Menu

January 22, 2020

Gabrielle Union Wore Christopher John Rogers During Menswear Fashion Week

Gabrielle Union Wore Christopher John Rogers Orange Dress During Menswear Fashion Week

Gabrielle Union and her husband Dwyane Wade, who were crowned in Vanity Fair’s 2019 Best-Dressed List, were turning heads during menswear fashion week in Paris on Sunday (January 19).

We all know that Gabrielle is not afraid to take a risk when it comes to red carpet, TV, street style or vacation style, so why should Fashion Week style be any different?

I can already picture the comments.

Poofy shower curtain.

Wearing a sack.

Are you sure this isn’t Fenty?

Giant lamp shade.

Drawstring purse.

Leave this to Rihanna or Billy Porter.

But I have to say, I see the beauty in this Christopher John Rogers pintucked silk taffeta cherry tomato dress, and that mostly comes down to the way Gabrielle is selling it.

She’s not forcing it.  And this is fashion week, where looks like this are seen on a regular.

What I love most about looks is how serene she appears, her gorgeous braids and those lust worthy Fabrizio Viti ‘Nina’ bow accented slingbacks.

Christopher John Rogers Spring 2020

Credit: Getty

, , , ,

Laverne Cox Wore Michael Fausto To L'Oreal's Matrix Destination 2020

Laverne Cox Wore Michael Fausto To L’Oreal’s Matrix Destination 2020

Natalie Portman Wore Christian Dior To The Society of Camera Operators Lifetime Achievement Awards 2020

15 Responses to Gabrielle Union Wore Christopher John Rogers During Menswear Fashion Week

1. Guest January 25, 2020 at 4:42 pm #

TOW “this is a great colour for her” sounds like a very back-handed compliment. Gabrielle can clearly wear ANYTHING, no matter how ridiculous.

2. MissHebble January 22, 2020 at 8:44 pm #

I’m here for it. Gabrielle looks stunning!

3. Guest January 22, 2020 at 8:31 pm #

Gabrielle’s hair, beauty look and poise/confidence are amazing here. The sack is whatever — interesting idea and a great color but the seam is not good and I am not loving the execution of the tie that keeps the whole thing up. The top part was done better on the model though I think it looks better on GU. That being said, I am fascinated by the idea that GU wore this around Paris in January. How much space did she take up when she sat down? Did she wear a coat and just pop out of it for this editorial-style picture? What kind of coat goes with a dress like this? Enquiring minds, or at least this mind, want to know.

4. Originalmeme January 22, 2020 at 7:30 pm #

This is not a dress. It’s ridiculous.

5. Guest January 22, 2020 at 6:56 pm #

She looks like a human sized sack bag.

6. JohnM219 January 22, 2020 at 5:27 pm #

Shower curtain aside, this is stunning!

7. Guest January 22, 2020 at 4:59 pm #

I’m totally buying this here. I prefer how she’s tucked the hem up so it more of bell silhouette rather than balloon as seen on the runway. It’s modern and fun but also like something from an old couturier.

8. ? January 22, 2020 at 2:05 pm #

I like her shortened version better, although I would have preferred less volume indeed. The shoes are so damn cute!!!
    Overall, she is selling it.

anonymous as always

9. Phee phee January 22, 2020 at 1:53 pm #

Its a good color….but it also looks like ‘safety orange’. in a drawstring bag shape…..
    so uh, ya, no. Im one of the people that cannot get on board with this.

10. KseniaBradner January 22, 2020 at 1:46 pm #

I wish more people would wear clothes that aren’t close to the body. This is gorgeous.

11. Guest January 22, 2020 at 12:44 pm #

I LOVE IT but not on her

12. Guest January 22, 2020 at 11:40 am #

Great colour on her and love the shoes, but the sack she’s wearing is terrible in fit and construction.

13. Catarina_M January 22, 2020 at 11:29 am #

Gabrielle is selling this to me. If I like it? No. But somehow this doesn’t look like a stretch or ott. Her confidence is everything.

14. MissCoco January 22, 2020 at 11:28 am #

I’m so here for these moments of fun and avant garde fashion! I think she’s the right person to wear it. Her confidence is selling the look. I can even imagine the freezing while in Buenos Aires is 30°C and still she looks relaxed!!

15. Guest January 22, 2020 at 11:13 am #

It does look like a drawstring bag but she’s wearing it well. I am not a fan of the way it sits on the chest area. it seems a bit low.
    I really like the shoes and the hairdo.