Menu

05.06.18

Models @ 2018 CFDA Fashion Awards

In our final sweep of the 2018 CFDA Fashion Awards red carpet, we focus on some of the models in attendance.

Martha Hunt: As far as unique looks goes, Martha’s Thom Browne Fall 2018 caged bustier dress was on par with Lupita Nyongo’s. In terms of creativity and styling, this was one of my favourites of the night. Atelier Swarovski earrings completed her look.

Gigi Hadid: Looking like a work of art in Versace Fall 2018, the model stunned in a colourful graphic brushstroke print top and leggings giving off a catsuit-like effect. I know many of you aren’t fans of Gigi’s style, but I”m sure you’ll love that she opted for something a lot less predictable on this occasion.

Kendall Jenner: Speaking of predictable, there was something about this feathered Alexandre Vauthier Fall 2017 Couture look that felt very déjà vu; like she’s worn something similar before.

Sara Sampaio: While this J. Mendel nude gown is stunning, I was feeling a bit of a Cannes hangover from this look. With so many more intriguing designs on this red carpet, this felt very much out of place.

Olivia Culpo: Many of you find Olivia’s style too contrived, so you’ll be delighted she kept things uber simple in this Rebecca Minkoff summery yellow boho frock.

Winnie Harlow: Tommy Hilfiger blue was how Winnie made her striking red carpet appearance.

Ashley Graham: Even with the red lip, this nude Vera Wang Collection look still needed something more to prevent it feeling too one note. Stunning design though.

Naomi Campbell: The British model swished and swayed her way down the red carpet in a vibrant red Calvin Klein Spring 2018 design with matching footwear. I’m really starting to love her red carpet choices of late. With her new stylist she’s being a lot more adventurous.

Alessandra Ambrosio: We seen bathrobes hit the red carpet courtesy of Rita Ora and Taraji P. Henson, but none were as bedazzled as Alessandra’s red sequin Tommy Hilfiger number.

Kaia Gerber: When it comes to this Alexander Wang Fall 2018 look, the top feels like a prison’s uniform and the bottom sleepwear.

Karlie Kloss: In Jason Wu, Karlie Kloss was always onto a winner.

Irina Shayk: Between the lack of makeup and this animal print Diane Von Furstenberg Fall 2018 dress, I barely recognised Irina. Usually it’s a slit to the hip bone fitted gown. Is motherhood softening her style? I would say not likely.

Joan Smalls: There’s something about Joan’s Brandon Maxwell look which made me think about her fellow Latin beauty Jennifer Lopez. Probably because I can see JLo wearing this same look with the same half-up, half-down hairstyle and signature sexy face.

Chanel Iman: Just like Claire Danes, Chanel isn’t ready to compromise by opting for tent-style maternity dresses just yet. Here she looks sexier than ever in Nicole Miller.

Emily Ratajkowski: Each time I place Emily in the predictable box, she springs out in a unexpected look. This time she was oozing a sweet, yet sensual femininity in Brock Collection.

Lily Aldridge: Also in Brock Collection, the model proves that the essence of this brand is as popular as ever.

Credit: Getty

2018 CFDA Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup

2018 CFDA Fashion Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The CFDA Fashion Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The CFDA Fashion Awards?

16 Responses to Models @ 2018 CFDA Fashion Awards

1. The original AB June 7, 2018 at 10:50 am #

Love Gigi, Ashley, Naomi and Karlie. Kendall and Kaia for me are WDOTY candidates.

2. Susie June 6, 2018 at 5:40 pm #

+1 she was by far my favorite as well

3. Caroline June 6, 2018 at 1:40 pm #

I like Kendall, Sara, Ashley, Karlie and Emily.

4. Joseph June 6, 2018 at 11:49 am #

Kendal wore a lavender feathered jacket in one of the episodes of Keeping up last season.

5. charlotte June 6, 2018 at 7:40 am #

Looks like Gigi has been hitting the gym very regularly, she has a killer body now.

6. Phee June 6, 2018 at 3:47 am #

I think Marthas outfit is extremely unflattering. Makes her body look out of proportion. Very ugly dress.
    I surprisingly love Gigis outfit. its fun and intriguing.
    I love Olivias yellow summer dress but she really needed to wear it to a summer party event, not this.
    Joan def is channelling JLo here. Its easy to see!
    I do not like Irinas, Kaias, or Ashleys outfits at all. The rest are meh.

• Phee June 6, 2018 at 4:08 am #

I really liked Lais Riberios dress. It was so pretty and elegant. Probably one of my faves. But she was skipped here. Not that that matters, I just thought I’d mention Lais.

• kike June 6, 2018 at 6:54 am #

I dislike gigi hadid style anytime

7. pinksugar June 6, 2018 at 2:56 am #

Naomi and Sara are my favorites here. Kendall’s smugness and need to constantly think she’s gonna be the hottest thing at every event makes her so utterly unappealing, not to mention quite boring.

8. TeaAtTwo June 6, 2018 at 2:56 am #

Love Naomi’s look, as you said she’s going through an interesting period of style. Gigi looks fun here and not many could wear that as well, I don’t always like her style but I do like that she’s a bit more adventurous and not always sticking to sheer/thigh high/skintight like Winnie, Kendall, Ashley etc or beaded/ princess like Alessandra, izabel or Chanel etc. That said, I much preferred Bella, Kendall, Imaan and Doutzen met gala looks to her’s this year out of the models. Martha’s selling her look too.

9. Vizual Ninja June 6, 2018 at 1:39 am #

No look that I love, but the best two to me are Naomie and Karlie, even though I wish she hadn’t worn black sandals. Gigi is actually selling her look to me. Martha’s dress looks like a sad crafts project, I don’t like. Joan isn’t bad but feels repetitive.

10. Original meme June 6, 2018 at 12:28 am #

Naomi and Joan Smalls look fabulous. Ashley Graham is squeezed into an ace bandage, Kendall looks like an ostrich and Kaia just looks ridiculous. Karlie and lily always look classy and elegant. The rest are fug, especially the first one and Gigi.

11. Chris June 5, 2018 at 10:55 pm #

Love Naomi’s unique CK look! I agree her style choices have been more refreshing

12. Rachel W. June 5, 2018 at 10:40 pm #

One of the best “model roundups” I’ve seen on this site!

13. NZ June 5, 2018 at 10:17 pm #

Queen Naomi is my favorite. I also love Gigi a lot. I would’ve loved if she had done something more interesting with her hair to match the look but still, she looks amazing.
    Joan is my 3rd best.
    I hate everyone else.

14. Real Nat39 June 5, 2018 at 10:15 pm #

Martha Hunt, probably my fave of the entire event. The look is daring, and normally I’d probably say already a bit much/overly sexy with that bust line and detached skirt, but I love how the shape gives it a forward edge and her styling pulls the look together impeccably.