Menu

September 14, 2015 Best Dressed Of The Week

Best Dressed Of The Week - Kangana Ranaut In Ralph & Russo Couture, Alicia Vikander In Louis Vuitton & Chiwetel Ejiofor In Burberry Tailoring

Kangana Ranaut was the clear favourite last week, as she swept the competition away with her Ralph & Russo Couture fit-for-a-queen gown.

I, on the other hand, was blown away by the elegance of Alicia Vikander in Louis Vuitton.

What was costumey to some, was utterly charming to me.

You may be surprised by this considering a. Elizabeth Banks was on the poll and b. my strong feelings towards Louis Vuitton; but in Alicia Vikander is perhaps the one ambassador for the brand who doesn’t bore me.

Chiwetel Ejiofor held off David Gandy and Jake Gyllenhaal to take home the menswear prize in Burberry Tailoring.

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Elisa Sednaoui In Fendi -  'Lao Pao Er' Venice Film Festival Premiere & Closing Ceremony

Elisa Sednaoui In Fendi – ‘Lao Pao Er’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Closing Ceremony

13 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Kangana Ranaut In Ralph & Russo Couture, Alicia Vikander In Louis Vuitton & Chiwetel Ejiofor In Burberry Tailoring

1. Milla B. September 14, 2015 at 6:46 pm #

I definitely would not use the word elegance to describe Alicia’s dress, but to each his own.

Such strong week, with so many good looks. I was missing this 🙂

2. Marcel September 14, 2015 at 2:33 pm #

On one hand a wedding cake , on the other a Dirndl ( i think it is its name … not sure )

I am completely bewildered with these results.

Hopefully you are all happy ? Because I am not…

3. Sameena September 14, 2015 at 2:14 pm #

I am so happy for Kangana, this is her first BDOTW .

4. Fiona-Brasil September 14, 2015 at 12:29 pm #

With Alicia as LV ambassador, instead of liking LV I started to dislike Alicia who used to be my girl crush.I find her too ordinary now.

• Iva September 15, 2015 at 6:53 am #

5. Chris September 14, 2015 at 12:21 pm #

So happy about Alicia as your Critics’ Choice – I’m still amazed by how well she pulled that tricky gown off! Definitely a memorable look – which you either love or hate, and I love it. She’s such a great ambassador for LV. Especially compared to the other ambassadors, who don’t do a good job at keeping their looks interesting (especially Jennifer Connelly). The other ambassadors made me hate LV and thanks to Alicia I regularly am intrigued to see their designs on a red carpet again.

6. Christine September 14, 2015 at 12:14 pm #

To each their own

7. kane September 14, 2015 at 12:14 pm #

Colour me surprised, hehe. Well done, Catherine!

8. Lashae September 14, 2015 at 12:06 pm #

I really agree with you Catherine. I love that LV dress so much. Usually I really don’t like LV unless its leather goods but I really love this on Alicia.

9. TeaAtTwo September 14, 2015 at 11:55 am #

Haha the beauty of fashion- what one person loves another hates. This LV gown is a WDOTY contender for me.

• james September 14, 2015 at 12:01 pm #

Me too! It’s just hideous no matter who wears it. I personally think she is too vanilla for fashion forward outfits, she should go for a more classic style. She just pulls off the kind of style she is going for in all her outfits.

• james September 14, 2015 at 12:02 pm #

sorry eant to say she doesn’t pull off :-p

• Iva September 14, 2015 at 6:03 pm #

ITA
      I was surprised to even see in the poll.