Menu

December 9, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

‘Little Women’ New York Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Eliza Scanlen, Greta Gerwig and Florence Pugh joined Emma WatsonSaoirse Ronan and Laura Dern on the red carpet for the ‘Little Women’ world premiere held at the Museum of Modern Art on Saturday (December 7) in New York City.

Eliza Scanlen:  What appears to be a puffy sleeved dress, is actually a look made up of three pieces.  Her Khaite Fall 2019 look is part high neck tunic, part maxi skirt and part puffed overlay sleeves.  I’m glad she kept all the elements together, because even without the puffed sleeves, this wouldn’t have had the same impact.

Khaite Fall 2019

Greta Gerwig: The director was displaying plenty of charm wearing an Oscar de la Renta Spring 2020 dress which needed little else thanks the embellishments.

Oscar de la Renta Spring 2020

Florence Pugh:  This Valentino Fall 2019 Haute Couture is gorgeous in this teal blue colour, but the train feels so very random.  Perhaps had it at least touched the floor that feeling wouldn’t be so strong.

Valentino Fall 2019 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Tilda Swinton Closes The 2019 Marrakech Film Festival In Chanel Haute Couture

Tilda Swinton Closes The 2019 Marrakech Film Festival In Chanel Haute Couture

Pippa Middleton's MANGO Structured Wool Coat

Pippa Middleton’s MANGO Structured Wool Coat

12 Responses to ‘Little Women’ New York Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

1. Sharon M December 10, 2019 at 11:22 am #

I like all three, but want to take scissors to that awful blue train. The color is great, but I am so over these random trains on short dresses, pants and jackets.

2. Guest December 9, 2019 at 9:12 pm #

They all look great to me! I wouldn’t be against seeing them all on the week’s list, but it’s early still.

3. Guest December 9, 2019 at 7:00 pm #

I like Eliza’s and Hreta’s dresses but I wish they had swapped outfits.
    I like Florence’s dress too but I’m not sure she’s totally selling it to me.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards December 9, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

I think Eliza could pull off Greta’s dress, but I’m not sold on Greta pulling off Eliza’s

• Guest December 9, 2019 at 11:38 pm #

Yeah, Greta wouldn’t be the first person I’d put in that Khaite dress but I’d like to shake up her style a bit as it can come off as aging and slightly frumpy. But with the right hair styling she might have been more interesting than Eliza in the dress, plus she’s older and taller which might have lent to the look.

• Guest December 10, 2019 at 1:56 pm #

Emma Watson in the Khaite dress would have been interesting. Would definitely have been much better than Emma’s horrible Balenciaga look.

4. Guest December 9, 2019 at 4:38 pm #

Greta’s dress is charming. The other two are ugly.

5. Phee phee December 9, 2019 at 3:50 pm #

Elizas look is awful. the eye makeup is ugh.
    Those sleeves!! yuck. They look too random.
    The different fabric of the bodice and the rest just dont go well together.
    It also gives her oddly short proportions.

Greta looks nice. good dress. boring shoes.
    Flroences dress is rather mediocre.

6. Guest December 9, 2019 at 3:23 pm #

Eliza best dressed of the week nominee

7. Guest December 9, 2019 at 3:05 pm #

i like Eliza’s look except for the belt which seems random with the other pieces. Greta’s dress is nice but not flattering on her and Florence’s look is sloppy. That fabric just looks like creases that need to be pressed and the long piece is random. Not to mention the “I can’t move my arms” design.

8. KseniaBradner December 9, 2019 at 2:42 pm #

I am really impressed with Eliza. This is the first time I’ve seen her on the red carpet and I’m already excited for her style. I imagine Eliza is not very tall, and yet she carries this look so ethereally. Khaite is not for everyone, but Eliza does the brand swift justice.

I love Florence Pugh’s devotion to Valentino Couture. Long may it continue.

Greta Gerwig’s style is very Khaite-y, so I was surprised we didn’t see her in Eliza’s look. But this Oscar de la Renta is very pretty, and she didn’t want to outstage her actors. This dress is both director-y and appropriate for the event.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards December 9, 2019 at 11:12 pm #

“I am really impressed with Eliza” – one to watch for sure. I love her style