Menu

August 27, 2019

Taylor Swift In Atelier Versace – 2019 MTV VMAs

Taylor Swift In Versace - 2019 MTV VMAs

Taylor Swift was an early arrival at the 2019 MTV VMAs tonight (August 26) in New Jersey; that’s likely because the songstress is opening the show with a performance — and, of course, she is also up for an impressive 10 awards.

With a glam-punk edge and 80s bold-shoulder flavor, she turned up the volume in what you immediately recognize as the signature baroque Versace motif.

Indeed, this elaborate custom Atelier Versace blazer-dress and crystallized pink bodysuit was inspired by the Resort 2020 collection and paired with Christian Louboutin ‘Elouix’ thigh-high boots and Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

You may be having a case of déjà vu, aside from the retro leanings of the look; that’s because Taylor wore a similar baroque-print Versace number at the 2019 Teen Choice Awards earlier this month.

However, I much prefer how her mod hair and spicy lip fit this evening’s look better than at Teen Choice. What say you?

Credit: Getty

, , , , , ,

Lizzo In Moschino By Jeremy Scott - 2019 MTV VMAs

Lizzo In Moschino By Jeremy Scott – 2019 MTV VMAs

Zara Larsson In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture - 2019 MTV VMAs

Zara Larsson In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture – 2019 MTV VMAs

11 Responses to Taylor Swift In Atelier Versace – 2019 MTV VMAs

1. Ari The Musical Lion August 7, 2020 at 10:33 am #

From a hot red-blooded American male perspective all I can say is this woman is literally an ANGEL ON EARTH!!! I don’t know how it’s possible to have so much beauty and talent in one person – my only theory is Taylor is simply an ANGEL!!! Thank you G-D for having this amazing ANGEL ON EARTH!!!!

2. Guest September 24, 2019 at 8:16 pm #

Doesn’t really matter what she wears, she has that puffy alcoholic’s face that always makes her look like, well, an alcoholic. Rich alcoholic, poor alcoholic, they both suffer from the same alcoholism. Sad.

3. Guest August 28, 2019 at 5:02 am #

I love it!
    Fun look!

4. Isabela August 28, 2019 at 2:21 am #

I prefer this one too

5. Noor August 27, 2019 at 6:25 pm #

Those boots? no. It has nearly killed the blazer. Anyway…. better than before.

6. Guest August 27, 2019 at 1:24 am #

I love the boots. I feel like these jacket looks make the wearer look like she forgot her pants. Taylor is into these Versace prints this year. She looks fine but it’s not my favorite.

7. Phee phee August 27, 2019 at 1:16 am #

She looks great! far better than her previous Versace try.
    I love the whole look this time. The hairstyle works better.
    Its really lovely and might be a fave of the evening.

8. Vizual Ninja August 27, 2019 at 1:07 am #

It’s just the right amount of edge for her, I like it.

9. Guest August 27, 2019 at 1:04 am #

It’s on theme with her current Taylor period. She’s selling it more than on her previous Versace outing.
    I thought she was doing a collaboration with Stella McCartney?

• tsarahagst August 27, 2019 at 1:08 am #

She does, but if I recall, the collaboration itself is limited like it’s only available during the current Lover era just for a few months (not until her tour, I presume) so I don’t think she’s required to fully become an ambassador of Stella and wears her clothes on the red carpet.

10. SarahS95 August 27, 2019 at 12:34 am #

I really like this it’s like a merging of the colourful sweet side of the Lover era and the rebellious Reputation era. The hair is definitely better here than at the TCA