Menu

November 19, 2019 Advertising

Coach Announces Jennifer Lopez as Global Face of Coach

Coach Announces Jennifer Lopez as Global Face of Coach

Today Coach announced Jennifer Lopez as their new global face.

Her partnership with the fashion house will include global advertising campaigns for leathergoods, ready-to-wear and footwear, beginning with the Spring 2020 season.

“I’m so excited for this collaboration with Coach” said Jennifer Lopez. “It is a timeless brand that I’ve always been a fan of and the upcoming collection really speaks to my personal style––an uptown downtown mix.”

“Jennifer is so authentic. She’s determined and she’s an original who has followed her own path to do things her own way––she really embodies the attitude of Coach and our new campaign,” said Coach Creative Director Stuart Vevers. “I loved when Jennifer carried the Coach Signature bags in her 2002 video All I Have. She’s from New York like Coach, which creates another authentic connection with our heritage, and I’m particularly excited about bringing Jennifer and Juergen Teller together.”

I don’t know about you, but this is as confusing to me as Ariana Grande for Givenchy, and Rita Ora for Escada, if not more so.

Thoughts?

, ,

2019 Guggenheim International Gala Presented by Dior

2019 Guggenheim International Gala Presented by Dior

Idina Menzel Wore Paule Ka To The 'Frozen 2' London Premiere

Idina Menzel Wore Paule Ka To The ‘Frozen 2’ London Premiere

21 Responses to Coach Announces Jennifer Lopez as Global Face of Coach

1. Danielle O'Neill November 20, 2019 at 7:36 pm #

jennifer lopez is a great choice

• Danielle O'Neill November 20, 2019 at 7:38 pm #

lol

• Danielle O'Neill November 20, 2019 at 7:38 pm #

shes the best

2. Guest November 20, 2019 at 3:21 pm #

I hope I don’t have to see her in those God-awful Prairie dresses. Also, how is Coach still relevant? Season after season, it’s the same ole design rehashed over and over again.

3. Guest November 20, 2019 at 8:25 am #

I dread the idea of her being stuck in Coach’s frequently awful clothes through awards season…

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm #

And she’s pushing for the Oscars. can you imagine?

• Guest November 20, 2019 at 3:50 pm #

That’s exactly why Coach wants her. Her career had been stuck for years, finally Hustlers becomes her breakthrough.
      She’s the front runner for best supporting actress atm. It’s likely for her to win.

4. Guest November 20, 2019 at 7:10 am #

I think Rita and Escada make the craziest pairing. This one is pretty nuts because Jennifer would not have been caught dead carrying a Coach bag last week. I have not seen Jennifer carrying anything other than Chanel, Hermès, and Valentino bags for the past few years. I mean this woman uses Hermès bags as gym bags. Coach is not the line for her.

5. Guest November 20, 2019 at 1:07 am #

I feel like she’s the “face” of a different brand every other year. It makes her seem inauthentic and like she’s just chasing money. Which she is I get…so you do you J-Lo. I’ll continue not buying or caring for Coach.

6. Guest November 20, 2019 at 12:27 am #

So weird…
    JLO is Versace, Tom Ford, Valentino…She is glamour! It’s a good cheque but maybe she needed to think about coherence and her brand image…

That campaign is convincing but does that mean that Coach will change it current image? They are far, far from JLO now.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 20, 2019 at 1:01 am #

Exactly. JLo is glamour.

Perhaps they want that to rub off on their brand.

• Guest November 20, 2019 at 1:08 am #

Don’t forget she even did Guess last year! I always thought that was her lowest point as the face of a fashion brand.

• Guest November 20, 2019 at 6:00 am #

J-Lo was also paid for a FIAT campaign back in 2011! LOL

Her 2003 Louis Vuitton campaign photos were pretty amazing though.

7. Guest November 19, 2019 at 11:48 pm #

She is past overexposed at this point. Coach bags are awful and for JLo, too cheap to wear

8. Guest November 19, 2019 at 10:44 pm #

I am also confused by this pairing, but then again Coach isn’t a heritage brand and also doesn’t have the clearly defined aesthetic as some of the other brands you mentioned. Certainly nowhere near as jarring as JLaw x Dior.

9. Guest November 19, 2019 at 7:15 pm #

Coach is so J.Lo 2002 that I am surprised that she would do this partnership. But, hey dollar dollar bills, ya’ll.

10. Guest November 19, 2019 at 4:38 pm #

I wish celebrities would start wearing a couple of items from a brand at least couple of times just before a big face/ambassador announcement for such brand to at least give the semblance of genuinely liking the label’s products rather than just the fat paycheck.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 20, 2019 at 12:59 am #

I agree. Carry a bag for a month before the announcement at least

11. Guest November 19, 2019 at 3:33 pm #

Not really as confusing as Ariana or Rita. J. Lo is much more famous worldwide. That’s why they made her ‘global face’.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 20, 2019 at 1:02 am #

Ariana is still the most confusing of all time lol

12. Guest November 19, 2019 at 3:29 pm #

An odd partnership for sure.