Menu

‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ London Photocall

X-Men: Dark Phoenix London Photocall.

Sophie Turner and Jessica Chastain were back together again for the ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ London photocall on Tuesday (May 21).

Sophie Turner: Keeping her LV run going strong, she wore another eye-catching look in this Louis Vuitton Resort 2020 waist-cinching frock. It was a bold, sassy design, so I was glad to see she continued to keep her styling simple so as not to compete.

Jessica Chastain: This Carolina Herrera Fall 2019 long, bohemian dress couldn’t have been more opposite from Sophie’s. But, it follows in line with the colourful, more relaxed looks that Jessica has been wearing on this promo tour — and that golden-yellow hue was radiant on her.

Louis Vuitton Resort 2020
Carolina Herrera Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , ,

‘Once Upon a Time In Hollywood’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

‘Once Upon a Time In Hollywood’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Tilda Swinton In Chanel - 'Parasite' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Tilda Swinton In Chanel – ‘Parasite’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

18 Responses to ‘X-Men: Dark Phoenix’ London Photocall

1. Guest May 23, 2019 at 2:04 am #

Jessica has looked odd with each Dark Phoenix photocall. Looking so small compared to ST and looking unpolished next to ST in LV. Sophie has generally looked very modern and young but Jessica has looked a bit frumpy , not that she should compete but it has just looked a bit unfortunate for JC. Just an observation.

2. Guest May 22, 2019 at 6:26 pm #

Jessica’s dress is too long. And while Sophie’s makes her waist look tiny and legs long, there is just something off about the fit. Perhaps if the skirt was a tiny bit longer? It’s just a proportion thing…the human eye can just sense when something isn’t quite right. I just keep thinking the skirt needs to be an inch or two longer to make this work. Jessica needs the skirt on her’s hemmed. It’s long and frumpy from the waist down. A little leg and a kicky shoe would have helped her look. The colors are working for both ladies respectively.

3. Guest May 22, 2019 at 6:04 pm #

Sophie’s dress does bad things to her body proportions. Her waist looks tiny but her shoulders look huge.
    Jessica picked the worst time to try out bangs. They’re killing me.

4. Guest May 22, 2019 at 2:18 pm #

No and Oh God No.

5. OGCaroline May 22, 2019 at 1:25 pm #

No and no.

6. Guest May 22, 2019 at 11:04 am #

Sophie’s dress looks awkwardly put together and now someone else has mentioned it, it does remind me of 2009. But I like to see bustier bodice with a different skirt. But I will say she is rocking her outfit.
    I love the yellow on Jessica but again that mumsy feel strikes again. But she looks beautiful with that no- makeup makeup look. I wonder if you have Sophie’s height to really pull off that Herrera dress.

7. _Hannah_ May 22, 2019 at 10:46 am #

I do love the colour of Jessica’s dress, but not the fabric.
    Sophie’s look – for me there are some proportions issues.
    So there is a no from me

8. Guest May 22, 2019 at 7:44 am #

From dress to shoes, Sophie is looking very 2009. Not knocking 2009 though 😉

9. CharlotteLG May 22, 2019 at 7:19 am #

Jessica looks great, the hairstyle is way better than in her previous looks. I like Sophie’s skirt and top but not together, the proportions are not working.
    And, as usual, the women are all dressed up when the men are looking like they’re going to the pub.

10. Charlotte2019 May 22, 2019 at 7:08 am #

I’ll take sophie’s silver toe pumps and burn the rest of the outfit to the ground.
    Jessica is very much herself in this bright yellow dress,she can do better

11. Jess Mara May 22, 2019 at 4:59 am #

I for one really like Sophies look but lets just say that the colour is the only thing Jessica’s got going for her with that mess. She’s a beautiful women who looks like she’s Sophie’s mum/chaperone.

12. Guest May 22, 2019 at 3:07 am #

I think Sophie wears LV better than most of their other ambassadors (exception being Alicia Vikander) and it’s a cool modern look for a photo call.

Jessica Chastain continues to bore me.

13. Phee phee May 22, 2019 at 2:56 am #

There just not bringing any zest to this tour. Its all so meh.
    They haven’t looked terrible but they are just so seemingly uninterested in all this.
    Sophie is one I wish I could separate from LV. forever and ever.

14. Guest May 22, 2019 at 2:39 am #

Sophie’s outfit looks like clown clothes. Jessica looks mumsy.

• Guest May 22, 2019 at 4:42 am #

Toe overhang is one of my pet peeves and that is another negative for Jessica’s look.
      From what I have seen of the previews, and I am not an X-men fan so I could be biased, the movie looks awful and I wonder if that is having an impact on these two and this tour because it’s been awful so far.

• _Hannah_ May 22, 2019 at 11:01 am #

Well, honestly, I don’t think there is such a connection between the film being good or bad and the styling of the actors promoting it. I love X-Men franchise, but I can separate my feelings about the film from the opinions about the way they promoting it and the way the actors are dressed.

15. Vizual Ninja May 22, 2019 at 2:38 am #

Sophie’ outfit gives the most bizarre illusion, I’m not into it. I like Jessica’ dress and the colour but the styling is lackluster, and those bangs aren’t growing on me.

16. SarahS95 May 22, 2019 at 2:26 am #

Sophie Turner’s waist looks tiny in this!!! Love the bodice but not sure about the rest of it! Jessica is continuing her run of looking like Sophie’s mum who is chaperoning her to these events