Menu

September 6, 2019 Photocall, Premiere

Eliza Scanlen In Prada – ‘Babyteeth’ Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Eliza Scanlen In Prada - 'Babyteeth' Venice Film Festival Photocall

The film ‘Babyteeth’ by Australian director Shannon Murphy, premiered during Venice Film Festival on Wednesday (September 4), with 16-year-old Australian actress Eliza Scanlen front and center.

The film is deeply touching, but also dark and strongly humorous.  So I was very impressed by how her red carpet looks reflected this.

‘Babyteeth’ Venice Film Festival Photocall:  I mean, selection of cutesy dresses perhaps wouldn’t have set the right tone for this film.  In this Prada black dress there’s both an elegant, and bewitching vibe to it, with the embellishments, and styling preventing this from feeling too one note.   She is absolutely stunning here.

Eliza Scanlen In Prada - 'Babyteeth' Venice Film Festival Premiere

‘Babyteeth’ Venice Film Festival Premiere:  I was even more floored by her premiere look which was also by Prada.  This piece was beautifully designed. I especially love the embellished detailing which added to the dark beauty of it all.  The print is very dynamic, yet my eyes are drawn to Eliza’s confidence.  Do I wish she had kept the red lip from the photocall?  Yes, but I’m charmed by this look nonetheless.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , , , ,

An Evening Honoring Christian Marclay With Kate Hudson, Miranda Kerr & Jasmine Tookes

Ashley Graham Dresses Her Baby Bump In Latex For The 2019 Fashion Media Awards

Ashley Graham Dresses Her Baby Bump In Latex For The 2019 Fashion Media Awards

10 Responses to Eliza Scanlen In Prada – ‘Babyteeth’ Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

1. Noor September 7, 2019 at 5:06 am #

16?

2. Guest September 7, 2019 at 3:15 am #

Just a minor correction, Eliza Scanlen is 20 years old. Love the LBD.

3. Phee phee September 6, 2019 at 6:14 pm #

sure. both are nice.
    I dont find much excitement in either but it works for her.

4. Guest September 6, 2019 at 3:51 pm #

I too am floored by the premiere look and I like it without the red lip — seems more youthful, not that this look is especially youthful. I like the first one but not quite as much because it seems a little old/mature for a 16-year-old.

5. ? September 6, 2019 at 3:36 pm #

I like both looks but I also kind of find them a little bit too mature for a 16 year old… I don’t know.
    Nonetheless, they are nice looks and the hair is amazing!

anonymous as always

• Guest September 7, 2019 at 10:17 am #

Turns out she is actually 20 yo, she just plays a 16 yo in the movie. She looks great, love those heels in the first look and the moody dark floral of the second.

6. Guest September 6, 2019 at 12:42 pm #

I love both looks. I really like her hairstyle, it looks so flattering with her face. I wish I was brave enough to do that with my hair.

7. MissCoco September 6, 2019 at 10:54 am #

Loooove both looks. The second is perfect! Really good, even when she looks a bit older than 16. Delicate, feminine and statement-making.

8. Guest September 6, 2019 at 10:49 am #

The first is a great lbd, just the right amount of beading to add interest but not takeover the dress.
    The gown is super lovely, night to see print working well in formalwear.
    The way she carries herself seems mature for a 16 year old. It’s a good confidence.

9. Dominos September 6, 2019 at 10:32 am #

I like the first look and LOVE the second. I’m excited to see what she wears next.