Menu

October 25, 2019

Louis Vuitton New Bond Street Maison Reopening

Louis Vuitton reopened the New Bond Street Maison in London on Wednesday (October 23) with an exceptional cocktail party and dinner in the presence of a host of celebrities.

Naomi Scott:  The Vogue approved British actress continues to make waves in the fashion industry.  We all know some of the edgier looks from LV can be challenging, but this cropped black look proves that she can pretty much turn her hand to anything.

Shailene Woodley:  I have a feeling this look will be less well received.  As you know I have been enjoying this new phase of Shailene’s style on the red carpet.  This Louis Vuitton look does work for me.  Checkered skirt and all, but the matching bag was a tad overkill.

Gal Gadot:  This may seem a little tame by Louis Vuitton’s standards, but this style of dress with the colour blocking and asymmetrical cuts, is very much on brand for Gal.

Poppy Delevingne:  The model wore a sweet ’60s shift dress styled with the monogram Louis Vuitton bag. Unfortunately she lost me with the black boots.

Maisie Williams: The young actress loves to have fun with fashion, so I’m not surprised she opted to add some extra flare to this shimmering dress with the Louis Vuitton leather belt we’ve seen on a few of the ambassadors.

Alexa Chung:  Trust Alexa Chung to find the most Alexa Chung style dress in the Louis Vuitton collection. Cool, girlie and nonchalant.

Doutzen Kroes:  The model is always full of surprises when it comes to her style. I love how the aviator jacket toughens up this look.

Isabelle Huppert: The French actress continues her ode to the ’70s in this suiting option.

Riley Keough:  Hmmm…I kinda expected a bit more from Riley.

Kylie Minogue:  The Australian singer was one of the few to opt for a bold colour. I would never had her down as a Louis Vuitton woman, as she’s more of a slinky dress kinda girl, but I’m totally sold on this bright blue outing…even though there’s a touch of the ’80s about it.

Raffey Cassidy:  Alongside Shailene, this one of the standout looks from this event.  This had that cutting edge I expect to see from Louis Vuitton, which was of course styled with the obligatory ankle boots.

Erin O’Connor:  In terms of style, grace and elegance, not many can match Erin O’Connor.

Credit: Courtesy of Louis Vuitton

, , , , , , , , , ,

SpaceSelfie With Cara Delevingne Rocking The Fendi Prints On Collection

SpaceSelfie With Cara Delevingne Rocking The Fendi Prints On Collection

Lupita Nyong’o Was Decked Out In Prince of Wales Check For Her 'Sulwe' Book Launch Party

Lupita Nyong’o Was Decked Out In Prince of Wales Check For Her ‘Sulwe’ Book Launch Party

18 Responses to Louis Vuitton New Bond Street Maison Reopening

1. WhiteLady October 28, 2019 at 10:33 am #

Regardless of wheter I like LV’s current aesthetic (hint: I don’t!), Maisie has never looked better! she must have gotten a new beauty squad because her hair and makeup look amazing. You go, girl!

• MissCoco November 11, 2019 at 10:55 am #

Exactly what I was thinking! Maisie looks fantastic and makes her clothes stand out . I can’t believe I’m liking LV because I don’t hehehe

2. Noor October 27, 2019 at 3:05 pm #

Shailene and Erin have saved it.

3. KseniaBradner October 26, 2019 at 1:39 am #

I love Gal’s look. It’s how I wish she dressed all the time. I love Maisie’s belt, just not with that dress. Anna Paquin wearing Maisie’s belt would be amazing.

I love everything about Erin’s look except the satin pants. The pants needed to not be a satiny, silky material…the vibe of that fabric doesn’t work with her top half and cool shoes.

4. Guest October 25, 2019 at 11:45 pm #

Isabelle, Kylie, Erin and Alexa looks good because they wore clothes that fit their style and aesthetic. The rest looks like fashion victims and that’s the problem with most RC looks from Vuitton. Instead of making those looks their own, celebs just copies the edgy runway styling…

If you aren’t an edgy girl, don’t even try!

5. Guest October 25, 2019 at 11:11 pm #

Gal and Maisie look dope. The outfit is not overpowering them.
    I actually like the separate pieces from Shailene’s look. But together it’s mucho.

6. Guest October 25, 2019 at 10:13 pm #

Why do people hate LV so much? I don’t get it. I think it’s different and edgy and far more interesting than your typical red carpet brand.
    I do agree with the poster that said it’s not for all celebs. You have to have a certain attitude to pull it off. I think Maise, Doutzen and Isabelle are killing it here.

7. P&P October 25, 2019 at 7:31 pm #

LV-only red carpets are so disappointing lol.

8. Paola102 October 25, 2019 at 7:11 pm #

I like Isabelle’s look, and maybe Gal’s… but that’s it!

9. Guest October 25, 2019 at 3:48 pm #

Raffey Cassidy killing it!
    I love the LV design aesthetic but it’s definitely not for most celebs.
    Need that aviator jacket Doutzen is rocking and THAT BAG that Shailene is carrying.

• Zoha234 October 26, 2019 at 7:43 am #

Making extra $17k on..easyjob50.

10. Guest October 25, 2019 at 2:15 pm #

Some seriously ugly sh**. I mean..really???

11. Guest October 25, 2019 at 11:13 am #

Where is Sophie Turner

12. Guest October 25, 2019 at 11:09 am #

Gal, Maisie, Alexa, Doutzen, Isabelle (sans the extra turtleneck), Riley, Raffey and Erin’s outfits I like though I don’t like the boots with Gal’s and Raffey’s looks. Shailene’s top is horrible and also a poor mishmash with the skirt, she would have sold the outfit that Naomi wore a lot more than Naomi did.

13. Guest October 25, 2019 at 11:03 am #

If I had to pick, I’d choose Gal, Alexa and Isabelle!

14. Guest October 25, 2019 at 9:37 am #

Truly awful! I still hope LV will have again, someday, the appeal it used to have during Marc Jacobs era.

15. Catarina_M October 25, 2019 at 8:58 am #

What an awful RC. I only like Isabelle and even she should have ditched the turtleneck.

• Guest October 25, 2019 at 1:24 pm #

I don’t understand why celebs wear LV. The clothes are so ugly. Shailene looks like a clown.