Menu

September 6, 2019

Ashley Graham Dresses Her Baby Bump In Latex For The 2019 Fashion Media Awards

Gone are the days when maternity wear meant women having to wear tent-style dress.

Meghan Markle pretty much refused to wear maternity wear through-out her pregnancy.

Granted, that stance didn’t exactly work out well for her, but Ashley Graham looked breath-taking in her eye-popping latex look for The Daily Front Row’s 7th annual Fashion Media Awards on Thursday (September 5) in New York City.

Her dress was courtesy of Vex Clothing, who have dressed the likes of Kim Kardashian and Lady Gaga.

If you’ve ever tried to get one of these latex dresses on , you will know that it is no easy feat, between the baby power or baby oil, (occasional sweat) and the jiggle to get the damn thing on, so I’m in awe of Ashley wearing this skin-tight piece as a maternity look.

I adore the colour – perfect for fall and her colouring – and how flattering this look pregnant or not.

Silver accessories completed her look, but I’m wondering if bronze or rose-gold might have been a better option.

Credit: Getty

, , , ,

Eliza Scanlen In Prada - 'Babyteeth' Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Eliza Scanlen In Prada – ‘Babyteeth’ Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Andrea Riseborough In Temperley London &  Georges Hobeika Couture - 'ZeroZeroZero' Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Andrea Riseborough In Temperley London & Georges Hobeika Couture – ‘ZeroZeroZero’ Venice Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

8 Responses to Ashley Graham Dresses Her Baby Bump In Latex For The 2019 Fashion Media Awards

1. Guest September 6, 2019 at 11:56 pm #

Cannot unsee this…?

2. Phee phee September 6, 2019 at 6:11 pm #

“If you’ve ever tried to get one of these latex dresses on , you will know that it is no easy feat, between the baby power or baby oil, (occasional sweat) and the jiggle to get the damn thing on……”

hahaha. that made me snort!! Ok theres no way imma gonna work that hard for a latex dress.

This isn’t really my kind of thing but her makeup is lovely.

3. Guest September 6, 2019 at 4:11 pm #

Of course, don’t wear if you don’t want to but I don’t really see the problem with wearing maternity clothes. Could anyone explain the rationale?

4. Guest September 6, 2019 at 3:52 pm #

Oh hell to the no.

5. KseniaBradner September 6, 2019 at 2:48 pm #

Ashley has always had bad, tacky style that just focuses on showing off her body. There is never any nuance.

6. Iva007 September 6, 2019 at 2:44 pm #

I hate everything about this look from the neck down.

7. Dominos September 6, 2019 at 12:07 pm #

I really dislike this. I don’t think women need to wear maternity clothes so that’s not the issue for me – I just don’t get working that hard to get into a dress and still have the bottom half look so unflattering. I have yet to see a latex look didn’t end up looking cheap as well as uncomfortable.

• Guest September 6, 2019 at 12:24 pm #

I totally agree with you!