:32 pm #

I guess Gloves and Boots are the Promo Theme this time? I read the book The Rhythm Section is adapting and I don’t get this.

7. JohnM219 January 28, 2020 at 7:12 pm #

Also, a bit of intel: D&G just got a new VIP director, who comes from Versace, so expect MUCH more D&G on the carpet in the coming months.

8. JohnM219 January 28, 2020 at 7:10 pm #

Something is so off here but, with that said, I don’t mind the look. I swear if she wore a pump and the glove was a bit shorter on her arm, this would be much more palatable.

Also kind of wishing for an Old-Hollywood/Veronica Lake type hairdo here, but then talk about a lot..

9. Guest January 28, 2020 at 6:44 pm #

Blake is going to bless us with another over-the-top promo for another second-rate movie. Yay!

10. Guest January 28, 2020 at 6:14 pm #

When will people stop wearing DG. This dress is soooooo bad on her.

11. Phee phee January 28, 2020 at 5:41 pm #

Nice dress ruined by the completely wrong accessories. I think its the accessories that make her look aged.
    I really dont want gloves to be a thing this year. sighhhhh

12. Guest January 28, 2020 at 5:16 pm #

The hair and the accessories kill it

13. Catarina_M January 28, 2020 at 4:31 pm #

I have a feeling that we will see a major panoply of gloves on this promo tour. Those boots with this dress are a crime.

14. Guest January 28, 2020 at 4:29 pm #

Way too much going on. I would ditch the gloves, switch the boots to something else — doesn’t go with the dress — and pick only one of the necklaces.

15. Originalmeme January 28, 2020 at 4:28 pm #

She’s gorgeous. Love the dress and the necklace but the boots are all wrong and the gloves are just fug.

16. Paola102 January 28, 2020 at 4:23 pm #

Too much going on. The leather gloves are out of place with a velvet dress. The boots are nice but don’t go with the dress.
    Question though, are the stylists usually aware of the colours of the red carpet and the backdrops? Not sure if it’s something they take into consideration….

17. Guest January 28, 2020 at 3:58 pm #

Oh, heck no. This is not femme fatale. It’s dated and aging at the same time mostly because of the hair and the necklace. Blake is not a person who I do not expect to wear D&G so this choice is not surprising.

18. Guest January 28, 2020 at 3:33 pm #

Yeah, she likes to pick a theme and go “wild” with it on the red carpet. But it always feels so costumy, and over accessorized. So, no, I’m not looking forward to this promo. What’s wrong with wearing something pretty and nice?

19. AnderBoBo January 28, 2020 at 3:28 pm #

Boots? With that dress? And the gloves AND the necklace? Mess.

20. Guest January 28, 2020 at 3:27 pm #

She’s lost her mojo. Why ruin an elegant dress with such terrible accessories? Don’t even get me started on the boots.

21. Guest January 28, 2020 at 3:26 pm #

The hair and boots look too casual for the dress and gloves, the jewelry looks rather like cheap and gaudy. All in all, this looks like a bad vampy costume.

22. Guest January 28, 2020 at 2:58 pm #

Too much! Also wish people would stop wearing D&G.

23. CharlotteLG January 28, 2020 at 2:53 pm #

I don’ t like this!
    It’s way too much for the event and it looks too mature on her.

24. Guest January 28, 2020 at 2:45 pm #

Dear Lord! Not again!

• Guest January 28, 2020 at 3:32 pm #

Dear Lord and Hell No – that’s all I can utter. I can’t even comment on this, it’s so bad and tasteless.

25. P&P January 28, 2020 at 2:44 pm #

It’s just too much. All the items are beautiful separately, but put together they’re kind of a mess.

26. Dominos January 28, 2020 at 2:41 pm #

The girl can pick a good dress but she’s horrible at accessorizing. I say yes to the necklace and no to the boots and gloves. Besides the accessories she’s glowing and looks sensational.

27. KseniaBradner January 28, 2020 at 2:41 pm #

Blake, who wrote about “the allure of Antebellum” on her lifestyle site Preserve (when rightfully called out, she called it “bullying” in Marie Claire), of course doesn’t know Dolce & Gabbana is racist.

You don’t narcissistically go after FC like the entitled sanctimonious celebrity you are without being clawed honey.

Nice look. Love the necklace, like the Extra of the gloves. Those particular boots don’t work but I see what she was going for and like the idea. Blake looks gorgeous, sexier than ever.

28. Guest January 28, 2020 at 2:35 pm #

The dress ages her, big no to the boots and the gloves. Not my cup of tea, I expected better.