Menu

January 6, 2020

Beyoncé Knowles In Custom Schiaparelli Haute Couture – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Beyoncé Knowles In Custom Schiaparelli Haute Couture - 2020 Golden Globe Awards

As per usual, the Carters swerved the red carpet at the 2020 Golden Globe Awards which took place on Sunday (January 5) in LA.

Why?

It’s my strong belief that this is due to the control of her images.

This stems back from the Superbowl, when Getty uploaded some less than flattering images of the singer mid thrust during her energetic performance.

My first reaction to this picture was, does Beyonce have another sister?

Because the filter used to perfect this image has made her look 20 years younger.

It must be hard to have to project an image of perfection all the time, but I wish Beyonce would be more real.

She is gorgeous, yet feels the need to filter every picture before presenting herself to the world which is exhausting to me.

Putting that all aside, she was one of the best dressed in this stunning Schiaparelli Haute Couture bias slip dress with woven gold mesh sleeves.

Fit for a Queen (Bey), the slayage is next level.  One for her Hall of Fame.

The shoulders are ’80s-esque , OOT and I love it.

And yes, those Lorraine Schwartz earrings, which would are probably worth more than the GDP of some countries, were necessary.

Jay Z was more than holding his own beside his wife wearing a Tom Ford Windsor velvet tuxedo.

Credit: Instagram

, , , , , , ,

Olivia Colman In Emilia Wickstead - 2020 Golden Globe Awards

Olivia Colman In Emilia Wickstead – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

2020 Golden Globe Awards Red Carpet Roundup

2020 Golden Globe Awards Red Carpet Roundup

85 Responses to Beyoncé Knowles In Custom Schiaparelli Haute Couture – 2020 Golden Globe Awards

1. Los_NGLS January 9, 2020 at 5:55 am #

I think Queen Bey might be reading RCFA. She dropped a nice series of close ups and videos from the Globes on her IG tonight.

You can see her pores.

2. Guest January 8, 2020 at 1:14 pm #

The dress is okay but nothing outstanding.
    About the filter, this is nothing new. Bee always retouches her photos face to bottom. She likes the airbrushed, glowy, hourglass look. I’m not bothered. She’s a public figure and let’s be honest Internet isn’t kind to people. Every imperfection (real or fictional) is magnified and picked on. I understand people trying to present the best version of themselves. Sad but blame the whole society for that, not just Beyonce.

3. Guest January 8, 2020 at 10:35 am #

I agree with you Catherine and you’ve been brave expressing your thoughts.

Maybe it’s best just to judge her fashion choices but at the same time she’s built this marketing image of women empowerment and then she’s not coherent at all. She’s a very talented woman and there’s no need for this bigger than life attitude.

4. Guest January 7, 2020 at 10:11 pm #

I have been reading this blog for such a long time. No one does it like RCFA, no one. THAT BEING SAID, Catherine’s tendency toward anti-blackness has always been a disappointment to me. there has always been consistent anti-blackness in her writing – I could write a whole thesis on it.

I would really urge Catherine to read her writing and see how often she sets up what descends into blatant racism in the comments. As a black woman it is so hurtful to see her words then used as justification for hating more on black women.

this may be a fashion blog, y’all maybe can’t stand Beyoncé- all valid. But I’m exhausted by Catherine playing dumb about why this was petty and anti-black. This blog doesn’t exist in a vacuum it exists on the same damn internet that hates on marginalised bodies every day – if you really don’t want to be a part of the wave that tries to combat that, if you want to continue to pick apart everything a black woman does even her choices about where she takes a picture – then fine. But just say you hate black women and go.

PS insider info: They actually come late and skip carpets because Bey’s very presence on a carpet and entering a room causes delays and there is a broadcast to get on with. Skipping carpet and waiting to be seated avoids having to have increased security to stop other celebs from mobbing her. But yeah, U right she’s insecure and is addicted to filters lol such a reach sis.

5. Guest January 7, 2020 at 6:37 pm #

Wow, a lot of comments here. Always drama with anything relating to Beyoncé. I like this look even though I think it is too open in the chest. As to controlling her image, I get why she does it and do not care one way or another because I take the posed, filtered looks as what they are and judge them based on that. If I had everyone looking at me all the time and commenting on everything I do and wear, I’d want to control my image as much as possible too and that would have nothing to do with the pop psychology reasons that are being stated in the responses.

6. _Hannah_ January 7, 2020 at 1:58 pm #

As a public person she became a product and she sells it/herself perfectly. It’s sad and fascinating in the same time. Dress is stunning and she looks great, but too perfect and to serious for me to really like it.

7. fabmarq January 7, 2020 at 1:20 pm #

Will never understand the pedestal that the world puts her in. She’s a great musician, but that’s kinda it… Her style is tacky to say the least….

8. Sharon M January 7, 2020 at 12:42 pm #

I agree about her issues with control about photos. But…the glimpses of her at the table were incredibly flattering. She is looking beautiful…I don’t know what she’s doing, but it is working.

9. Guest January 7, 2020 at 8:14 am #

I honestly thought the same thing when I saw this picture!
    She looks amazing, but when you see some other pictures, it’s obvious it doesn’t convey the truth so to speak.

But there is no denying she looks great here, it’s one of her better looks for me recently.

And thank you, Catherine, for this great observation, and for not being “afraid” to say it like it is!

10. Guest January 7, 2020 at 4:21 am #

Filtering aside, I like what I see in this photo. The gold color really sets off her skin tone and hair beautifully. I don’t even mind the oversized sleeves, which I am not a big fan of. However when she is sitting down, the sleeves do seem to overwhelm her, and the empire waist only accentuates that.

11. Los_NGLS January 7, 2020 at 3:40 am #

When Beyoncé and Destiny’s Child were coming into fame and notoriety Ms. Tina (Knowles) made all their costumes and gowns, because designers didn’t want to loan to/dress 3 Black girls. Fast forward 20 years and look where Beyoncé is now.

Seeing her excites me, it makes me happy, it brightens my day. When the camera at the Globes unintentionally (?) panned by Bey and Jay (they arrived right at the beginning of the Ellen tribute) I squealed in excitement. That’s what Beyoncé and her image do for me. It’s positively thrilling to see someone, who looks a lot like me, who likely shares similar ancestry (of North American slaves and their European enslavers) exalt herself upon an alter of her own creation, live in the title of one of the greatest entertainers of her generation, and hold court as one of the most talked about women in the world… via an image strategically now almost entirely in her control.

Fashion Critic’s non-dress related opinion is merely that, an opinion. It’s not the first one I (an ardent RCFA supporter of 10+ years ) have disagreed with, and it won’t be the last.

The critics and critiques will always be there (often times it’s their job) whether Beyoncé does everything, or nothing at all, and she, like Catherine I would imagine, knows that… heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Bow down.

12. Los_NGLS January 7, 2020 at 1:52 am #

Pray tell Sylvia, what about Jay looks ridiculous to you ?🤔🤔

13. Guest January 7, 2020 at 12:11 am #

Hundred percent support you Catherine about this post.

Your opinions are as valid as anyone else’s no matter which side of the coin your are on.

Thank you for all your effort in covering the Globe’s red carpet (and non, *this one*).

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 7, 2020 at 12:54 am #

Thanks. I just confused how it has gone so left. I have clearly said she was one of the best dressed on the night. I just don’t like the photoshopping. I’m genuinely confused

14. Guest January 6, 2020 at 10:55 pm #

The picture is so FAKE and FILTERED to aim perfection. But it’s fake. And edited. And we want to see something authentic. I’d prefer you feature FLOTUS Melania Trump rather than Bey in this blog. Let’s just be honest. The FLOTUS have amazing outfit choices.

15. Guest January 6, 2020 at 10:51 pm #

here are some pics of her inside the event… I’d say she looks pretty similar. The soft light of the RCFA post probably helps too.

• Los_NGLS January 7, 2020 at 3:47 am #

Totally agree! Don’t consider myself a “Hive” member (I don’t have the range LOL), but I keep up. This woman is half of a billionaire couple, and likely a billionaire on her own in the next 5-10 years. Surely she can afford all the skincare and and injectables, diets and trainers, in the world, to make her look exactly how she wants to look. Is the photo altered? Probably. Does it look like another person or 20 years younger? Absolutely not.

16. Guest January 6, 2020 at 10:13 pm #

Rihanna needs to teach her some confidence. When she gains weight she doesn’t go into hiding and when she goes back to her natural body, she also shows it off. She is also not afraid to show her face with no make up on. I love her Fenty tutorials on YouTube. I wouldn’t care if Beyonce didn’t try to come off as some type of empowered super woman when in fact she has self esteem issues. I hope someday she will become more human and less robotic! Put a robot in her shoes and I wouldn’t know the difference to be honest.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 10:58 pm #

The second Rihanna gained weight, her love affair with oversized clothes began. Both women have openly talked about their image issues.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 11:03 pm #

Oh gosh, here we go again. The woman that everyone loves to hate… The only hypocrisy is that everyone is guilty of using technology to make themselves look ‘better’, whether it be a beauty filter on your phone, on Instagram or other beauty app, and yet you’re all debasing this woman you don’t even know personally. I’ve seen so many curated social media accounts from other celebs and ‘normal people’ alike… who knows what anyone looks like anymore? But for some reason, it’s fashionable to make Beyonce bear the brunt for all your illusions of how a successful woman should behave. Confident but not too confident otherwise you’ve got a big ego. Thin with a few well-placed curves, but not too curvy. Wealthy but not too wealthy otherwise you’re a snob. Why is it that we all have the right to curate our lives and public image yet Beyonce doesn’t because she’s famous? Look in the mirror people.

17. Guest January 6, 2020 at 9:56 pm #

I saw candid pics of her at the dinner, sitting down, and she was not best dressed. The dress was not flattering to her figure in the slightest. Highly recommend anyone check those pics out. I actually came here to see the “official photos” as soon as I saw the candids, because I knew the discrepancy would be the size of the Grand Canyon.

18. lelaid January 6, 2020 at 9:45 pm #

The Bey-Hive turned out for this post huh? Bunch of psychos. And all this for a cheap looking dress.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 7, 2020 at 12:57 am #

so confused. I said I like the dress, yet so much hate. Baffled

• lelaid January 7, 2020 at 1:05 am #

You did something other than bow at her feet and praise God for her existence. Isay this as a fan of hers but Jesus people, lay off.

19. Guest January 6, 2020 at 9:34 pm #

Sad and mean post.

20. Originalmeme January 6, 2020 at 9:31 pm #

She’s ridiculous with the whole filtering thing and getting upset over a couple of bad photos. Her dress is a snooze

21. Vizual Ninja January 6, 2020 at 9:13 pm #

Wow, you would’ve thought FC said Bey was the antichrist lol. It would be nice to have a world where we were capable of expressing our opinions in a civil way, without insults especially on the internet but alas. I’m a big fan of Beyonce, her talent and accomplishments. But she is a mere mortal like us, and is not perfect. The people out there who feel she should never be critiqued(constructively) on anything are delusional. That said, her doing this, does not bother me as much just because I realise she must do it because of deep insecurities, which substantiates the point about her being human and having similar or even deeper rooted issues than some of us. As for the dress, I didnt like it, I like the concept not the execution. I don’t like the cut at the bust portion and maybe wish the gold went down a bit further, still not bad though. Her beauty look was good, she looked good overall on TV.

22. Guest January 6, 2020 at 9:10 pm #

Ugh, I appreciate everyone’s right to have opinions. I don’t love the gown but I’m the love tv shots I thought her hair and makeup were beautiful. My opinion on the rest is that it’s really not that deep. Either we like the dress/hair/makeup or we don’t.

In a world that’s about to be at literal WAR, women and people of color and lgbtq people are being abused, a continent is on fire- I couldn’t possibly expend so much energy speculating about the motives of someone none of us know.

Seems like everyday we get further from God’s light.

23. Guest January 6, 2020 at 8:51 pm #

Hated the dress but hated even more the way you judged her

24. Guest January 6, 2020 at 8:03 pm #

I hate her style too, but this post is completely mean.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 7, 2020 at 12:53 am #

Im really confused. I have said that I love her dress even said it was one for her hall of fame. So please explain how you perceived it to be mean. Thank you

• Guest January 7, 2020 at 10:15 pm #

Catherine! Stop playing dumb or google anti-blackness! How can you be this tone deaf when you consistently do this! I’ve been reading your work for over a decade- I could find numerous times you’ve written anti-black pieces to the point I thought you might be blackfishing us all LOL Read between the lines of your own words! Learn something! Ugh.

25. Guest January 6, 2020 at 7:47 pm #

The faux concern, misinterpretation (whether genuine or not) of the word feminism and hypocrisy regarding social media in this post are hilarious but sadly not surprising considering.

Re : fashion, I’m not a fan of the dress. Don’t like it, don’t dislike it.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 8:05 pm #

Catherine doesn’t mention feminism in this post. Also putting in context why the post photo is another from Instagram and not on the red carpet is part of a story.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 8:21 pm #

The post begins at the title and ends at the last comment. If I’m talking about feminism, I’m addressing not only Catherine but also other posters.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 8:28 pm #

The post and the comments below it aren’t one and the same.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 8:36 pm #

My comment literally lists things that stuck with me in this post. It’s not a “Dear Catherine” letter.

If you could figure out that she’s not the one who mentioned feminism, I know you can deduce that that particular bit wasn’t for her. Put the cape down.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 8:42 pm #

I can criticise a crap point you’ve made the same way you’ve criticized others.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 9:11 pm #

Clearly you can’t.
      Zero rebuttal, just some odd attempt at derailing with things that weren’t even in my original comment. Like… what?

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 9:36 pm #

You had mistakenly claimed Catherine’s post and comments below post were one and the same. I just made stated that Catherine hadn’t mentioned feminism.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 10:52 pm #

Nice try but nope. I stated all the things that I noticed. You took it upon yourself to believe that they were all aimed at Catherine.

26. Guest January 6, 2020 at 7:45 pm #

You turned out to be a despicable woman, Catherine. And I’m not even a fan of her.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 10:10 pm #

Oh get lost. The only way you could justify your ridiculous sycophancy is by being 17 years old, tops.

• Guest January 7, 2020 at 3:24 am #

Catherine is far from despicable. How dare you come onto a free website, where someone is paying a huge amount of time and money, and insult its creator just because you don’t like their opinion. Seriously – how dare you.

• Originalmeme January 7, 2020 at 3:43 pm #

Find another site. How rude, and so untrue, calling Catherine despicable. And childish. We are all entitled to our opinions,

27. EloiseH January 6, 2020 at 7:01 pm #

She is beautiful, she has a gorgeous body and a strong career. She’s one of the biggest stars in the world , yet I never saw her as a confident woman. It must be exhausting being her. It’s sad.

• Guest January 7, 2020 at 4:08 am #

Celebrities never are really confident, esp the ones who are deemed beautiful. There’s a lot of insecurity that goes with the territory. You are constantly being scrutinized, and as a result, feel like you have to be on your toes at all times.

28. Guest January 6, 2020 at 7:01 pm #

Ugh no, as usual.

29. Guest January 6, 2020 at 6:58 pm #

Catherine, I’m sorry but blogs like yours and comments from all these women on your blog are one of the reasons she takes actions like this.
    Imagine having your life completely exposed, your body judged all over the world, your pregnancy being doubted and horrible images
    (which you made sure to post here again) circulating on the internet. Do you really think the image control she has is overkill?
    You have condemned Beyoncé’s latest appearances on the red carpet (The Lion King promo tour) for not being up to standard and are surprised by her choice not to appear on the red carpet again.
    You as a black woman, like me, should spend your time supporting the struggles she has engaged in for you to have a better life rather than reducing her to a photoshop.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 7:58 pm #

She’s not the only woman to be heavily scrutinised, Michelle Obama has endured numerous bigoted racial slurs hurled at her yet she still appears out and about even if she like pretty much any celebrity has a big staff behind her.
      It’s a weak argument that a black woman owes another black woman fettered commentary simply because they both black. Catherine merely put into contextual reasoning why Bey might heavily control her image but she doesn’t owe her calling not calling a spade a spade. Also superbowl issue only blew up because Beyonce tried censor pictures, it would have non issue if she hadn’t tried get the photos removed.
      Catherine also called other celebrities such as Sonam Kapoor for heavily altering images of outfits they post on Instagram. In her dialogue with readers on this site she gives thoughtful and personal reasons behind opinions on outfits. She doesn’t expect readers to agree with her opinions but she doesn’t owe us any adoration or dislike on a look or an individual.

• CKallon January 6, 2020 at 8:20 pm #

Laura, thanks for your comment. I don’t believe at all that blogs like this have reduced her to photoshopping her images at all.

If that were the case, then why don’t all celebrities do this?

No one is perfect. But this Queen Bey title. Something I’m going stop using. And the pedestal that she has been placed so high that she is no longer attainable, isn’t my doing.

We discuss fashion here. Not weight. Not physical features.

The Lion King dress wasn’t great. Her last dress was too tight and it was custom. Which means someone in her team is probably lying to her about her size, which isn’t that uncommon with celebrities. I know someone who works in fashion production, and when they ask a publicist for the size of the celebrity for a shoot, the production assistant is nearly always sent out to get clothes in a bigger size.

I have said that I love this dress, so I don’t understand that portion of your comment.

I know as a woman of colour I’m suppose to automatically love Beyonce and worship everything she does. But I judge looks on what I see rather than the clout, status etc of the person who is wearing them.

With regards to image control, interview control – she didn’t even allow Vogue to interview her directly. It was done via her friend – which Vogue never usually allow to happen, – but they did because it was Beyonce…yes, it is overkill in my opinion.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 8:41 pm #

Thanks for answering! I was overjoyed in the comment because, as a woman of color and mother of a girl of color, I don’t like to see my sisters being judged so futile. She is a human being and clearly vulnerable. I am also scared of her image control but I will never judge her because of that. Maybe I would do the same. I’m sure she’s not called queen because of her style, body or image control. This nickname didn’t start in fashion blogs, it started in black girl groups that felt represented.

• Sharon M January 7, 2020 at 12:47 pm #

I so agree with each and every one of your points. She may be “Queen Bey”, but she is mortal like the rest of us. Unfortunately, she has bought into the hype just like her fans.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 7, 2020 at 11:16 pm #

Thank you. I really appreciate this comment. Factually correct on every point and aspect.

30. Guest January 6, 2020 at 6:33 pm #

But can someone post that Getty pic Cat is referring to? LOLOL

• ibrad13 January 6, 2020 at 7:38 pm #

did you really have to be the one to post this, kat. c’mon.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 7:42 pm #

Shame!!!

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 7:47 pm #

Oh I didnt remember those pictures. U become as ridiculous as her posting this again….. x

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 8:54 pm #

I don’t even know when it was taken but all I can see is a strong woman running the game

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 9:25 pm #

Anna I agree with you.

FC, the more you belabor this beyond fashion the more there seems to be a personal/ extracurricular element at play.

I’ve supported this site since the very beginning years before your hiatus. I didn’t love when you started covering people that were ‘famous’ for sextapes but you made valid points regarding covering fashion for those relevant to pop culture. This particular post I find to be incredibly beneath you and bordering on unprofessional and unnecessary considering this is a fashion blog.

• Phee phee January 6, 2020 at 11:27 pm #

Whattttt??? what the hell does Beyonce find wrong with that picture??
      Thats what she’s freaked about????
      She doesnt look bad at all there. she’s in mid-dance, and theres no wardrobe malfunction. Even her vaginal area which is on full display is completely covered still.
      Ha. I was expecting something, idk, truly horrid and scary.
      She just looks kinda bad-ass here actually.

Good to know celebrities are real people too and have bad self-image like me.

• Phee phee January 7, 2020 at 4:47 am #

Catherine, sorry about the backlash.
      People love to attack online.
      there was no reason to attack you, you were just stating facts and obvious history.
      Since you are the leader, you take the most crap.
      We commenters, were the ones that took it above and beyond.
      So sorry, you have to take the shit. its not fair to you.

31. Guest January 6, 2020 at 6:32 pm #

THANKYOU for this honest feedback regarding Bey. This Dress is def an improvement from her usual sparkly tight dresses tho.

32. MissHebble January 6, 2020 at 6:26 pm #

I especially appreciate your honest commentary here Catherine. Sad that Beyonce feels the need to control like this. She isn’t a figure of female empowerment, more a sad byproduct of social media and the times we live in. Sad indeed.

33. Guest January 6, 2020 at 6:24 pm #

Now it makes sense – I just read an article about how she was “slammed” online for not joining in the standing ovation after Joaquin’s award for best actor. I think she didn’t stand because she was worried about what she would look like standing up!

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 7:41 pm #

And yet I just saw pics of her standing up at the event on Twitter.

34. Guest January 6, 2020 at 6:00 pm #

I love the gown. Best dressed of the night nominee that said, she has retouched these photos to death.
    Her waist looks unreal.
    Queen of photoshop

35. alvarospain January 6, 2020 at 5:45 pm #

Her twins look awkward…

36. Guest January 6, 2020 at 5:37 pm #

I agree with all of you. I honestly hope that they are no role models to anyone and that fewer and fewer people get fooled by these two exhausting hypocrites with biiiig egos on one hand and some twisted inferiority black power totally obsolete complex. How dare she create the image of herself as a feminist when everything about her screams to the contrary? There is so much retouching of this pic that without Jay-Z next to her she would be unrecognizable. Sad…

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards January 6, 2020 at 5:49 pm #

“without Jay-Z next to her she would be unrecognizable. Sad…”

Exactly that.

37. CharlotteLG January 6, 2020 at 5:27 pm #

The sleeves are a bit dated but I don’t care she looks flawless, her best look in a while IMO.

38. Guest January 6, 2020 at 5:20 pm #

It’s not a theory…
    It’s true (from what I’ve heard over the years in the industry).
    She stopped doing Redcarpet because the media outlets refused to remove the photos.
    She stopped doing interviews and hide her second pregnancy after the critics she received during her first pregnancy.
    And we never really see her twins because of the critics her daughter received on her look. Rumors are that she might stop collaborate with the medias employing the journalists who criticized her daughter’s look…

I can totally understand her point even if I find it frustrating.

It’s a pity because it’s one of her best look in recent years and she really has an amazing figure.

39. Guest January 6, 2020 at 5:07 pm #

I know that exaggerated shoulders were a big trend last night, but I think styling fails this gown. I wish she had done a tight chignon and ditched the earrings.

40. Guest January 6, 2020 at 5:05 pm #

Completely agree with all your points!
    My only complaint would be that I wished the chest area was a bit more relaxed. Her breats look compressed, surly do to the methods used to prevent a wardrobe malfuction, but it was the first place my eyes went. The combination of the gold with her hair and skin looks so warm and delicious.

41. Guest January 6, 2020 at 5:03 pm #

There’s a couple of looks that my favourites of the night before this look. But I would put this in Beyonce’s personal hall of fashion fame, assuming it looks like this without all the very specific filters and lighting and possible editing.

42. Guest January 6, 2020 at 4:59 pm #

It’s kinda sad and contradictory message of being a strong queen if she can’t deal with a few unflattering photos.

43. KseniaBradner January 6, 2020 at 4:57 pm #

I completely agree about the ridiculous image management Beyonce insists upon: it makes her the same as Kim Kardashian. If Beyonce’s message is empowerment, then why is she doing this ageist, non-body positive nonsense?

44. Guest January 6, 2020 at 4:53 pm #

Thank you Catherine for speaking the truth.

I don’t even care anymore about the dress she’s wearing when everything is so ‘filtered’.

45. Guest January 6, 2020 at 4:52 pm #

She looks nice, he looks ridiculous.

Also, regarding her image, I agree with Phee Phee, she’s a control freak who is obviously terrified of not looking perfect. The “feminist”. But then if she was a real feminist, and not a marketing feminist, she would pay her female musicians.

46. Phee phee January 6, 2020 at 4:48 pm #

Ya, but I don’t even think these kind of pics should be considered.
    I mean, its so obviously filtered and played with that whose to say that the dress even looks or fits that smoothly.
    Everyone else was under the bright lights and we judge them based on that impression.
    this seems unfair. When anyone does it. not just beyonce.

• Phee phee January 6, 2020 at 4:50 pm #

I guess I need to see a ‘real’ pic of this dress. I mean it looks cool but I am leery.

• Guest January 6, 2020 at 5:24 pm #

Agreed. I had the same thought. This photo looks great, but it’s obviously edited, so I have a problem comparing it to others at this event in terms of best dressed etc. because I can’t tell how this looked in real life and would’ve looked on the red carpet.

47. Guest January 6, 2020 at 4:45 pm #

THANK you for your very succinct commentary with this post.

One would hope she would be more relaxed about things given her having spoken so much and so openly about self acceptance in her life. And it should be ok to be real enough to have a few bad pics hanging around.

She looks good in the Beyonce MO. Formulatic and yes the filer makes her look like a Madame Tussauds statue.