Menu

July 7, 2015

Christian Dior Fall 2015 Couture Front Row

Dior 1
The Christian Dior Fall 2015 Couture front row was filled with Dior-dressed darlings, who watched the magical procession of confections make their way down a purple-hued runway on Monday (July 6) during Paris Fashion Week in Paris, France.

Emily Blunt
: Cutting a pristinely sophisticated profile, the actress struck a lovely balance between old Hollywood glamour and modern elegance in her sleek Christian Dior mock peplum dress styled with side-parted retro waves and Dior Fine Jewelry. Her navy clutch and houndstooth pumps were a glorious addition to her all-white look.

Lupita Nyong’o
: Unfortunately, the only element I liked about Lupita’s outing was the radiant red colour of her Dior dress. The frock itself translated as rather ill-fitting and far too twee for the actress, and the black Dior pumps, funky sunglasses, and Dior earrings did nothing to warm me to this look.

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
: Changing her look by a full 180 degrees from her frow appearance at the Atelier Versace Fall 2015 show, the supermodel wore a plaid Dior jacket and shorts paired with Dior sandals and funky Dior shades. While the ensemble was likewise rather youthful, she carried it off with a sweet sense of chic panache so that the ‘too twee’ label need not apply.

dior 2

Grimes: The singer is nothing if not a chameleon, and here she changed her colours—or sequins, as the case may be—in a shiny Chrisitan Dior Couture short jumpsuit. It was a fun look, styled with a Dior cross-body bag and quirky Dior sunglasses. But she lost me with the black tights and Dior booties, as they were a dark afterglow on the bright surroundings.

Leelee Sobieski
: I liked the girly charm of this white Dior flared dress casually styled with Dior sunglasses atop her haphazardly pulled-back locks. I could have overlooked the hair, but she completely lost me with the heavy Dior boots, which were no doubt added for a tough edge but really just proved a distraction.

Olivia Palermo: In what I would call a big improvement from her look the day before at the amfAR dinner, Olivia was back to her best in a Dior sleeveless embroidered jacket, which really was the statement piece of the look—along with those Dior retro-cool, oversized sunglasses. The rest of her accessories, including Dior gray pumps, a matching clutch, and a bronze cuff seamlessly integrated into the ensemble.

Credit: Courtesy of Dior

Jena Malone In Miu Miu - 50th Karlovy Vary International Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Jena Malone In Miu Miu – 50th Karlovy Vary International Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Emilia Clarke In Christian Dior - 'Terminator Genisys' Tokyo Premiere

Emilia Clarke In Christian Dior – ‘Terminator Genisys’ Tokyo Premiere

47 Responses to Christian Dior Fall 2015 Couture Front Row

1. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Olivia’s pumps are actually Francesco Russo. FC are you going to make a post about her outfit at the Schiaparelli show? She wore a Dior resort dress with jimmy choo flats 🙂

2. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Rosie looks the best, followed by Olivia for me.

3. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Love Olivia’s look! Her sunglasses are to die for.

4. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Absolutely love Rosie’s look.

5. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

As always, Emily looks amazing and she’s my favourite!

6. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

7. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Love Olivia, Rosie and Emily

8. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

I never thought I would say this,but Lupita is the worst of the bunch and I also don’t like Leelee’s look either…Rosie,Emily,Olivia and Chiara Ferragni were my best dressed from the show.

9. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

+ 1

10. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Emily Blunt is my favorite, she looks really elegant and those shoes are the cherry on the cake.
    I also like Rosie, she looks lovely.

11. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Rosie is easily my favourite. Lovely from h2t.

Olivia looks nice as well.

Emily’s pretty accessories aren’t enough to elevate that dull dress. What is that sad, limp attempt at a peplum detail?

12. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Just FYI Lupita is wearing a simple black headband to pull her hair back; many ladies with natural hair (myself) do this. She isn’t doing anything outlandish with her hair, it’s a very practical, simple hair do. Nothing “weird” or “unforgivable” about that.
    Her hair is afro-textured and will therefore extend upwards as opposed to flow downwards and along with the fact that Lupita, like many black women, has a beautifully prominent forehead – this will make the hairline more noticeable.

13. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Really really good points, Amanda and what you say is very true- I actually thought it was very rude to pick on someone’s hairline of all things. Many black women won’t leave their hair natural in public because they get nasty reactions when they do (like Zendaya). I love that Lupita keeps her hair natural. I’d add that this is a fashion website so while her look is relevant her hairline really isn’t. I thought Lupita’s hair (and hairline) looked fine. She looks her usual slender self in the most recent Lancome event photos so I strongly suspect this is an unflattering dress and an unflattering photo.

tl;dr! Onto the clothes! No one really stands out although Emily manages to look elegant as always. Leelee should BURN those shoes. I honestly despair of what’s happened to the House of Dior- I’m starting to cringe when I hear someone is dressed in Dior because I dread the what new disappointment a previously stylish celebrity will be wearing.

14. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

WOW,at least this is the only event where everyone seemed to dress season-appropriate.
    Emily looked beyond chic and sophisticated and I would put that entire ensemble on myself in a heartbeat.
    Olivia was back to her usual self and rocked this cute jacket,however,my inner magpie keeps telling me she over-accessorized this look.
    Lupita’s hair is unforgivable and total overkill.I couldn’t take anything seriously with that weird hairline.
    BTW,I’m just gonna make the bold move and ask:DID SHE GAIN SOME WEIGHT RECENTLY?Coz she did NOT look like this at Cannes.

15. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Absolutely love Emily, Rosie and Olivia’s looks!

16. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Rosie and Olivia are my favorites! They look good

17. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

I think I kinda like the whole bunch…
    Emily is probably my favorite, she’s the epitome of chic. The dress is good and the styling is great!!
    Yes, Lupita’s look is a bit twee and I don’t like the shoes, but I somehow still like it.
    Rosie looks soo good, my second favorite.
    I think Grimes looks pretty cool.
    Leelee’s shoes indeed are distraction.
    Olivia looks great!

18. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

I see nothing ‘twee’ about Lupita’s look (that word is so overused) but I don’t care for the black accessories. Emily and Olivia look the best for me.

19. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Also meant to add that I like Lupita’s dress and her hair; I think she looks lovely. The only thing I didn’t like were the sunglasses and I would of loved if she wore some strappy, better heels. She has cute legs and can up her shoe game easily.

20. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

I enjoy Rosies look the most, so casual and chic. Just lovely.
    Emilys is okay although Im slightly bored.
    Olivia looks lovely with her summery vibe.

21. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

I love ALL of these looks but Emily and Lupita are my favs. Gorgeous, elegant so chic and classy.

22. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Emily and Olivia ftw! I like Rosie’s look except for the pockets (?) hanging from her shorts. Lupita’s ‘do is a no go.

23. Guest April 15, 2019 at 8:36 pm #

Emily and Olivia!

24. Bailey July 9, 2015 at 9:54 pm #

As always, Emily looks amazing and she’s my favourite!

25. Nadine July 8, 2015 at 2:04 am #

Absolutely love Rosie’s look.

26. Claire July 7, 2015 at 10:25 pm #

Love Olivia’s look! Her sunglasses are to die for.

27. Nicky July 7, 2015 at 9:33 pm #

Rosie looks the best, followed by Olivia for me.

28. jen July 7, 2015 at 7:47 pm #

29. Caroline July 7, 2015 at 5:23 pm #

30. Phoenix July 7, 2015 at 2:59 pm #

I enjoy Rosies look the most, so casual and chic. Just lovely.
    Emilys is okay although Im slightly bored.
    Olivia looks lovely with her summery vibe.

31. Amanda July 7, 2015 at 2:35 pm #

32. pinksugar July 7, 2015 at 11:58 am #

33. Chris July 7, 2015 at 11:33 am #

I think I kinda like the whole bunch…
    Rosie looks soo good, my second favorite.
    I think Grimes looks pretty cool.
    Leelee’s shoes indeed are distraction.
    Olivia looks great!

34. Christine July 7, 2015 at 11:24 am #

Rosie and Olivia are my favorites! They look good

35. Yeliz July 7, 2015 at 10:59 am #

Absolutely love Emily, Rosie and Olivia’s looks!

36. charlotte July 7, 2015 at 10:14 am #

• Amanda July 7, 2015 at 2:32 pm #

• Delphi July 8, 2015 at 1:15 pm #

37. justme July 7, 2015 at 10:10 am #

Rosie is easily my favourite. Lovely from h2t.

Olivia looks nice as well.

38. Noemi July 7, 2015 at 8:59 am #

I also like Rosie, she looks lovely.

• Fiona-Brasil July 7, 2015 at 12:20 pm #