Menu

February 19, 2018 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – ‘Red Sparrow’ London Premiere

Jennifer Lawrence was back on the red carpet following the BAFTAs, for the London premiere of ‘Red Sparrow’ at Vue West End this evening (February 19).

I was enchanted by her previous Dior Spring 2018 Couture look, but this one blew me away.

Her organza Couture ball gown embroidered with pale gold sequins might just be my favourite look from Jennifer since her ‘The Hunger Games’ LA premiere Prabal Gurung gown.

I adore the mix of colours, the vibrancy and the carefree boho feel amped up by the curls. She very much looked like she was in her element here.

Rose gold Sara Weinstock Isadora hexagon drop earrings completed her look.

Are you equally excited by this look?

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Alba Rohrwacher In Valentino, Prada & Valentino Couture - Berlinale International Film Festival

Alba Rohrwacher In Valentino, Prada & Valentino Couture – Berlinale International Film Festival

Who Wore Zuhair Murad Couture Better? Fan Bingbing or Heidi Klum?

Who Wore Zuhair Murad Couture Better? Fan Bingbing or Heidi Klum?

48 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – ‘Red Sparrow’ London Premiere

1. Jasmine February 21, 2018 at 1:02 am #

GORGEOUS! I love everything about this look, especially that she went natural with the hair. It feels like her personality is shining through.

2. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang February 20, 2018 at 7:48 pm #

When I see Jennifer Lawrence in this Christian Dior plunging rose gold gown, I was beyond blown away by how amazing she looks in it. The wild curly mane injects youthfulness to the whole presentation, which is giving me hair goals right now. That pose screams, “Hey boys, look at me. I’m a god damn movie star and I’m gonna SLAY your lives as always. Bow down in front of me as I regain my red carpet reign!!” Long live Jennifer Lawrence, long live Katniss Everdeen!! Queen J.Law SLAYS my life and may the fashion force be with her as usual!! Head to toe perfection, well done Jennifer Lawrence!! We’re not worthy indeed!!

3. LaLa February 20, 2018 at 6:49 pm #

The hair and makeup really amps up the look!

4. Pheephee February 20, 2018 at 3:16 pm #

I love her hair. I love the dress, esp the color in the skirt. I agree with others that the bodice is ill-fitting, But overall, this is a win for her.

5. Pedro February 20, 2018 at 1:53 pm #

Fantastic dress but hate the hair

6. Chris February 20, 2018 at 1:09 pm #

She looks so comfortable and seems to be loving it. So good to see her continuing to be on a roll. I like the colors and sparkle of the look and it feels very her.
    Not completely sure what I think of the hair…
    I’m not ready to call this ‘her best look since…’ – there’s still her iconic Oscars look, the CK from the Vanity Fair Party and the Atelier Versace from last year, but it’s definitely a really great look from her that has me excited for more.

7. Louise February 20, 2018 at 1:01 pm #

I had JLaw’s BAFTAs dress down as one of my picks for what she’d wear at the Oscars, and I had this down as one of my picks for Charlize. Both out now!

Oscar’s red carpet for Dior spokespeople will be interesting.

8. Caroline February 20, 2018 at 11:29 am #

Absolutely stunning in every single way or form.

9. Amy February 20, 2018 at 10:59 am #

love it. she looks beautiful

10. Iva February 20, 2018 at 9:43 am #

I thought this was Juno Temple?!
    It’s an ok look, I guess.

11. VG February 20, 2018 at 9:36 am #

The dress is gorgeous but I hate the hair and makeup (or lack thereof). A little glam in the beauty department would’ve been nice. On a side note however, it seems to suit her personal style and she looks comfortable because of it. I’d rather that than yet another difficult Dior dress that is completely wrong on her.

12. VersusAndy February 20, 2018 at 9:22 am #

Not really overwhelmed, Yes, it’s nice. But that’s it.
    I ‘m just in love with her Dior dress from the Baftas. It’s so classy.
    For me the Versace is still the best fashion moment from her.

• VersusAndy February 20, 2018 at 9:23 am #

*Versace dress

• Susie February 20, 2018 at 11:32 am #

+1 I much prefer her BAFTA look to this.

13. Charlotte February 20, 2018 at 8:11 am #

This is her first Dior look, I think, that I find in tune with her age and her personnality.
    I like this look a lot, it’s perfect on her.

• elle February 20, 2018 at 7:35 pm #

14. annna February 20, 2018 at 8:08 am #

Nope. The hair is awful.

15. Evita February 20, 2018 at 7:33 am #

It’s a great dress and it’s actually pretty flattering on Jen considering it doesn’t offer a whole lot of support in the bust area and there are those tricky little ties in the waist. The hair is something different but it’s kind of 80s curls vibes with more of a beachy, bohemian approach if I’m making any sense right now. It’s giving Kate Hudson Almost Famous era vibes and it’s a mixed signals look for me, I don’t understand how these elements were paired together to make this look.

16. Ramsay February 20, 2018 at 6:08 am #

I prefer this on the runway

17. Oscar February 20, 2018 at 6:04 am #

Modern day Carrie Bradshaw. J’adore!

18. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang February 20, 2018 at 5:59 am #

Jennifer Lawrence has been SLAYING us recently, and this might just be the best look she ever worn on the red carpet!! I mean that wild curly mane reflects her bubbly personality and injects some youthfulness to the whole presentation. That pose is giving me that kind of “Hey boys, look at me!! I’m a fuckin’ movie star and I’m gonna SLAY in my A-game no doubt” vibe, and I’m not complaining considering she looks damn PERFECT!! I can’t believe I’m saying this, but long live Jennifer Lawrence, long live Queen Katniss Everdeen!!

19. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang February 20, 2018 at 5:59 am #

20. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang February 20, 2018 at 5:58 am #

Jennifer Lawrence has been SLAYING us recently, and this might just be the best look she ever worn on the red carpet!! I mean that wild curly mane reflects her bubbly personality and injects youthfulness to the whole presentation. That pose is giving me that kind of “Hey boys, look at me!! I’m a fuckin’ movie star and I’m gonna SLAY in my A-game no doubt” vibe, and I’m not complaining considering she looks damn PERFECT!! I can’t believe I’m saying this, but long live Jennifer Lawrence, long live Queen Katniss Everdeen!!

21. Fee February 20, 2018 at 5:53 am #

The hair is way too contrived and ruins this.

22. Leandra February 20, 2018 at 4:56 am #

I don’t think it’s a dress for a blond person and I immensely dislike the hair beach style for a formal occasion. It’s a NO this time.

23. Boy February 20, 2018 at 4:21 am #

She looks totally stunning, I’m blown away. She reminds me a bit of Juno Temple here with that hair.

• AnnieOh February 20, 2018 at 5:53 am #

i came to write the exact same thing!

24. anonymous as always February 20, 2018 at 2:40 am #

There is something in the waist area that keeps me from loving it. I think the belt should have been higher like it was on the model. The lower belt doesn’t flatter her bust at all, which is a pitty cause otherwise it was a good look.

• Maria F. February 20, 2018 at 3:04 am #

• Lashae February 20, 2018 at 4:33 am #

25. Maya February 20, 2018 at 2:05 am #

So…I guess I’m in the minority. I kind of hate it.

26. Fiona-Brasil February 20, 2018 at 1:14 am #

Perfection!H2t gorgeous!

27. QueenBee February 20, 2018 at 1:12 am #

Wow, a Dior that suits her ~vibe~ to a tee. I love this. What a pretty gown. Love it when Dior does right by her.

28. Nat39 February 20, 2018 at 12:44 am #

Love the hair, love the attitude, stunning gown with the subtle color transitions, the droopy bust presentation (and the wide and low stomach gap under it) is a no-no though.

• JHH February 20, 2018 at 12:53 am #

+1 for everything you said , except I don’t love the hair.

• Maria F. February 20, 2018 at 3:04 am #

+2 (I also love her hair)

• EmmaWoodhouse February 20, 2018 at 4:47 am #

+3 I think overall it suits her vibe so well

• Alina February 20, 2018 at 6:07 am #

29. Maria February 20, 2018 at 12:25 am #

I love Maria Grazia work, it’s pure art for me. The worst jennifer looks by Dior were in Raf Simons era.

30. lmkw February 20, 2018 at 12:23 am #

Oh my. Gorgeous. Agree that the bust is a little off but it seems like such a small thing given the overall look. This takes my breathe away.

31. Mimi February 20, 2018 at 12:17 am #

This is dazzling!

32. Tamia February 20, 2018 at 12:13 am #

Stunning, Finally Dior CAN actually work for Jennifer. Her second best look ever only to her Versace Atelier of last year.

33. TeaAtTwo February 20, 2018 at 12:08 am #

Even though I’m not the biggest fan of MGC at Dior overall the selection of outfits so far for Jennifer has suited her well. Not just in Dior, her style in general with other designers since the blog has comeback has suited her age and personality.

34. Meme February 20, 2018 at 12:07 am #

She looks great but the bust is better fitted on the model. Love the dress.

35. SilentVisitor February 19, 2018 at 11:44 pm #

Love love her hair and the dress. This is such a youthful look

I hate what this dress is doing to her bust; This is Dior’s fault; The model doesn’t seem to suffer from the same issue and she is not flat chested

Anyway, this is a winner

• Eni February 19, 2018 at 11:50 pm #

• quimby February 20, 2018 at 12:04 am #

36. AnderBoBo February 19, 2018 at 11:33 pm #

Wow. This is the Jennifer I’ve been waiting for!!