Menu

August 29, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

‘La Vérité’ Venice Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

Hend Sabri (juror) in Etro custom-made dress embroidered with sequins - 'La Verite' Venice Film Festival Premiere

The 2019 Venice Film Festival opening ceremony and premiere of ‘La Vérité’ (The Truth) on Wednesday (August 28) in Italy saw many more beauties on the red carpet.

Hend Sabri: With a sweep of shimmering elegance, Hend, a festival juror, wore an Etro custom-made dress that was embroidered with sequins in different shades of blue and black and complemented by duchess ruffles. I really like the dimensionality of the varying hues here for a slightly different take on ubiquitous sequins.

Zhong Chuxi in Armani Prive - 'La Verite' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Zhong Chuxi: Zhong looked to the Armani Privé Fall 2018 collection for this sweet pink look that still boasted plenty of progressive edge with the black sheer overskirt and flourish sleeve. I’m actually surprised that her bold, bauble earrings don’t compete as much as I would have imagined with the gown, instead adding a unique layer of playful whimsy.

Armani Prive Fall 2018
Gabrielle Caunesil in Rami Kadi - 'La Verite' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Gabrielle Caunesil: If the ‘Bedazzler’ were to make a premiere gown, I would imagine it would look a lot like this Rami Kadi Fall 2019 hot-pink, high-low design.

Rami Kadi Fall 2019
Isabella Ferrari in Etro

Isabella Ferrari: The power of an Etro print was fully celebrated in this floral ball skirt, sophisticatedly paired with the duality of a menswear-inspired white button-down shirt.

Barbara Palvin in Armani Prive - 'La Verite' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Barbara Palvin: Unfortunately, this Armani Prive gown translated as a bit flat. With nary an accessory in sight, it seemed unfinished and also a bit ill-fitting.

Jasmine Sanders: This Twinset mini really didn’t quite click; aside from being rather twee the occasion, the pouf skirt was more rumpled than it probably should have been. Black Giuseppe Zanotti sandals completed the look.

Sofia Richie: Also wearing a Twinset design, paired with Andrea Wazen shoes, this two-piece look ventured away from Jasmine’s uber-girlishness. But, I still couldn’t get on board, as it was one-dimensional and took on a more dated persona — especially with the updo and necklace.

Kat Graham - Venice Film Festival

Kat Graham: The actress was oozing summer in her canary yellow Ermanno Scervino chiffon gown styled with gold Casadei sandals.

Ni Ni In Gucci - 'La Verite' Venice Film Festival Premiere

NI Ni: The actress made an impact on this red carpet wearing a Gucci gold iridescent lurex jacquard V-neck gown.  I love the ruffles that were on the right side of OTT for added drama, and the embroidered bows and flowers that have become Gucci’s signature.

Viola and Vera Arrivabene in Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini -  'La Verite' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Viola and Vera Arrivabene: Model sisters Viola and Vera both hit the red carpet wearing custom gowns by Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini.  I love how these gowns were in sync, yet totally individual.  If I could wear either of these gowns, I would go for Vera’s.  I just love the elegance of the chiffon skirt with embellished top.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Candice Swanepoel In Etro -  'La Vérité' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Candice Swanepoel In Etro – ‘La Vérité’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

Cara Delevingne's Desert Chic Look For The 'Carnival Row' London Screening

Cara Delevingne’s Desert Chic Look For The ‘Carnival Row’ London Screening

16 Responses to ‘La Vérité’ Venice Film Festival Premiere Red Carpet Roundup

1. Guest August 29, 2019 at 4:28 pm #

Ni Ni – Golden perfection head to toe! My favorite! Would also look great on a Fanning.
    Sofia Richie – Tube top needs a better fit, shoes are terrible!
    Barbara – Desperately needs a lip!
    Gabrielle – Hate the circular cups – colors are amazing though!
    Isabella – What I wish I looked like!
    Zhong – Also AMAZING!!!!

2. Guest August 29, 2019 at 3:53 pm #

My favourites here are Zhong and Isabella.

3. Paola102 August 29, 2019 at 3:46 pm #

Hend: Classy, love the dual sequins (I also thought she was Ashley)
    Zhong: experimental done right
    Gabrielle: been there, seen that, ad nauseam.
    Isabella: striking skirt!
    Barbara, Jasmine: no
    Sofia: see Gabrielle above
    Kat: beautiful colour, that suits her very well. the necklace desn’t go with the gown. Something less chunky would have been better
    Ni: Noteworthy dress, however it’s too close to her skin tone. Washes her out a little.
    Viola and Vera: Interesting dual coulour bloking, the skirt on the other one is heavenly.

4. Guest August 29, 2019 at 3:34 pm #

Barbara seems such a joyful, quirky person, but she so often dresses boring :/

5. Guest August 29, 2019 at 1:55 pm #

Zhong and Viola are my favourites here, everyone else …. Meh.
    P. S. When I first saw Hendri, I thought it was Ashley Graham!

6. sueno August 29, 2019 at 12:21 pm #

i’m so disappointed with barbara’s dress

7. Vizual Ninja August 29, 2019 at 9:26 am #

Hend, Zhong, Barbara, Vera and Viola are the only passes for me. Everyone else looks quite dated.

8. Guest August 29, 2019 at 7:43 am #

I thought Hend was Ashley Graham in the thumbnail, she looks good, that dress is elegant classic.
    Zhong’s gown is wonderful, I love how light it feels.
    Sofia, Jasmine and Barbara looks are all rather poor here.

• Guest August 29, 2019 at 11:00 am #

Didn’t see the last three before – I’m not always a fan of outfits that are so similar to the wearer’s colouring but Ni Ni’s look is fantastic.

9. Jess Mara August 29, 2019 at 6:11 am #

Some of these are so dated I feel like I’m looking at vintage prom photos not images from 2019!!!
    I like Zhong’s dress but she’s not wearing it confidently enough to sell it to me.

10. Noor August 29, 2019 at 5:37 am #

All I like here is Zhong’s earrings. Her gown also beautiful from waist up.

11. Guest August 29, 2019 at 4:58 am #

Hend, Zhong and Isabella look so elegant. I would call it european chic

12. Guest August 29, 2019 at 4:46 am #

Zhong Chuxi

13. Guest August 29, 2019 at 1:55 am #

Sofia Richie is at the Venice Film Festival — I can’t believe this. Her look is dated and the plastic shoes, yuck. Jasmine is too twee. Barbara’s is dull. Gabrielle’s is tacky. The models are not doing well in this roundup. Hend looks amazing and is the star of this roundup. Zhong’s dress is lovely but she is not selling it and I find the earrings to not work with the shoulder design. This is a dress that I would like to see again. Isabella’s skirt is interesting but I am over the men’s shirt and the long skirt for formal wear.

• Phee phee August 29, 2019 at 2:28 am #

Everything JHH just said, I was gonna say! So I might as well leave it at that 🙂

• Jacqueline4 August 31, 2019 at 12:09 pm #

From this method you will know how to make every month extra $19,000 or more easily just by doing work in spare time.
      Details on this website…………..easyjob50.com