Menu

July 13, 2019

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Wore A Pretty Pleated Skirt To The Wimbledon Finals

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Wore A Pretty Pleated Hugo Boss Skirt To The Wimbledon Finals

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex joined sister-in-law, and fellow tennis fanatic Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, at the Wimbledon women’s singles final today (July 13), where she saw her friend Serena Williams lose to Simona Halep in straight sets.

The Duchess looked lovely, channelling her inner Carolina Herrera, wearing a look which consisted of a Givenchy white shirt and a pleated Hugo Boss printed georgette midi skirt.

I was instantly drawn to the bold graphic print.

Meghan has tended to favour simple pieces since entering the royal family.

This bold print kinda felt like a return to her post-engagement style.

Jennifer Meyer jewels and a white Stella McCartney ‘Grace clutch completed her look.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , , ,

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Was Back In Her Favourite Colour - Green - For The Wimbledon Finals

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge Was Back In Her Favourite Colour – Green – For The Wimbledon Finals

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

21 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex Wore A Pretty Pleated Skirt To The Wimbledon Finals

1. Fiona23 July 16, 2019 at 3:09 pm #

I think she looks great – so glad she doesn’t seem to be dieting herself silly too soon but is trying to embrace her current shape.

2. Guest July 15, 2019 at 12:26 pm #

So unflattering and rather sloppy. The shirt doesn’t go with the skirt.

3. Guest July 14, 2019 at 8:21 am #

Meghan ‘s outfit is terrible. That blouse doesn’t belong anywhere near that skirt. The white’s don’t match. I think a black top would’ve looked better with the skirt which is actually nice. Too bad it doesn’t suit her body right now. It’s a big miss.

Catherine looks nice, she wears some lovely colours and her clothes always fit her impeccably. Meghan should take note.

4. Noor July 14, 2019 at 3:42 am #

Recently she gave birth to a child. I cannot expect more from her cause I know she will last like this for another few weeks. All she cares about now is being comfortable.

When I look at her with that in my mind, she gives me a ‘just ok’ feeling. I also like both of their rings.

5. Guest July 14, 2019 at 1:37 am #

The skirt is quite nice. The blouse is not the best pairing with the skirt. I’d like to have seen a slimmer fit black or blue top not a shirt.

6. Guest July 14, 2019 at 12:01 am #

I agree with the others that the two whites clashes and that the whole look isn’t very flattering. But other than that she looks okay (my expectations are so low with her!)

7. Phee phee July 13, 2019 at 10:00 pm #

Not flattering. I like the skirt and pattern but it does not look good on her. The shirt seems a sloppy fit….

8. Dominos July 13, 2019 at 9:48 pm #

Sigh, I haven’t missed the negativity on Megan posts. Both looks seem to have fit issues but I like the colours and wish Serena would have won.

9. Guest July 13, 2019 at 9:07 pm #

I think the skirt is lovely, but it needed a simpler top and the two whites are clashing. This would have looked so good with a darker, less structured/silkish top, or one of those boatnecks she favors.

10. _Hannah_ July 13, 2019 at 8:44 pm #

I think she looks lovely. I like the combination of the button down shirt and this skirt.

11. Guest July 13, 2019 at 8:17 pm #

I want her to stay away from button-downs for a minute. They don’t work with everything.
    Top aside, I like the rest of the look. It’s in her comfort zone but fun.

12. Guest July 13, 2019 at 8:02 pm #

The skirt is just wrong for her waistline and height. She may need to dress in less constructed clothing since she has a flamboyant natural body type. A dress that skimmed and floated with no waist would have been great. That collared white shirt just emphasizes just how wide and angular she is. It’s hard to overlook everything here.

• Guest July 13, 2019 at 9:02 pm #

What exactly is a flamboyant natural body type? I don’t think that means what you think it means.

• Guest July 14, 2019 at 1:36 am #

I am wondering the same thing. I have heard voluptuous/hourglass figures called flamboyant but not body types like the Duchess has.

• Sharon M July 14, 2019 at 11:48 am #

She had a baby less than 3 months ago. I think she looks great. Yes she is wider than usual and short-waisted and angular. And she still looks wonderful!

• Guest July 14, 2019 at 1:02 pm #

I’ve never heard someone called short, wide and angular before. Angular is like the opposite of short and wide isn’t it? Maybe you and Elle can can explain what that means?

• Guest July 14, 2019 at 3:10 pm #

Elle used the Kibbe system for body types. It’s a good system and sometimes very easy to apply and in other cases a bit tricky (there are 13 types after all).

• Guest July 14, 2019 at 3:52 pm #

That’s so weird. I’ve never heard of it but it’s described as: Straight and angular (broad, not sharp). Arms and legs tend toward musculature. Bust and hips tend to be flat or straight . Anyway thanks for the explanation Elle, I mean Kat.

13. Guest July 13, 2019 at 7:58 pm #

I love the skirt but the look as a whole isn’t very flattering.

14. Guest July 13, 2019 at 7:57 pm #

I like the skirt but that white shirt next to the shade on the skirt looks jarring.

• Guest July 13, 2019 at 9:40 pm #

Totally agree and it looks sloppy.