Menu

July 10, 2015 Runway To Red Carpet

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

mens

Spanning the globe from London, Toronto and Rome, here is a roundup of some of the menswear look hitting the red carpet this week.

Chiwetel Ejiofor: I never watch TV during the day while working, accept during the Wimbledon Championships. I was left in swooning by how handsome Chiwetel Ejiofor looked while taking his seat for the Novak Djokovic v Richard Gasquet semi final match this afternoon. It’s not often we see the Chiwetel in a colour other than black, so this dark brown and blue combo courtesy of Ralph Lauren was a very special treat; possessing all the smoothness and finesse we expect from the British actor.

James Marsden: The actor, who has had some very special red carpet moments in Valentino, attended the Valentino ‘Mirabilia Romae’ Haute Couture show in Rome, Italy yesterday evening. Valentino’s sartorial standards continue to shine in this midnight blue suit decked with vertical pinstripes presenting a crisp, collected appearance.

mens 2

Mika: The musician showcased at lot more flair donning an embroidered Valentino suit made all the more unique with one part in colour and one part tonal.

Jake Gyllenhaal: The actor joined Rachel McAdams for the ‘Southpaw’ Toronto premiere wearing a classic Salvatore Ferramago double breasted suit.

Credit: Getty

Comic-Con 2015 Red Carpet Roundup

Comic-Con 2015 Red Carpet Roundup

Frugal Friday

Frugal Friday

16 Responses to Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

1. M Mastin July 13, 2015 at 11:08 am #

Mika is absolutely gorgeous. He’s such a good looking, stylish man, with awesome vocal talent and beautiful song-writing skills, especially on his latest album, No Place In Heaven
    I wish the UK would appreciate him more.

2. Jai July 10, 2015 at 7:49 pm #

Wow, that top guy on the left looks hot! What a fine look on a fine looking man 😉

3. Yeliz July 10, 2015 at 7:00 pm #

Chiwetel looks very dapper and I also like James’ look.

4. bfly July 10, 2015 at 6:29 pm #

But truthfully, could Bex look bad?

5. Ariya July 10, 2015 at 6:27 pm #

Chiwetel looks sauve and cool.
    I somehow like the contrast of blue, white and brown in James’ look. He is always swoon worthy no matter what he wears.
    Mika looks unique and interesting but not a fan of that butterfly embroideries on his pants.
    Don’t care enough for Jake.

6. Milla B. July 10, 2015 at 6:11 pm #

Absolutely love Chiwetel Ejiofor look.
    Wimbledon is one of the best red carpet event for men, IMO. I still remember this two looks, and this was last year (!).

PS: I just realize that all the looks are Ralph Lauren. Kudos for the brand.

7. Alex V July 10, 2015 at 6:00 pm #

James Marsden’s face brightened my day

8. Amy July 10, 2015 at 6:00 pm #

this is a very cool lineup
    Chiwetel looks very chic.
    James always delivers and this outfit is no exception
    I like Mika’s suit, it’s playful and well tailored. perfect for him

9. Christine July 10, 2015 at 5:41 pm #

Chiwetel and James are both BDMOTW worthy!

10. justme July 10, 2015 at 5:14 pm #

Chiwetel looks cool and smooth from what I can see.

James is a vision from the ankles up. Those shoes are an eyesore.

I think I could like Mika’s suit on someone else. It looks predictably comical on him.

11. Nat39 July 10, 2015 at 5:07 pm #

I wanted to say James Marsden until I got to the shoes – the light tan shoes stick out like a sore thumb with the darker suit. Mika’s interesting floral suit stands out but can’t say I’m a fan. Jake is a bit too standard but polished and well put-together. Wish there was a better pic of Chiwetel.

• Nat39 July 10, 2015 at 6:56 pm #

,,,and I’m slightly confused – dark brown(??) Looks like a very plain light grey suit on Chiwetel, not sure why so much excitement.

12. kane July 10, 2015 at 5:05 pm #

‘Swoooon’ for Chiwetel,
    ‘Not a fan of the shades of brown ‘for James and
    ‘LOL!’ for Mika (when you don’t focus in on the birds it looks like a cake has hit him… I kinda… like it… though… I think)

13. Chris July 10, 2015 at 5:03 pm #

woah, I indeed think Mika’s look is really unique and cool! BDMOTW!

• bfly July 10, 2015 at 6:25 pm #

So much this!

14. Evita July 10, 2015 at 4:57 pm #

James Marsden looks so perfect h2t!!!