Menu

July 7, 2015

amfAR Paris Red Carpet Roundup

amfar paris

There were many more celebs who joined Rosie Huntington-Whiteley on the red carpet for the amfAR dinner, hosted at the Pavilion LeDoyen during Paris Fashion Week Haute Couture on Sunday (July 5) in Paris, France.

Karlie Kloss: The model went from runway to red carpet without skipping a beat, wearing the same finale look from the Atelier Versace Fall 2015 collection which she presented. A smoothless transition if I ever saw one.

Olivia Palermo: When it came to Olivia’s marigold Dior look, the word smooth was nowhere in the equation. The words crumpled, creased, needed-a-steam spring to mind. Creases aside, this is such a harsh colour for Olivia and not a flattering style.

amfar paris 2

Holland Roden: The young actress brought a very summery vibe to the red carpet wearing a colourful Mary Katrantzou strapless dress styled with Casadei heels. I love the vibrancy the look, but wish those luscious locks were pulled back.

Dita von Teese: Everything about this Ulyana Sergeenko Couture look is classic Dita; elegant, refined and oozing with lady-like charm. The only thing not typical here is the colour of the dress.

amfar paris 3

Naomi Campbell: The supermodels look was typicall sexy wearing an Atelier Versace draped chiffon gown with plunging neckline.

Irina Shayk: The unofficial Atelier Versace ambassador does it again, showcasing her slender frame in a sultry black gown from the Italian brand.

Joan Smalls: Like Karlie, Joan also went straight from runway to the red carpet.

amfar paris 4

Doutzen Kroes: While some might deem this Atelier Versace Fall 2015 look sexy, but the excessive boobage is throwing me off.

Natasha Poly: The model would’ve caused a road-block entering the venue wearing this Atelier Versace Spring 2015 beaded gown. This was my favourite look from the event.

Credit: Getty

Michelle Obama In Michael Kors - Fourth of July at the White House

Michelle Obama In Michael Kors – Fourth of July at the White House

Jena Malone In Miu Miu - 50th Karlovy Vary International Film Festival Opening Ceremony

Jena Malone In Miu Miu – 50th Karlovy Vary International Film Festival Opening Ceremony

28 Responses to amfAR Paris Red Carpet Roundup

1. TinaL July 10, 2015 at 6:59 pm #

Natasha- BDOTW

2. bfly July 9, 2015 at 1:35 am #

Dota is BDOTW for me here. Natasha also looks good, but Dita is slaying.

• bfly July 9, 2015 at 1:35 am #

*Dita

3. gabis July 8, 2015 at 1:47 am #

Hard to believe these looks got so much love. The only one that looks agreeable is Natasha Poly.

4. Claire July 7, 2015 at 10:29 pm #

Karlie is straight slaying. I think the transition from runway to red carpet was absolutely perfect.

Natasha is a close second for me.

5. Karen July 7, 2015 at 5:38 pm #

Sharing the mutual love for Natasha’s look. She always picks the best Versace piece.

• amy July 7, 2015 at 6:12 pm #

+1. she looks dreamy

6. eminere July 7, 2015 at 2:41 pm #

“A smoothless transition if I ever saw one.”

Smoothless?? What does that even mean???

• effieee July 7, 2015 at 5:28 pm #

I think that Catherine was initially going to write smooth, but then decided to go with seamless without deleting what she’d already typed.

7. Alex v July 7, 2015 at 12:17 pm #

I find it disgusting the fact that none of the models who walked for Versace (correct me if I’m wrong) changed their outfits or the headpieces, even the hair from the runway. I would’ve loved to see these dresses on a big red carpet like Cannes or Venice film festival

• eminere July 7, 2015 at 2:42 pm #

Disgusting? I find people who spit in public disgusting but okay.

• Noemi July 9, 2015 at 11:02 am #

I would say that “disgusting” is a bit exaggerated but I found it a bad idea. So many dresses from a couture collection already worn… what a waste.

8. pinksugar July 7, 2015 at 12:10 pm #

I wish Karlie didn’t have the headpiece on because I love the dress. Natasha and Dita also look great.

9. Jenny July 7, 2015 at 10:05 am #

Natasha’s dress is amazing!
    Holland was apparently at the wrong event and absolutely agreed that olivia look unflattering in the color with unlimited creases

10. kane July 7, 2015 at 8:38 am #

Holland’s hair and pout look awful! As for everybody maybe Naomi and Natasha excluded, I always feel so embarrassed when models and so-called ‘fashionistas’ make such fools out of themselves fashion-wise, uh. Dita is the only one looking actually put-together.

11. Noemi July 7, 2015 at 8:29 am #

Holland Roden and Dita Von Teese are my favorite one, Dita looks perfect.
    When it comes to Olivia Palermo, I love her street style while I think that she overaccessorizes red carpets outfits. The long necklace does nothing to the dress, that needed a lot of steam, also because of the belt.

12. Ariya July 7, 2015 at 7:37 am #

Karlie, Joan, Doutzen and also Rosie look extremely tacky and tragic. I am worried about how that collection will translat on the rc. It was more Coachella Queen than couture.
    Irina however doesn’t look as tacky as she usually does in versace.
    Olivia’s red carpet style has never been as amazing as her street and frow style but this is just sooo bad sooo many levels.
    Holland dear you are in Paris, at least put in some efforts.

Dita and Natasha look gorgeous, classy and elegant.

13. charlotte July 7, 2015 at 3:48 am #

Olivia’s dress shocked me.THE only thing you need to notice about a satin dress is if there were any creases,and Olivia of all people should have known better.I couldn’t believe she would make such a rookie mistake.and the color as FC has pointed out was really HARSH on her.And the Chanel pearl necklace…UGH..so dated.
    Karlie kloss’s look is quite fairy-like from the front,BUT there is a twist, if you get a side view,half her ass is exposed in the air and she was NOT wearing any underwear. REALLY KK?this is the amfAR dinner for god’s sake.
    Dita and Natasha’s looks are the most stylish and polished,when you put Doutzen and Natasha on side-to-side comparison,you could immediately notice the tackiness of the boobage on the left dress and the supreme elegance and sophistication of the right one.AND you just don’t wanna believe they were from the same brand.

• eminere July 7, 2015 at 2:44 pm #

I was shocked by Olivia too. Usually she does no wrong especially when wearing Dior but this is a colossal misstep.

14. Athena July 7, 2015 at 2:42 am #

Natasha is BDOTW so far for me! I also like Karlie, it’s costume-y but she looks like a fairy. Everyone else is forgettable.

15. Phoenix July 7, 2015 at 2:24 am #

Natasha looks the best by far. Nice fit and nicely styled.
    Most of the others look like they are wearing messy costumes.

• Fiona-Brasil July 7, 2015 at 10:52 am #

+ 1

16. Carol July 7, 2015 at 12:51 am #

Karlie, Joan and Doutzen all look so unfortunate. Irina looks sexy and Natasha just looks gorgeous and elegant. Naomi looks BORING and repetitive and Holland looks like she attended the Teen Choice Awards. Classic Dita looks on point and honestly though, no comment about Olivia, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?

17. Caroline July 7, 2015 at 12:48 am #

Natasha is my fav. Love the gown and she looks beautiful.

18. Bec July 7, 2015 at 12:40 am #

Natasha for BDOTW for sure – beautiful!

19. Yeliz July 7, 2015 at 12:30 am #

Dita, Karlie and Natasha are my favourites of the bunch. Love Holland’s look too, but it’s not enough for this event.

20. Christine July 7, 2015 at 12:22 am #

LOVE Dita’s look. Holland looks so cute, but she looks kinda out of place.

• Evita July 7, 2015 at 8:40 am #

+1 Also out of the Versaces,I only like Natasha’s dress. The rest look like a mess