Menu

November 25, 2019

2019 American Music Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Following the 2019 Evening Standard Awards, here is another roundup featuring the rest of the ladies who attended the 2019 American Music Awards on Sunday (November 24) in LA.

Heidi Klum:  What is it with Heidi Klum and these music events which sees her pick the most baffling looks? I would take this Monsoori dress on Camila Cabello, but it feels a tad juvenile on Heidi.

Kesha: Until I read the caption, I had no idea this Versace-clad attendee was Kesha.  She looks totally different with black hair, and without the puffy gowns she used to love wearing so much.

Dua Lipa: The singer usually make a big impact at these event, but she kinda blended in wearing this pink Miu Miu gown styled with BVLGARI High Jewelry.

Cobie Smulders: This gold Dundas look an interesting change of direction from Cobie, who got into the spirit of the event, without heading into thirty territory.

Constance Wu: Could this Prada dress be merging Constance’s dainty side with a bit of an edge via the studded lace up?  Not sure I get this to be honest.

Jameela Jamil:  The actress wore a slinky Pamella Roland Spring 2020 gown with dramatic zebra embroidered bodice.

Sofia Carson: Sequinned dresses can be quite formulaic, but Sofia’s Francesco Scognamiglio Fall 2019 look was oozing with glamour thanks to the elegant silhouette, exaggerated collar and ruffled sleeve.

Lauren Jauregui: The singer wore a snakeskin Usama Ishtay gown which made a dramatic impact on this red carpet.

Maya Hawke: It’s not often we see Dior Haute Couture at the AMAs.  Did this black mesh gown with gold constellation embroidery, and a black mesh bolero feel out of place at this event?

Jenna Dewan: The actress a pretty in pink Armani.

Credit: Getty

, , ,

2019 Evening Standard Theatre Awards Red Carpet Roundup

2019 Evening Standard Theatre Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Gymshark's Biggest Blackout Sale Starts TODAY. Get Up To 70% Off

Gymshark’s Biggest Blackout Sale Starts TODAY. Get Up To 70% Off

29 Responses to 2019 American Music Awards Red Carpet Roundup

1. Guest November 27, 2019 at 7:39 pm #

Constance looks HORRIBLE. What was she thinking?!

2. Guest November 27, 2019 at 3:18 am #

Constance Wu was the worst offender for me here.

3. Guest November 26, 2019 at 6:30 am #

I also try to figure out what happened to Dua Lipa? She looks like a terrible copy of Hailey Bieber. I hope she didn’t totally loose her orginal style, but from what I can see now….

4. Guest November 26, 2019 at 6:06 am #

Pretty messed up looks. I only like cobie smoulders, jamila and jenna. Cobie smoulders look really cool.

5. Guest November 25, 2019 at 10:25 pm #

What is it with Heidi Klum and events in general? How does she keep getting invited to every award show that has nothing to do with her? And why does she keep going? I’m so over seeing her in ill fitting and tacky dresses.
    Everybody else looks just as bad, except for maybe Sofia Carson who makes that gown work.

6. Guest November 25, 2019 at 6:45 pm #

Maya Hawke for the win. Cobie Smulders & Jameela Jamil for 2nd & 3rd place.

• Jess Mara November 26, 2019 at 3:00 am #

agreed. Though it does feel a little out of place.

7. Guest November 25, 2019 at 5:52 pm #

Kesha’s ensemble is very cool to me – but I can’t with the wet, greasy hair style!
    Love Sofia’s look. That dress is AMAZING!

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 25, 2019 at 8:29 pm #

Yeah. She took it too far with the hair.

8. Guest November 25, 2019 at 5:12 pm #

Sofia is the only one I really like here.
    Heidi looks pure tragic

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 25, 2019 at 8:28 pm #

I don’t get why Heidi does this to herself consistently.

• Jess Mara November 26, 2019 at 3:02 am #

Maybe trying to stay relevant – at lest we are still taking about her, even if it is to say she looks tragic.

• Guest November 26, 2019 at 11:16 am #

She could still be talked about with great looks. Plus, if that’s the case, keep your dignity woman!

9. Guest November 25, 2019 at 4:35 pm #

Everyone looks awful here. Actually, this was one of the worst red carpets events this year.

10. Guest November 25, 2019 at 4:14 pm #

Sofia Carson. The sequinned silhouette looks so beautiful. It’s striking.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 25, 2019 at 8:27 pm #

I agree.

11. Phee phee November 25, 2019 at 4:12 pm #

Wow, those are some bad looks!
    Heidi looks silly/juvenile. poor thing never gets it right.
    Kesha looks fantastic with dark hair. Dont like the outfit.
    Dua look terrible with light hair. The makeup is also terrible. the dress looks cheap.
    Maya looks ridiculous and costumey.

I like what Sofia was going for there. Probably the best of this bunch. here though, I wish it was one sleeve option, instead of the two.

12. KseniaBradner November 25, 2019 at 3:53 pm #

The top set of Heidi, Kesha and Dua look really cheap.

Sofia, Maya and Colbie are the best dressed of this entire event and deserve BDOTW.

13. Noor November 25, 2019 at 3:08 pm #

To me everyone is totally out. (I like Kesha’s bodysuit on someone else.) One of another worst dressed world event.

People who’re already popular try way too hard and sadly new comers follow their steps as well. I’m pretty tired of seeing them doing unnecessarily too much or showing off all their skin. There’s only a few left who I like to see on red carpet like Cate.

Truthfully feel as if I’m losing my interest on red carpet fashion. Some at least cannot do better than runaway. It’s a shame. People has lost their creativity & artistic abilities.

• Guest November 25, 2019 at 8:21 pm #

I feel the same. Celebs are wearing so many bad, costumey or just plain ugly clothes.

14. Vizual Ninja November 25, 2019 at 1:35 pm #

The AMAs never really churn out consistently great looks, so not surprised by this round up. Maya looks like she’s at the wrong event all together. I like Sophia’ dress but I feel her style is a bit aging and that’s a nice colour on Jenna.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 25, 2019 at 8:28 pm #

We sit in hope.

15. Guest November 25, 2019 at 1:31 pm #

Some looks are OK but this was not a good night for style.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 25, 2019 at 8:30 pm #

I agree.

16. Guest November 25, 2019 at 1:14 pm #

Someone tell Heidi she is not a twenty something. She looks ridiculous. What a terrible red carpet. I don’t like anything here.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 25, 2019 at 8:29 pm #

I would love to see someone like Elizabeth Stewart dress her.

17. Guest November 25, 2019 at 1:06 pm #

Dua Lipa’s make up artist didn’t do a good job.

18. Guest November 25, 2019 at 1:06 pm #

This is a sad batch, like soooo sad. Looking at Heidi Klum makes my blue Monday even worse.
    And Constance Wu? That Chun Li hair? Really?

19. Guest November 25, 2019 at 12:58 pm #

This might have been the worst RC for an award show this year. The fabrics, the fittings, the stylings. Forgettable.