Menu

September 10, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

‘The Laundromat’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Meryl Streep In Valentino - 'The Laundromat' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Meryl Streep and British actress Jessica Allain attended the Toronto Film Festival premiere of ‘The Laundromat’ on Monday (September 9) in Canada.

Meryl Streep: Painterly florals fall into a printed dégradé arrangement on this romantic long-sleeved dress from Valentino’s Pre-Fall 2019 collection.

I’m so charmed by the dress that I can overlook the shades, which have become her red carpet signature.

Valentino accessories further captured the spirit of the maison.

Valentino Pre-Fall 2019
'The Laundromat' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Jessica Allain:  Brock Collection’s raw-edged take on romantic dressing sees the label combining feminine hallmarks with undone hems to create this red Pre-Fall 2019 midi dress.

While the shape is very feminine, some might not see the beauty in the architectural form that gives this piece a shabby chic vibe, but that is what turned me onto this look.

I’m not sure what I love most here, the Brock Collection red dress or Jessica beautiful hair, so let’s just call this a tie.

Brock Collection Pre-Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Catherine, Duchess Of Cambridge Dons Florals For Her Visit To The Royal Horticultural Society

Gana Bayarsaikhan In Ashi Studio - 'Waiting For The Barbarians' Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Gana Bayarsaikhan In Ashi Studio – ‘Waiting For The Barbarians’ Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

10 Responses to ‘The Laundromat’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. Guest September 11, 2019 at 9:01 am #

Meryl outfit is nice for her, the shoes however are poor.
    Jessica looks amazing.

2. Guest September 11, 2019 at 7:09 am #

They both look great! Meryl actually looks committed to this outfit. I like it!

Love the overall styling of Jessica Allain, who I’ve never heard of.

3. Phee phee September 11, 2019 at 5:17 am #

Neither. Meryls sunglasses and shoes ruin the look.
    Jessicas dress is a bit of a mess. It looks unfinished.

4. Guest September 11, 2019 at 4:25 am #

I *love* Jessica’s look. Brock Collection usually doesn’t translate well to the RC, but this dress is elevated by the great styling (gorgeous hair, cute shoes) and her charm.

5. Jess Mara September 11, 2019 at 2:56 am #

I love Meryl’s dress but the shoes are just plain bad. and while i can get on board with the architectural and structural elements of Jessica’s dress the lack of finesse is really putting me off – maybe it just needed a steam, maybe more.

6. Noor September 11, 2019 at 2:23 am #

Like both the dresses. When it comes to Meryl, I got a sudden smile because she kinda looks like a wife of a billionaire. Everything on line. Even her awful shoes work here.

Let me see… I thought it was a one piece ddress. Can’t stand with the pattern break above her waist line. Still… she looks ok. I love the shades. It’s everything.

7. JasLinds September 11, 2019 at 12:52 am #

Meryl looks fab and I’m kinda loving the accessories as they’re a bit fun. I’m glad she’s wearing more flattering silhouettes for her figure.

I can’t get on board with Jessica’s dress at all. There is no finesse in the design. I get what they were trying to achieve but it looks like it was sewn together by an uncoordinated child.

• Guest September 11, 2019 at 7:45 am #

Agree about Meryl – she’s looked uncomfortable on the red carpet for decades so to see her looking happy in flattering clothes is a delight

8. Guest September 10, 2019 at 10:52 pm #

Meryl’s shoes are awful. The dress is quite nice. She probably chose the shoes because the color scheme matched the dress but even so, they are just bad. I have a genetic eye condition that requires that I wear sunglasses when it is sunny outside and I often forget my regular glasses when I pop inside from being outside for a while so I am choosing to believe that Meryl is doing the same thing. Jessica’s shoes and the color of her dress are ness. I find the style of the dress a bit messy and not in an interesting way.

• Guest September 11, 2019 at 4:35 am #