Menu

February 15, 2018 Screening

‘Black Panther’ New York Promo Tour Menswear Roundup

As the ‘Black Panther’ promo tour jets along in New York City, two of the movie’s most stylish men have continued to make waves, joining Danai Gurira and Lupita Nyong’o.

Chadwick Boseman: At the Marvel Studios Presents: Black Panther Welcome To Wakanda on Monday (February 12) during New York Fashion Week, Chadwick showed another side to his style personality in this Fear Of God Fall 2017 outfit styled with Public School x Nike sneakers and David Yurman jewelry. The consummate style crush can even pull off this cool-kid, urban attitude with such polished flair.

Michael B. Jordan: Joining Chadwick there, Michael showed off his style prowess, too, in this Prada ensemble paired with Christian Louboutin ‘Roadie’ boots. At first, I found myself questioning the shades of tan, khaki, and burnt orange. But, somehow the different color pieces formed their own compelling mosaic that totally made sense.

Chadwick Boseman: At the film’s screening on Tuesday (February 13), Chadwick again stole my gaze in this Musika Frere suit accessorised by Christian Louboutin boots and David Yurman jewelry. I love how he continually brings in such a smart, relevant punch to his looks—here, with the electricity of the royal-blue, patterned jacket that is at once statement-making and sophisticated.

Michael B. Jordan: Also at the screening, Michael wore another Prada ensemble with this monochromatic moment that still had plenty of attitude with the petite lapels and chain detail. Christian Louboutin ‘Greggo’ shoes rounded out the look.

Credit: Getty

Front Row @ Ralph Lauren Fall 2018

Front Row @ Ralph Lauren Fall 2018

Front Row @ Tory Burch Fall 2018

Front Row @ Tory Burch Fall 2018

15 Responses to ‘Black Panther’ New York Promo Tour Menswear Roundup

1. charleneg February 21, 2018 at 12:01 am #

The first three outfits are nice. The fourth basic.

2. VG February 16, 2018 at 2:24 pm #

Ahhh Michael and Chadwick…both so gorgeous and both with incredible style! I love all 4 looks here, they are really killing it.

3. Alina February 16, 2018 at 8:37 am #

Chadwick’s second look and Michael B.’s first. They’re both on fire!

• anonymous as always February 16, 2018 at 12:45 pm #

• Giada February 16, 2018 at 1:17 pm #

4. Lashae February 16, 2018 at 6:58 am #

The first set of pics: I love Michael’s coat, it gorgeous. I hate Chadwick whole look, that style just doesn’t fit him

The second set: I like both but prefer Chadwick looks since I like his jacket the most

5. Pheephee February 16, 2018 at 12:58 am #

I despise Chadwicks first look. It seems so off and sloppy.

Michaels first look here is wonderful. LOVE the color combos. It feels fresh. BDOTW potential.

Chadwicks second look is okay. Love the blue. But the fit seems way off.

Lastly, Michaels all black look is okay. Standard fare.

6. Fanny February 15, 2018 at 9:18 pm #

I see Chadwick as an early contender for ‘best promo tour of the year’. Love his first look here!

7. Nat39 February 15, 2018 at 9:16 pm #

I’ll go with Michael in Prada coat here, I do like how the colors come together, quite a refreshing look (just needed to fix his pants a little bit). His other look though is whatever and disappears in the sea of all the monochromatic looks he’s done on this tour.
    Not buying that sporty/urban look on Chadwick, it looks a bit too laboured and contrived on him and doesn’t seem to suit him in the very best way, not feeling that “homeless chic” blanket-y coat thrown over either. His other blue blazer look is nice, but the fit of the jacket could’ve been better and overall the look doesn’t live up to the level of the 2 looks we saw on him last week – the statement jacket against the anonymous black outfit formula is a basic “default”.

8. JHH February 15, 2018 at 9:14 pm #

These guys are looking good. My only gripe is with Chadwick’s sneakers which just seem too bright white to me. I think that blue blazer is fantastic. That look is probably by BDOTW for men this week. If this movie is as good as the fashion, it will be amazing.

9. EmmaWoodhouse February 15, 2018 at 9:02 pm #

In the first round I actually prefer Michael’s super charming look to Chadwick’s more relaxed ensemble, but Chadwick comes back around with that stunning blue blazer.

• Nat39 February 15, 2018 at 9:32 pm #

I’d also choose Michael in the coat here – it’s nothing super great but quite a refreshing look with some chic fashionable feel. Chadwick’s sporty outfit looks so “calculated” and almost as if “imposed” on him by some rapper stylist specifically for the NYFW.

10. Jess February 15, 2018 at 9:00 pm #

Le sigh, both so handsome. Love the electric blue blazer, and funny how they appear to be mirroring facial expressions!

11. Hannah February 15, 2018 at 8:59 pm #

I have to say I fell in love in Chadwick’s style.

12. mm February 15, 2018 at 8:54 pm #

These men have such great style.