Menu

21.01.19

Emma Stone In Louis Vuitton – 2019 Producers Guild Awards

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Emma Stone In Louis Vuitton - 2019 Producers Guild Awards

Emma Stone was back on the red carpet for the 2019 Producers Guild Awards on Saturday (January 19) in Beverly Hills, California.

You’ll be forgiven if you thought this was Michelle Monaghan, as Emma was showcasing darker locks for the occasion.

Dressed in a yellow Louis Vuitton custom Pre-Fall 2019 yellow dress, I can’t help but feel like this dress was made with her strawberry blonde hair colour in mind.

It certainly appears that way.

With regards to the dress, it’s an improvement on the two nude dresses we’ve seen so far during awards season, but I’m yet to be wowed by Emma so far.

I’m sure the hair colour will eventually grow on me, but when it comes to the necklace that attempted to add some modernity to the look, I’m thrown by the black ribbon.

Credit: Getty

Best Dressed Of The Week

Best Dressed Of The Week

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Amy Adams In Dundas Couture - 2019 Producers Guild Awards

Amy Adams In Dundas Couture – 2019 Producers Guild Awards

25 Responses to Emma Stone In Louis Vuitton – 2019 Producers Guild Awards

1. Alina January 23, 2019 at 6:25 am #

Awful. Hair, makeup, dress. She should fire her entire team.

2. Maya S. January 22, 2019 at 7:13 pm #

I don’t understand what happened to poor Emma. She should fire her stylist ASAP.

3. Biqa January 22, 2019 at 9:14 am #

I actually thought it was Ruth Wilson

4. barbara January 22, 2019 at 1:12 am #

She looks silly, this necklace looks like bananas around her neck, the hair is a disaster… nothing works…. This is by far the worst LV look she has ever worn. I truly cannot wait for this contract to end

5. Caitlin January 21, 2019 at 10:06 pm #

Oh dear god, what is that thing growing around her neck

6. Fanny January 21, 2019 at 8:54 pm #

That necklace… it’s not the worst thing I’ve ever seen but it’s not good. If I put my finger over it I actually really like this.

7. phee January 21, 2019 at 7:43 pm #

Yikes. This is aging on her. Like very. unflattering
    The dress looks so cheap and unfinished. the black ribbon is just no.
    The hair not her best, although if the color is for a movie than theres nothing to do about that.
    Overall, fail.
    Stupid LV.

8. Vizual Ninja January 21, 2019 at 3:25 pm #

This isn’t that bad to me, esp compared to her last few looks, sans the ribbon and the weird makeup, I actually like it. Think the colour is good for her.

9. Lashae January 21, 2019 at 2:33 pm #

It’s not ugly but just like the many LV looks she has worn it’s very underwhelming.

Also, not a fan of the wet hair look.

10. Hermoine January 21, 2019 at 2:22 pm #

This is a huge disappointment. It’s an unflattering shape,color, and it ages her by 20 years. It’s time for a come to Jesus meeting (as we say in the south) with her stylist and the designer.

11. VG January 21, 2019 at 1:23 pm #

This is probably one of her worse looks ever. The dress doesn’t fit and the colour is terrible. Plus her hair looks wet and the new colour doesn’t suit her. As for the necklace? It looks like a last minute addition to salvage the whole look. Sadly, it didn’t work and she just looks a mess.

• aa January 22, 2019 at 10:09 am #

+1 She can’t pull off that hairstyle. It looks unwashed. This whole look is just terrible.

12. Caroline January 21, 2019 at 12:35 pm #

With that hairstyle this takes a place on my WDOTY list.

13. Chris January 21, 2019 at 12:06 pm #

The color is interesting but not quite working on her. The shape of the gown is a bit unflattering. The necklace is interesting, but isn’t enough to save that gown. I’m sure the hair color will grow on me, it’s the hair styling I don’t like here. Not sure about the make-up either. So overall, this is pretty much a head to toe ‘no’ for me, sadly…

14. jeremyrain January 21, 2019 at 11:11 am #

Sigh….

When will celebrities understand that just because a “critically praised” designer does NOT mean they will wear the best clothes on red carpet???? Idk about you, but whenever I see a celebrity start wearing almost exclusive a label, then I almost certain that they will wear the most mediocre, last-minute dress from that label.

The very few ppl that I have actually seen being able to pull of the “exclusive brand” contracts are: Cate Blanchett (Armani), Lupita Nyong’o (Prada), Lea Seydoux (Prada), Charlize Theron (John Galliano’s Dior), Jessica Chastain (Ricardo Tisci’s Givenchy).

That’s it.

15. Laura January 21, 2019 at 11:06 am #

That hairstyle is a hot mess! I can’t even focus on anything else.

16. TeaAtTwo January 21, 2019 at 10:44 am #

The hairstyle seemed as if it was to echo the necklace design but it reads just a mess and that hair colour, I hope is just for acting role. The yellow hue is nice but the dress design looks as if it’s too big and just scrunched at the waist to fit.

• Chris January 21, 2019 at 12:02 pm #

The hair color is for “Zombieland 2” which they are shooting right now.

• TeaAtTwo January 21, 2019 at 3:09 pm #

Thanks for the info.

17. Claire January 21, 2019 at 10:40 am #

She looks sensational!! This dress is just perfect for her! Love everything about this look!

18. miszzel January 21, 2019 at 10:39 am #

I hate everything about this look, the fabric, the colour on her, the shape (no shape at all?) of that dress and the necklace with this ribbon – oh god how I miss Emma’s absolutely unique and incredible style from before her LV contract…

• meme January 21, 2019 at 4:37 pm #

• Caitlin January 21, 2019 at 10:08 pm #

+2 I’m going back through her archives on this site and feeling sad <3

19. High Priestess January 21, 2019 at 10:30 am #

The fabric is ugly, the shape of the dress makes her look older than she is and the hairstyle is bad.

20. Charlotte January 21, 2019 at 10:16 am #

I don’t like the fabric of the dress and if I don’t mind her hair color, I find the hairstyle pretty bad.
    The necklace is a good touch, but like you, I don’t like the black ribbon, makes it look cheap.