Menu

July 13, 2019

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Was Back In Her Favourite Colour - Green - For The Wimbledon Finals

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attended the women’s tennis singles final at Wimbledon this afternoon (July 13), in London.

The Duchess, who is keen tennis player herself, was there in an official capacity as the royal patron of the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club.

After dazzling in white on day 2 of the championship, she wore a pretty green Dolce & Gabbana dress featureing gold buttons, which she had previously worn during her 2016 royal tour of Canada.

The look was styled with her favourite Dolce & Gabbana ‘Miss Sicily’ bag, which she carried to last year’s men’s final, Rupert Sanderson ‘Malory’ nude pumps and Asprey’s ‘Woodland Oak Leaf’ earrings.

My first reaction to this look was that the fit better back in 2016.

The darts on the bust are glaring on this occasion, but I do like the look nonetheless.

Credit: Getty

Shop the look

, , , , , , , , ,

Eva Longoria Opts For Velvet For The Global Gift Gala Marbella 2019

Eva Longoria Opts For Velvet For The Global Gift Gala Marbella 2019

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Wore A Pretty Pleated Skirt To The Wimbledon Finals

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Wore A Pretty Pleated Skirt To The Wimbledon Finals

11 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Was Back In Her Favourite Colour – Green – For The Wimbledon Finals

1. Guest July 21, 2019 at 8:30 pm #

I do get the impression that some of the outfits Middleton has worn, only her could pull off. It seems that with her absolutely perfect figure she could make a potato sack look great. Shame that this dress, being very nice overall, has ‘nipple seams’. It’s most probably a design disaster, but Middleton’s stylist and Kate herself really blew it, by the fact that she wore it. Surely, there are mirrors in royal residences.

2. Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:28 pm #

I agree it fit better the first time she wore it. Her head looks great .

3. Jess Mara July 15, 2019 at 1:39 am #

I love this dress on Catherine but there is something about the whoel fit that is throwing me off. There are fit issues around her hips and waist and dont even get me started about the darts.

Looked better on her in 2016 but still shes a breathtakingly beautiful women.

4. Guest July 14, 2019 at 12:23 pm #

What can I say? She looks great. The dress flatters her beautiful body so much and she looks happy.

5. Noor July 14, 2019 at 3:33 am #

She looks gorgeous as always. That green colour suits well with her skin and hair. But not a win for me. She could do better.

6. Phee phee July 13, 2019 at 10:02 pm #

Not the best fit at all. Seems tight.
    Not her best.

7. Guest July 13, 2019 at 9:14 pm #

I am sure she chose it because it’s Wimbledon green (you can’t really see her little bow with the hair on this shot, but it’s a perfect match) which is a nice touch, but yeah the darts are really unfortunate. Too bad, as this was a favourite when she first wore it.
    Also, congrats Simona Halep! ?

8. Guest July 13, 2019 at 8:24 pm #

D&G seamstresses should be embarrassed with those darts. I don’t get why they’re more prominent this time around though.

9. Guest July 13, 2019 at 7:59 pm #

The green is rich and striking. I agree, the fit and darts are hard to ignore. I do feel she’s so lean and statuesque she would look good in a bin bag. Her hair waves are looking particularly fresh and lovely lately. The brown is warm and breezy too. A pop of color with accessories would have elevated the whole look.

• Guest July 13, 2019 at 11:52 pm #

I agree, but I have to admit I don’t completely dislike the darts, they somehow make the dress look more retro chic

10. Guest July 13, 2019 at 7:55 pm #

What’s with Kate and Dolce and Gabbana at Wimbledon? The pumps in pink would have been fun but it’s a nice look.
    I saw a photo of her sister at Wimbledon wearing that yellow Gianni dress that you posted in Shop The Look.