Menu

April 23, 2019 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Danai Gurira Pretty In Pink For The ‘Avengers: Endgame’ LA Premiere

Danai Gurira In Oscar de la Renta - 'Avengers: Endgame' LA Premiere

Danai Gurira attended the world premiere of Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures ‘Avengers: Endgame’ held on Monday (April 22) in Los Angeles, California.

The actress went the romantic route for this red carpet premiere, and I have to say I was a little surprised.

I expected something a bit futuristic like Iris van Herpen, but the actress wore a dress from Oscar de la Renta’s Pre-Fall 2019 collection.

I love the pretty, vivid shade of pink,  and how the pleated chiffon adds textural intrigue and is cut with a plunging V-neckline for seductive allure.

But I was baffled by the headband.

The thick black headband accented with a sparkling pink ribbon took a little of the shine off this look for me.

It looks like a sweatband.

David Webb jewels and Christian Louboutin ‘Jonatina’ sandals completed her look.

Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Best Dressed Of The Week

Best Dressed Of The Week

Karen Gillan Red, Black & Futuristic At The ‘Avengers: Endgame’ LA Premiere

Karen Gillan Red, Black & Futuristic At The ‘Avengers: Endgame’ LA Premiere

9 Responses to Danai Gurira Pretty In Pink For The ‘Avengers: Endgame’ LA Premiere

1. Guest April 23, 2019 at 11:40 pm #

To me the hair brings down the look. Perhaps if Danai’s hair had been sleeker it would have worked better. I can understand wanting to wear that beautiful colour and design.

2. Guest April 23, 2019 at 7:32 pm #

I too expected Danai to wear something more modern and I do appreciate the attempt to break out the edgy looks box but this dress is not doing it for her. The color is nice but all the rest is not starting the straps and the fit through the bodice. I have no good words for the hair style and headband.

3. Vizual Ninja April 23, 2019 at 3:37 pm #

A missed opportunity, I wish she wore the yellow in the lookbook, I prefer that design and that colour would’ve been glorious on her. And, I’m also confused about the hair and headband.

4. Guest April 23, 2019 at 2:54 pm #

It’s a lovely dress, but it doesn’t suit her. She looks a little uncomfortable in it.

5. Phee phee April 23, 2019 at 2:18 pm #

Not working at all. First, it doesn’t seem to fit in at the event.
    Second, the hairstyle and sweatband absolutely do not work with the vibe of the dress.
    I love the color of the dress, but I don’t feel this dress works for her vibe either.

6. Guest April 23, 2019 at 11:44 am #

It’s not bad but i expected something with more edge from her

7. Guest April 23, 2019 at 11:02 am #

It’s a pretty dress and I don’t want to box people in but this feels more a Viola Davis or Kate Bosworth dress. Plus the hairstyle and the hair and are terrible.

8. Martijn149 April 23, 2019 at 7:19 am #

The colour looks stunning on her, but the dress looks much better on the lookbook. I don’t think the bust area looks good on Danai. And the hair band does not work at all. I think edgier looks work better on her than this.

9. JessNess April 23, 2019 at 7:06 am #

Sorry, the dress is horrible