Menu

Rachel McAdams In Valentino – ‘Spotlight’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Rachel McAdams In Valentino - 'Spotlight' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Rachel McAdams attended the ‘Spotlight’ premiere during the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival at the Princess of Wales Theatre on Monday (September 14) in Toronto, Canada.

While I was one of the few who liked Rachel Weisz’ Valentino Resort 2016 gown, McAdams’ gown doesn’t intrigue me in the same way despite the similar embroidery.

What it comes down to, is that I’m so tired of sheer gowns with revealing underwear. And for that I can’t find any joy in this look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Kate Winslet In Badgley Mischka - 'The Dressmaker' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Kate Winslet In Badgley Mischka – ‘The Dressmaker’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Emily Blunt In Erdem & Ulyana Sergeenko Couture - 'The Late Show with Stephen Colbert' & 'Sicario' New York Premiere

Emily Blunt In Erdem & Ulyana Sergeenko Couture – ‘The Late Show with Stephen Colbert’ & ‘Sicario’ New York Premiere

14 Responses to Rachel McAdams In Valentino – ‘Spotlight’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. Sunny September 16, 2015 at 17:55 #

I actually like some sheer gowns but I don’t think this dress should be sheer

2. chyc September 16, 2015 at 05:16 #

I love Rachel McAdams but this gets a no from me, from the sheerness trend fatigue, the granny panties, the hairstyle and the black hair roots.

3. Caroline September 16, 2015 at 01:16 #

I don’t like the dress itself sooo

4. kane September 15, 2015 at 22:01 #

More wrongs than rights with this one. I like the idea of this dress, but it doesn’t work in real life. I have a feeling you’d always have to be naked at the top and the skirt would always feel heavy in comparison. Her bad styling (that hair! the random lip) make it even worse though.

5. CAE September 15, 2015 at 20:26 #

Rachel’s current stylists also dress J. Lo, Ciara, Gwen Stefani and Cara Delevigne. Rachel is so different from those women. She’s had a few great looks this year, including the red pantsuit at the ESPYs and the Self Portrait dress to the Southpaw premiere, but I would love to see how a different stylist would dress her.

6. tuftufwang September 15, 2015 at 18:25 #

Beautiful gown. But the panties…why? Why do people feel compelled to display their undies? It cheapens the look! Undies are meant to be “under” clothes – hence the term “underwear”.

7. Evita September 15, 2015 at 18:24 #

I will not whine about this because she was cast in Doctor Strange,now with Marvel’s prestige maybe she’ll be able to get a new stylist cause this one just isn’t working,I except more from her

8. Christine September 15, 2015 at 18:24 #

Yawn and so ugh.

9. Rebecca Z September 15, 2015 at 18:20 #

Just no. Bad move in a good run.

10. Phoenix September 15, 2015 at 18:15 #

It just looks silly. just no. lined maybe? idk. silly is the best word to use when I look at this pic.

11. Chris September 15, 2015 at 18:07 #

Yeah, I don’t need to see her underwear. Rachel kinda makes it work for her and at least it doesn’t look as tacky as it would have on someone else, but I still don’t like that gown.

12. Rachel September 15, 2015 at 18:01 #

Sorry, It’s not that I am tired of sheer gowns, it’s just that I have never liked them.

13. Alina September 15, 2015 at 18:00 #

I wish she had lined the dress. With a better updo and a dark lip colour, this could have worked.

14. Yeliz September 15, 2015 at 18:00 #

Another sheer gown with very visible underwear, how inventive…