Menu

Tilda Swinton In Schiaparelli Haute Couture – ‘Suspiria’ LA Premiere

Tilda Swinton In Schiaparelli Haute Couture - ‘Suspiria’ LA Premiere

Tilda Swinton joined Mia Goth, Dakota Johnson, and Chloe Grace Moretz on the red carpet for the LA premiere of ‘Suspiria’ on Wednesday (October 24).

The actress wore a Schiaparelli Fall 2018 Haute Couture black fitted jacket with bejewelled ‘hand’ buttons styled with hot pink silk taffeta trousers.

As you know I worship everything that is Tilda Swinton, but even I had a bit of a hard time with these trousers.

Had she worn the runway look, I would’ve loved this.

Part of my love for Tilda is that she likes to take risks, but on this occasion my issue with the trousers isn’t the colour, more the shape, as they instantly reminded of the trousers Janelle Monae wore in her ‘Pynk’ video.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Sylvia Hoeks In Christopher Kane & Saint Laurent - ‘The Girl In The Spider’s Web’ Rome Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

Sylvia Hoeks In Christopher Kane & Saint Laurent – ‘The Girl In The Spider’s Web’ Rome Film Festival Photocall & Premiere

2018 InStyle Awards

2018 InStyle Awards

16 Responses to Tilda Swinton In Schiaparelli Haute Couture – ‘Suspiria’ LA Premiere

1. Maya S. October 30, 2018 at 7:47 pm #

This is her worst outfit to date! Jeez Louis, what happened?

2. Vizual Ninja October 27, 2018 at 3:34 am #

WHAT ARE THOOOSE?! Love Tilda, but the pants are comical

3. Jas October 26, 2018 at 4:19 am #

This is terrible and I wish she’d worn the runway pants as well, but she is still owning the look.

4. Jerusa Herrera October 26, 2018 at 4:00 am #

Okay, well, let’s just forget this happened and move on.

Tilda I can’t wait to see your next look.

5. Ksenia October 25, 2018 at 11:55 pm #

I look at the pants as a ball skirt. And when I see them going for a skirt vibe, I don’t mind the pants and the cheekiness of the matching -and pointy at that- shoes makes me smile. I don’t mind the pants.

I would prefer people in boring Murads to be WDOTY than someone in something deliberately tailored having a good time. She’s not going for shock value or attention like a lot of former WDOTY contenders.

I’m a Tilda Turtle, so I’m biased. Her style is so refreshing and I don’t know what she’s going to wear even though I totally have her style down, that’s what makes her so great. Cate Blanchett or Nicole Kidman, I’m like, ‘That’s a Cate, that’s a Nic’.

For example, when I saw the Margiela Spring 2018 Couture show, I thought, ‘Cate’s gonna wear the amazeballs metallic fan or the metallic jacquard gown’.

I was hoping Tilda would wear the fuchsia silk gown from that collection with the plastic strips. I always get my Tilda-Schiaparelli pick wrong, even though my pick is always SO Tilda! See, that’s why her style is great!

• Andrea October 26, 2018 at 7:25 pm #

The ones that know how to have fun and take risks with fashion are the best, even if not always work out.

6. Phee October 25, 2018 at 11:38 pm #

Terrible. just awful. So unflattering to her body.

7. Hannah October 25, 2018 at 9:02 pm #

As much as I love Tilda’s style – this is a huge NO! The buttons are bit creepy and the trousers… She looks like she’s sitting on a barrel all the time.

8. Lyka October 25, 2018 at 8:29 pm #

Lol, the “Pynk” ref is spot on.

9. Karola October 25, 2018 at 7:51 pm #

I never thought I´d say this about Tilda Swinton, but it makes her look short.

• Les October 26, 2018 at 1:48 am #

Exactly. She’s 5 ft 11″ and the pants make her look stumpy.

10. meme October 25, 2018 at 7:50 pm #

What in fresh hell is this? Those pants make her look super bowlegged and the hand buttons are creepy. Definitely a WDOTY.

• Caroline October 26, 2018 at 1:18 am #

11. High Priestess October 25, 2018 at 7:42 pm #

What the hell is she doing with her legs? Don’t know if it’s due to the trousers’ shape, the fabric or the position she’s in, it’s just WEIRD.

12. JHH October 25, 2018 at 7:37 pm #

I am sorry but this look is awful. Those pants — SMH.

13. TeaAtTwo October 25, 2018 at 7:07 pm #

Just no. Considering it for WDOTY.