Menu

November 19, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

2019 Guggenheim International Gala Presented by Dior

Dior hosted the 2019 Guggenheim International Gala at Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum on Thursday (November 14) in New York City, with a host of their favourite celebrities in attendance.

Karlie Kloss:  We always long for Karlie to bring that runway sass to the red carpet, and it was very apparent in this Christian Dior Spring 2018 Haute Couture ottoman bar tuxedo and ivory embroidered tulle shirt combo.  The nude Dior pumps work here as the suit isn’t white. I’m left in awe at the pop of colour via the red lip.

Christian Dior Spring 2018 Haute Couture

Zoey Deutch: ‘The Politician’ actress was also giving us a stark red lip wearing a Christian Dior Fall 2019 black gown.  The petite star was in danger of getting lost in all that tech cloque jacquard fabric, but thankfully the black leather Saddle belt helps reign things in.

Christian Dior Fall 2019
Nina Dobrev

Nina Dobrev:  The actress wore a beautiful Christian Dior Resort 2020 embroidered cotton toile de jouy sauvage sleeveless dress. But it’s kinda hard to enjoy when Nina isn’t breathing any life into it. Nina used to have such a strong fashion identity, but I don’t feel that anymore.  The look was styled with a Dior black leather embroidered tarot clutch, and black patent leather slingback Dior shoes.

Christian Dior Resort 2020
Sophia Lillis

Sophia Lillis:  I can’t say that I love this Christian Dior Spring 2020 multi-color embroidered dress.  But it does suit Sophia’s indie girl, rustic style.  The blue Dior leather bee clutch feels a bit random, but the Dior gold patent slingback shoes worked a treat.

Christian Dior Spring 2020
Maya Hawke

Maya Hawke:  The actress modified her Dior Spring 2020 multi-color embroidered floral dress with black mesh sleeves, by simply replacing the runway bra for a bandeau, which worked perfectly in her favour.

Christian Dior Spring 2020
Charlize Theron

Charlize Theron:  The ‘Bombshell’ actress kept things super simple wearing a Dior black tulle dress, with a black leather jacket to infuse her beauty with an edge style. A black leather Dior clutch, and Dior jewelry completed her look.

Héloïse Letissier of Christine and The Queens:  The French singer-songwriter doesn’t strike me as a gala gown kinda girl.  And a swift look via Getty of her previous looks confirms that, so this Dior Haute Couture gold trouser ensemble composed of a bustier and shirt in layered mesh and Dior gold sneakers appears perfectly suited to her style.

Uma Thurman: The actress attended with her daughter Maya, wearing a Dior Fall 2019 black wool dress, styled with a black leather embroidered tarot clutch and Dior black patent slingback shoes.

Credit: Vogue.com & BFA/Dior

, ,

Kim Kardashian Rocks A New Vintage Look For The 2nd Annual American Influencer Awards

Coach Announces Jennifer Lopez as Global Face of Coach

Coach Announces Jennifer Lopez as Global Face of Coach

22 Responses to 2019 Guggenheim International Gala Presented by Dior

1. Guest November 24, 2019 at 3:25 pm #

Karlie for the win

2. Guest November 20, 2019 at 2:05 pm #

Finally, a Karlie look I am obsessed with! Head to toe perfection. I also love Zoey’s look!

3. Jess Mara November 20, 2019 at 4:15 am #

Kalie is a BDOTW look for me. Charlize looks rocker chic and I like Zoeys look too but i cant get on board with the rest.
    I also agree with you Catherine about Nina completely loosing her sense of fashion and style.

4. Guest November 20, 2019 at 1:09 am #

Yeah, Karlie looks amazing. It’s impossible for her to look bad in anything, but this look is especially great.
    Everybody else is a little bland

5. Guest November 19, 2019 at 10:05 pm #

What is this brand? I feel like I’ve seen every look 100 times from other brands.

6. Dominos November 19, 2019 at 9:17 pm #

Oh i wish Karlie would have added a red shoe to that look but its still pretty great. That dress is wasted on Nina as she’s totally washed out and her beauty look failed her.

7. Guest November 19, 2019 at 8:43 pm #

Nina Dobrev was in hospital until just a few hours before this. Maybe you guys could be nicer to her of that reason…

• Sharon M November 20, 2019 at 12:05 pm #

Didn’t know that…but it does explain things.

8. MissHebble November 19, 2019 at 8:03 pm #

All in all a well dressed red carpet! I really like Karlie’s look – the red lip take it to the next level.

9. Guest November 19, 2019 at 7:39 pm #

I did not pay attention to Karlie when she was model — I somehow missed her heyday so usually when I see her on the red carpet, I think how was this person a supermodel. But today, she brought it. She looks great ankles up. Zoey looks good and after that the rest are meh to boring. I agree with the person who a week or so ago who said Charlize is phoning it in these days.

10. Guest November 19, 2019 at 7:10 pm #

Uma and Charlize literally look like they’re going to a funeral. So somber.

11. Guest November 19, 2019 at 6:55 pm #

Karlie Kloss’s suit pants just seems off- like it’s loose in the waist and tight in other places. There were better looks for this event and some more tragic.
    Zoey Deutch won it for me. Honorable mention to Maya Hawke and classy awards to her Uma Thurman & Charlize Theron.

12. Guest November 19, 2019 at 4:06 pm #

Karlie looks super chic. One of her best.

None of the others stand out for me.

13. Guest November 19, 2019 at 3:37 pm #

Nina dobrev’s changing systlist didnt do any favor to her. I think She wants to look more mature but she lost her fun side

• Guest November 20, 2019 at 12:11 am #

a smile and some enthusiasm would have helped

14. Catarina_M November 19, 2019 at 2:35 pm #

Karlie Kloss: Love it as far as the ankles. Hate those shoes.
    Zoey Deutch: by this photo looks like the dress isn’t well fitted on the bust area. I love the belt.
    Nina Dobrev: as she looks barely alive, the dress doesn’t stand out.
    Sophia Lillis: the dress a tad big on Sophia, and the styling is bad.
    Maya Hawke: she looks really good and I want those shoes.
    Charlize Theron: I love it h2t.
    Héloïse Letissier of Christine and The Queens: that hair ruins everything she can dress. And those sneackers, awful.
    Uma Thurman: classy and elegant but a little boring.

15. Paola102 November 19, 2019 at 2:32 pm #

Karlie’s look is fierce. Love it from head to toe.
    Zoey and Charlize look elegant with an edge.
    The rest are meh…

16. Guest November 19, 2019 at 2:27 pm #

Karlie is often a bore on the red carpet but here she’s really giving energy and rocking that suit. I wish she and Zoey had given some of their spark to Nina, whose joie de vivre has been M.I.A for a while now. Come to think of it, Charlize also needs some back.

17. Guest November 19, 2019 at 2:13 pm #

Karli is having a SUPER model moment here. Effing fierce!!!

18. KseniaBradner November 19, 2019 at 1:32 pm #

Karlie is the best. Her look is perfectly tailored and not boring like the others.

19. ? November 19, 2019 at 1:24 pm #

I really love Karlie Kloss’s look! It’s BDOTW nominee for me!!! Stylish, sexy, polished, makes a statement without being loud. Perfect!

The rest of the ladies look ok to nice. Truly shame for Nina Dobrev’s dress. It’s so beautiful, but she doesn’t seem to enjoy herself for some reason and that takes some of the beauty away.

anonymous as always

20. Guest November 19, 2019 at 1:22 pm #

Love Zoey, Karli, Charlize (my fave) and Uma. Maya and Sofia’s dresses are awful.

Charlize looks fierce and she’s so gorgeous.