Menu

August 27, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Zara Larsson In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture – 2019 MTV VMAs

Zara Larsson In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture - 2019 MTV VMAs

Whereas the 2019 MTV VMAs are often an occasion for wilder styles, Zara Larrson channeled a softer, sweeter side on Monday (August 26) in New Jersey.

Floating across the red carpet in a whiff of girly romance, she demonstrated that there is never such a thing as too many ruffles.

Although the voluptuous sleeves were more relaxed from the original runway incarnation, you couldn’t help but smile at this Giambattista Valli Spring 2017 Haute Couture high-low gown, with its flush of whimsy — all properly coordinated with her wavy locks and blush-toned makeup.

So, for that reason, I would have continued the baby-pink hue right down to her sandals.

Did you like this fairytale moment?

Giambattista Valli Spring 2017 Haute Couture

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Taylor Swift In Atelier Versace - 2019 MTV VMAs

Taylor Swift In Atelier Versace – 2019 MTV VMAs

Heidi Klum In Nedo - 2019 MTV VMAs

Heidi Klum In Nedo – 2019 MTV VMAs

8 Responses to Zara Larsson In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture – 2019 MTV VMAs

1. Guest August 27, 2019 at 6:22 pm #

Lily Collins wore almost the same Giambattista gown to the Met Gala this year and tbh i liked her version a lot more than this one. Yes it’s cute and everything, but i think it is too much for the VMAs, also i feel like the light pink color washes her out. 😶🤷🏼‍♀️

2. ? August 27, 2019 at 3:16 pm #

I think she is too petite to pull this off. She is kind of lost in too much fabric. But as someone else wrote, for a music awards event, she is ok.
    Her beauty look and hair have a dreamy vibe I like a lot!

anonymous as always

3. Guest August 27, 2019 at 12:13 pm #

I’m fond, if just because I had this duvet cover when I was growing up.

4. Guest August 27, 2019 at 1:26 am #

This is not a look for the VMAs. Plus the train is just too much and all I can see is a bed skirt as said by Vizual Ninja.

5. Phee phee August 27, 2019 at 1:19 am #

no no no and no!
    I hate these high low dresses Valli insists on. So ugly.
    Also, her version looks like a limp deflated sad version of the runways.

The only thing I like here is her hair. its appealing to my eyes

6. Vizual Ninja August 27, 2019 at 1:06 am #

I appreciate the approach and I like the colour but bed skirt comes to mind.

7. Guest August 27, 2019 at 1:02 am #

For a music award show – where, generally my hopes are low- I like this alot. It might be a bit much unless she was expected to be a big winner on the night but it’s big without being obnoxious and not thirsty so thumbs up.

8. SarahS95 August 27, 2019 at 12:33 am #

I think I would’ve liked this better without the train just feels like it’s too much