Menu

January 15, 2020 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Vanessa Hudgens Wore Georges Hobeika Couture To The 'Bad Boys For Life' LA Premiere

Vanessa Hudgens was giving me major goosebumps when she stepped on the red carpet for the premiere of Columbia Pictures’ ‘Bad Boys for Life,’ held at TCL Chinese Theatre on Tuesday (January 14) in Hollywood, California.

Now, if you want to be cynical,  you could say that this probably wasn’t the original look selected prior to her breakup announcement yesterday.

Honestly, who cares?

Because her post-break up glow is giving me so much life, to the point that I initially didn’t even recognise her.  I was scrolling through this event and only clicked because this Georges Hobeika Fall 2019 Couture gown was giving me heart palpitations.

Is it over the top? Maybe, but again who cares?

It is everything I would’ve wanted to see from JLo at the Oscars, so I am living for this look.

Vanessa was giving us old Hollywood, “I don’t know him” glamour, and I adore extravagant nature of it all.

So much so that I will overlook the black Casadei sandals, when silver would’ve perfected this look.

Georges Hobeika Fall 2019 Couture

Credit: Georges Hobeika & Getty

, , , , , ,

Bresha Webb Wore Mary Katrantzou To The New York Premiere For 'A Fall From Grace'

Bresha Webb Wore Mary Katrantzou To The New York Premiere For ‘A Fall From Grace’

Michael B Jordan Wore Prabal Gurung For An Evening At The House Of Lords For 'Just Mercy'

Michael B Jordan Wore Prabal Gurung For An Evening At The House Of Lords For ‘Just Mercy’

22 Responses to Vanessa Hudgens Wore Georges Hobeika Couture To The ‘Bad Boys For Life’ LA Premiere

1. Jess Mara January 17, 2020 at 12:21 am #

The shoes totally belong with a different dress but I still love the vibe she is bringing. Go big or go home after a break up.

2. Guest January 16, 2020 at 4:51 pm #

I love this but why those shoes?!

3. Sharon M January 16, 2020 at 12:28 pm #

I really don’t like this at all. Too much…feathers, high slit…it is almost comical.

4. MissHebble January 16, 2020 at 11:15 am #

If I ignore the shoes she’s giving me absolute bombshell vibes. Way to win the break up!

5. Noor January 16, 2020 at 3:23 am #

No for the length, for the shoes & for the hair. I can see why she selected the dress. It’s charming on runaway. Sadly she has failed to do better, at least to do good.

6. Guest January 16, 2020 at 3:05 am #

NOT my cup of tea, oy, those hideous feathers, the whole look is a bit stumpifying imo. The shoes shall not be spoken of again. But she wears it all with confidence so I certainly give her that

7. JasLinds January 16, 2020 at 1:46 am #

Vanessa is rocking the hell out of this dress. But can you IMAGINE if JLo had worn this – swoon.

8. Guest January 16, 2020 at 1:35 am #

So much love to you Vanessa! Who cares about everything else. That post break-up glow is shining. The gown and whatever shoes that one is making her her.

9. Phee phee January 15, 2020 at 10:52 pm #

I love it much more on the runway with height, better shoes, and sleeked back hair.

10. Guest January 15, 2020 at 8:49 pm #

It’s a little too Las Vegas showgirl for me.

11. Guest January 15, 2020 at 6:19 pm #

Too Vegas for my own taste, but look at that face, hair and make-up are gorgeous.

12. Guest January 15, 2020 at 5:51 pm #

Adore the drama of the gown! However, I don’t think she’s right wearer (Angelababy maybe), she lacks stature and looks overwhelmed by the feathers at the neck/shoulder, and the skirt is too long obviously, the hair needed to be pulled back/up not to further overwhelm the already busy neckline, and I simply can’t overlook those jarring black sandals – they ruin the whole impression.

13. Guest January 15, 2020 at 5:11 pm #

I love her hair but I think an updo similar to on runway was better for this dress. It competes with the feather detail. I don’t see why black shoes were chosen unless they thought that they would blend in the carpet. Either way, silver shoes without ankle straps would have been better.

14. Paola102 January 15, 2020 at 4:04 pm #

She looks fabulous, from the ankles up. Hair and make up and fit are great. Those shoes though….I agree silver would have been so much better.

15. Originalmeme January 15, 2020 at 3:56 pm #

I don’t like this at all. I can see Jean Harlow swanning around her boudoir in this, not walking a red carpet. And those shoes are all wrong. Neck, she looks fab.

16. Vizual Ninja January 15, 2020 at 3:01 pm #

Fancy bedroom couture, not particularly my taste and agree with the shoe choice comments. But she’s clearly feeling herself, which is most important and helps with selling it.

17. Guest January 15, 2020 at 2:58 pm #

I don’t like this. The sleeve is overwhelming her and the shoes are absolutely terrible but looking at the photos, she seemed to be having fun which is what matters most, I guess.
    I love the hair and makeup though, she’s absolutely glowing.

18. Catarina_M January 15, 2020 at 2:57 pm #

I like the old Hollywood glamour aura, but I can’t unsee those shoes.

19. Guest January 15, 2020 at 2:54 pm #

I’d never been a fan of Vanessa dating Austin Butler, as I’m still an avid Zanessa fan from High School Musical days. So I couldn’t REJOICE more for Queen Vanessa, and apparently she just showed that boy what he’s missing!! Heavy shoes aside, this Georges Hobeika look UNLEASHES Vanessa’s inner diva and I’m buying it!! Her confidence shines through and she couldn’t look more stunning if she tries!! Apparently Jenny from The Block J Lo would be angry of the fact that why she didn’t get a chance to wear this dress during her Hustlers award season promo tour!! Queen Vanessa came to PLAY and SLAY, and I shall bow down in front of her glorious reign always and forever!!

20. KseniaBradner January 15, 2020 at 2:47 pm #

This look is perfect for Vanessa considering the Post-Break Up context and Georges Hobeika being the right designer for her level and vibe. I love this look (ignoring the shoes). Also, Vanessa does a lot of Christmas movies, so this gown is divine from a festive angle as well.

21. SarahS95 January 15, 2020 at 2:37 pm #

Jlo absolutely came to mind looking at this and I am not mad about it! The shoes are for a different dress but truly what a post breakup look!

• Katelynn4 January 16, 2020 at 6:48 am #

Russia Group fired Honey Bray in Chula Vista but Honey now earnes $19652working with Green Plains from home…………….easyjob50.com