Menu

Michelle Obama In Sally LaPointe – Michelle Obama Launches Arena Book Tour

Michelle Obama In Sally LaPointe - Michelle Obama Launches Arena Book

Michelle Obama launched her ‘Becoming’ arena book tour in Chicago, Illinois on Tuesday (November 13).

During an interview with Oprah Winfrey, the former first lady sparkled in Sally LaPointe Fall 2018.

Many might not have pegged this runway look as something she would be drawn to, especially with the sheerness of the top, but the modified version feels in her wheelhouse which its effortlessly chic off-the-shoulder neckline, tailoring and pop of colour.

The custom Stuart Weitzman flamingo silk satin ‘Tippi’ pumps provided a spirited finish.

Sally LaPointe Stretch Wool-Blend High-Rise Pants

Michelle Obama In Sally LaPointe - Michelle Obama Launches Arena Book

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Anna Paquin In Christian Siriano - 'Flack' UKTV Premiere

Anna Paquin In Christian Siriano – ‘Flack’ UKTV Premiere

Tessa Thompson In Christopher John Rodgers - Jimmy Kimmel Live

Tessa Thompson In Christopher John Rodgers – Jimmy Kimmel Live

13 Responses to Michelle Obama In Sally LaPointe – Michelle Obama Launches Arena Book Tour

1. Maz November 15, 2018 at 9:23 pm #

Love!

2. Giada November 15, 2018 at 2:57 pm #

Is there any specific reason why my comment wasn’t published? I’m not allowed to say this outfit isn’t flattering or…?

• Catherine Kallon November 15, 2018 at 3:52 pm #

Hi Giada, we don’t sensor readers like that. I am not sure what happened. Of course you are free to say you don’t like an outfit.

I checked spam, it’s not in there either. Perhaps you didn’t press sumbit…I can’t think why else why it wouldn’t send

• Giada November 16, 2018 at 9:01 am #

Hi Catherine,

I’m sorry. I jumped to conclusions. My apologies.

X

Giada

3. Amy November 15, 2018 at 1:31 pm #

She looks great

4. bisbee November 15, 2018 at 12:53 pm #

I love her in white! Of course the top is lined. And, how many would look wonderful seated in an outfit like that? Only someone who was model-thin. Perhaps that could have been taken into consideration when choosing that outfit, but I’m more interested in what she would say rather than how she looks seated. I think most who went to see her would agree!

5. Giada November 15, 2018 at 11:59 am #

InStyle Magazine posted a very unflattering pic of her in this outfit on their instagram page. I like this outfit in theory, and she always looks wonderful in white, but this was the wrong outfit for her body type.

• Catherine Kallon December 11, 2018 at 7:42 am #

That’s unfortunate.

The problem with these events is that she’s always seated. So you don’t get a true reflection of the outfit.

6. TeaAtTwo November 15, 2018 at 10:13 am #

Ooh, thankfully there’s a standing up shot where she’s looks good because that seated shot was unflattering. I like her styling with pumps. I read the London talk booking was a fiasco with more than 50000 people trying to get tickets for a small 2900 seat venue.

7. justme November 14, 2018 at 7:46 pm #

From the two pics, the outfit does look unflattering. I love the modified top though.

• JHH November 14, 2018 at 10:15 pm #

+1. The seated picture is really unflattering, but the idea of the outfit is good.

8. meme November 14, 2018 at 7:34 pm #

I don’t think this is very flattering on Michelle and I don’t like the way she’s wearing the top. I sure hope hers is lined also.

9. AnderBoBo November 14, 2018 at 7:33 pm #

Chic, tasteful and sophisticated! Oh how I’ve missed her!