Menu

August 31, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Venice Film Festival Friday Roundup

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Here is a quick roundup of some of the other looks which caught my eye during Venice Film Festival on Friday (August 30) in Italy.

Madisin Rian:  Between her gorgeous face, her buttery skin, her complementary makeup and her dazzling Armani dress….? I’m shooketh.

Barbara Palvin:  While this look feels much improved from Barbara’s outing at the opening ceremony, I’m still a little underwhelmed by her in this Armani Prive red look.  This is mostly due to the skirt and the nude sandals.  When it comes to the skirt I’m really surprised about how off the fit is, and those shoes belong nowhere near this outfit.

Min Pechaya: The Thai model is the latest to rock a custom look from Etro. While I do like the drama of the chiffon cape, I feel like the strapless dess with its sequins and crystals, could’ve held its own.

Marica Pellegrinelli: When I see Marica in this Armani Fall 2019 embellished dress, I keep asking myself…did she really need that necklace?

Alessandra Mastronardi:  There was no way this festival was going  to pass without the godmother of ceremonies wearing a look from Etro.  The long black velvet Fall 2019 dress with puff sleeves was charged with the retro inspired belt, whereas the clutch felt a bit redundant here.

Etro Fall 2019

Billie Piper:  This is actually took place on Thursday.  Billie opted to nail multiple trends in one go with this dress from Erdem. Sequins, lace, and a gigantic bow? I’m not entirely sure how I missed this one.  Rupert Sanderson pumps completed her look.

Erdem Pre-Fall 2019

Anais Gallagher:  Also from Thursday’s outing, Anais Gallagher, daughter of rocker Noel Gallagher, wore a Salvatore Ferragamo Pre-Fall 2019 total look.   The floral suit comes at the right time as we slowly transition into the new season.  Do you also hear the chorus of “All The Leaves Are Brown?”  A black Ferragamo ‘Gancini’ clutch completed her look.

Salvatore Ferragamo Pre Fall 2019

Tina Kunakey:  The French actress never met a feathered dress she never fell in love with, especially one by Armani.

Greta Ferro: Having walked for Giorgio Armani several times, it wasn’t a surprise to see the Italian model wear an Armani piece.  So rich in embellishment and detail, that the look required nothing else.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Ellie Goulding Marries Caspar Jopling In Chloé

Ellie Goulding Marries Caspar Jopling In Chloé

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day Three Of Venice Film Festival?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day Three Of Venice Film Festival?

11 Responses to Venice Film Festival Friday Roundup

1. _Hannah_ September 2, 2019 at 3:59 pm #

Madisin and Great stand out from the group. Both look stunning.

2. Paola102 September 2, 2019 at 2:30 am #

Madisin is a yes for me. Anais is a no for me.

3. Noor September 1, 2019 at 8:32 am #

Marica looks so much alike as Anne Hathaway. She doesn’t need that heavy necklace maybe a simple one. I afore her gown. It’s a beauty.
    Anyway… this post kind of reminds me of Armani fashion show.

4. ? September 1, 2019 at 12:02 am #

Madisin’s look is the perfect example of the right dress for the right person.
    A dress that makes the woman wearing it, rather than the dress itself, steal the show. She looks like a beautiful alien. Brava!

p.s. Armani is definitely the king of this festival.

anonymous as always

5. Guest August 31, 2019 at 11:06 pm #

Madisin’s dress is okay but her face is the real winner. Gorgeous woman.
    Min’s dress didn’t need the damn train. It’s doing nothing.

6. Vizual Ninja August 31, 2019 at 10:34 pm #

Madisin is drop dead gorgeous, I’m not even sure I’d be that into the dress as much on someone else but her whole stature and attitude are really selling it.

7. Phee phee August 31, 2019 at 10:02 pm #

Madisin Looks stunning! Simple elegance and it totally works.
    She stands out here by far.

8. Guest August 31, 2019 at 7:26 pm #

Madison is gorgeous. BDOTW and possibly an addition to my BDOTY list. It’s not that the dress is groundbreaking — it’s the perfect overall effect that I am loving. Anais’s look is interesting though it is not right for this event. Min looks good. Billie’s look is horrid because of the bow and the lace. The rest are meh.

9. P&P August 31, 2019 at 7:06 pm #

Madisin looks like a goddess! Wow. BDOTW for me, definitely!

10. Guest August 31, 2019 at 6:07 pm #

Madisin and Min look amazing. Barbara started out well but the bottom half was a rather dismal. I prefer Billie’s dress in the look book, just change the shoes for a festival red carpet.

11. Guest August 31, 2019 at 5:58 pm #

Madisin is simply mesmerizing. I can’t tear my eyes away from that photo. Straight to BDOTW for me.

Marica’s look is charming. Love the dress and don’t mind the necklace. Wished the shoes were less clunky though.