Menu

16.01.19

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Emporio Armani & H&M – Mayhew Visits

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Emporio Armani & H&M MAMA - Mayhew Visits

It was a case of double Duchesses, as Meghan, Duchess of Sussex also stepped out in London today (January 16).

If you were worried that Tuesday’s look was a lucky fluke, Meghan continued to take chic maternity dressing in her stride while paying a visit to the Mayhew animal welfare charity.

Her baby bump was even more prominent in her fitted H&M ‘Mama’ dress styled with a luxe Emporio Armani cashmere coat.

On this occasion she went full matchy with her Stella McCartney ‘Falabella’ bag and pointy suede pumps with Pippa Small jewels completing her look.

I love how elegant, yet comfortable this look is while still appealing to those who love royals in high-fashion with a bit of high-street.

Much like yesterday’s look, I would copy this from head-to-toe.

Are you feeling this monochromatic look, or was the light colour not practical considering she was visiting an animal shelter?

H&M ‘Mama’ Dress
Stella McCartney ‘Falabella’ Bag

Credit: Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Oscar de la Renta - Royal Opera House Visit

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Oscar de la Renta – Royal Opera House Visit

Karolina Kurkova's Saloni Michelle Halter Gown

Karolina Kurkova’s Saloni Michelle Halter Gown

40 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Emporio Armani & H&M – Mayhew Visits

1. Jay January 17, 2019 at 3:36 pm #

Love the Kim K inspo, and she looks incredible! Why so much hate in the comments?

2. Caroline January 17, 2019 at 2:48 pm #

Love this look on her!

3. SilentVisitor January 17, 2019 at 11:08 am #

I love it! so far, she has been 3 for 3 this year! her ODLR oversized coat is unfortunately sold out in my size; I would have loved to get my hands on it

It looks like she is on a roll…..

4. Anne-Marie January 17, 2019 at 10:22 am #

Wearing all-white, -cream (whatever) outfit and sky-high stilletos to an animal shelter is something I wouldn’t call event appropriate apparel. Not saying that it’s a bad outfit but she should’ve saved it for different occasion. Trousers and casual sweater would’ve been much better option this time.

5. Amy January 17, 2019 at 10:16 am #

She looks lovely and fresh. It’s not the most amazing look but it fits the occasion
    Honestly I didn’t think about the Kardashian because Kim would wear a calf-length skirt,it would 3 times smaller than her.
    This look has been around way before Reality TV so I don’t really see the comparison. It’s an easy look for many women

6. Nat123 January 17, 2019 at 2:31 am #

Is it just me or her dress is see through? I can see her bra in the first picture. Anyway, I think this dress is too short on her and the fitting is not flattering. However, I liked the color palette.

7. TeaAtTwo January 16, 2019 at 11:13 pm #

I kind of start to switch off see her in nude or navy but it’s a relatable but smart look.

8. Caitlin January 16, 2019 at 10:19 pm #

The Fallabella bag was a good choice, seeing as SM has been doing non-leather for years now.

9. brat January 16, 2019 at 9:09 pm #

I does remind me of the Kardashian girls. People ask why and it’s because the Kardashians inundate our celebrity news media cycles, we have no choice to see them because they are overexposed as hell. I have seen Kim K. wear something like this a million times, so yes I’m going to reference the Kardashians.

I do like it and I would wear it, minus those slingbacks. I find something very luxe about an all-white/cream ensemble. I wouldn’t dare wear it to an animal shelter though.

• Jas January 16, 2019 at 9:23 pm #

If someone sees an outfit like that and the first thought they have is the Kardashian’s then it probably says more about them and their frame of reference than it does about the outfit. I also think that if was a blonde in this outfit there would have been no Kardashian comments.

• brat January 16, 2019 at 10:16 pm #

Or it proves my point that they are overexposed. You obviously don’t have Instagram or follow ANY celeb sites or celeb fashion. If you had either, you would be exposed to them whether or not you follow them. Even RCFA features them, though thankfully in much smaller doses.
        You also sound about 10-20 years my senior, so stay in your lane. I said what I said.

• Jas January 16, 2019 at 10:30 pm #

Yes clearly I don’t follow any celeb fashion – she posted on a site called red carpet fashion awards lol. I pick and choose what I consume. You’d be surprised how easy they are to avoid if you want to. Also, I agree you sound very immature. For someone who’s pretty snarky you sure don’t respond well to someone disagreeing with you. Have a good nap sounds like you need one.

• brat January 16, 2019 at 10:58 pm #

Pretty snarky, says the person who brought her….snarky..comment to my post. Funny how hypocrisy works.
            I could expound on the many cultural differences in our media consumption due to our generational gap alone, but suffice it to say that everyone here is familiar with Kardashian style whether you love or loathe them.
            Lastly, I have great respect for the elderly, especially those that mind their business and carry on as their mature status dictates.

• Jas January 17, 2019 at 7:47 am #

The reply was not snarky or mean spirited but I find that people read comments the way they would choose to write them which in your case tends to lean towards rude so I can see why you would project that. They reply button is there for a reason if you don’t want reposnses maybe write please do not disagree with me in my posts beforehand so people know? I can see that the last word means a lot to you so have fun with your next attempt at a clever rebuttal where you continue to call people the same age as the person who created this board – old. It’s a good look.

• brat January 16, 2019 at 10:26 pm #

and yes MM is much closer to the Kardashians in looks and coloring than a “blonde” so thanks for further proving my point.

• justme January 17, 2019 at 12:15 pm #

@Jas You’re right. I’m in my twenties, into pop culture and fashion yet I didn’t think about the Kardashians when I saw Meghan’s look. Seeing that family as a reference is a personal choice, not the media’s fault.

• SiletnVisitor January 17, 2019 at 1:52 pm #

although I sometimes do agree with brat on some comments, I don’t know how you look at this and you think Kim West or any of her sisters; I also don’t follow celebrities unless I am on this blog so perhaps that’s why

The poster brat seems to have two identities and I do recall (yeah I know) the posts on this thread about Meghan’s body vs Ciara

I think the poster might have two identities on this website………I guess sometimes, it is best to ignore

10. CreoleLady January 16, 2019 at 9:07 pm #

I want those slingbacks.

11. Cris January 16, 2019 at 8:19 pm #

I like this all-nude outfit but I have a problem with the knitted dress – bare legs – shoes combo…it’s January…it feels really odd to see someone bare legged in this weather. It’s like wearing a coat mid summer.

• Anne-Marie January 17, 2019 at 10:18 am #

Couldn’t agree more! Well said!

12. Eva January 16, 2019 at 7:57 pm #

The coat is beautiful, but I wish she had a different color dress on. As is, I can’t unsee the Kardashian-esque vibe of this. The gold chain purse also feels quite dated.
    I do hope with time she feels comfortable enough to go for more casual or sporty pieces when the occasion is right – I loved her casual style in her previous life.

13. Camilla January 16, 2019 at 7:52 pm #

Ugh this is awful. KILL ME. This isn’t matchy-matchy this is sucky-sucky. It’s like she or the person styling her have thought selecting each outfit component in the exact same tone makes this stylish. Just… no.

14. Ames January 16, 2019 at 6:41 pm #

Please lets not give the Kardashians credit for this style which has been around forever and is classic. Instead of comparing it to Kim K why not compare it to say Kim Novak who was wearing things like this in the 50’s.

• meme January 16, 2019 at 7:05 pm #

Kim Novak never had children so I don’t get the comparison.

• Ames January 16, 2019 at 7:16 pm #

So you’re saying its Kardashian’s style because they wore the same clothes…while pregnant?

• meme January 16, 2019 at 8:26 pm #

No, I’m saying it’s Kardashian-ish because Kim always wore skin tight dresses when she was pregnant. Of course, Kim would have had the coat halfway off, as is her “style”

• Paola January 16, 2019 at 7:31 pm #

+1 Doesn’t get more classic than a knit dress with a jacket over it.

• Eni January 16, 2019 at 7:52 pm #

• justme January 16, 2019 at 8:02 pm #

• Jas January 16, 2019 at 8:41 pm #

15. meme January 16, 2019 at 6:38 pm #

I’m all for mixing high end items with lesser quality ones but mixing Armani with H&M is just wrong. It’s too Kardashian’s for me.

16. Laura January 16, 2019 at 6:21 pm #

Creams look great on her. It’s modern and chic and she looks quite comfortable holding that dog so not sure what’s impractical about it.

17. Hannah January 16, 2019 at 6:19 pm #

She looks great. It’s surprisingly amazing matchy matchy outfit.
    But does she have bare legs? Isn’t it cold/winter in UK?

• Laura January 16, 2019 at 6:25 pm #

She lived almost 10 years in Toronto so British weather isn’t cold in comparison.

18. olga January 16, 2019 at 6:11 pm #

I think she looks great in light colours, but other than that I really don’t like this look, it feels very Kardashian-y to me and that’s definitely not my cup of tea.
    The shoes feels out of place in this weather and I know the bag used to be trendy, but now it just seems quite dated to me.

• Eva January 16, 2019 at 6:25 pm #

• Jess January 16, 2019 at 7:52 pm #

There’s a difference between classic and dated and this is dated. The coat is great but the dress honestly looks a bit worn out.

Separately, there is also such a thing as dressing appropriate to the occasion. Wearing a dress made of material that renders it sheer (her bra is showing) for a work event is inappropriate. I would comment on the impracticality of wearing all-cream for an animal event but given she is unlikely to ever re-wear this dress again, I’ll pass.

19. Karola January 16, 2019 at 6:09 pm #

I think the colour really suits her. As for the practical side, it’s an H&M dress. I’m sure it washes well…

20. justme January 16, 2019 at 6:06 pm #

Monochromatic perfection from the ankles up. I’m on board with matching shoes but I don’t like those slingbacks.

I love it when pregnant ladies wear form fitting clothes so I’m glad that she switched her pregnancy style.

21. Biqa January 16, 2019 at 6:02 pm #