Menu

January 14, 2015 Runway To Red Carpet, Screening

Kristen Stewart In Torn by Ronny Kobo & Roksanda - AOL's BUILD Speaker Series & 'Still Alice' New York Premiere

Kristen Stewart spent Tuesday (January 13) promoting her new movie, ‘Still Alice’, starting with AOL’s BUILD Speaker Series held at AOL Studios and ending with a screening at the Landmark’s Sunshine Cinema in New York.

AOL’s BUILD Speaker Series: Her first look was a striped Torn by Ronny Kobo top and skirt featuring navy, black, yellow and white stripes, which give this minimal look some standout flair. Styled with simple black pumps and a padlock pendant neckline, the look sadly suffers from greasy hair syndrome.

‘Still Alice’ New York Screening: Kristen’s hair was much improved by the evening. Coiffed into a sweeping chic style, the actress was glowing in a Roksanda Spring 2015 ‘Ellsworth’ sleeveless black silk dress spliced with cobalt blue and black piping, which was styled with a Wolford merino skirt instead of the runway pants and accented with a coral belt giving an electrifying touch to this dark look. Black strappy Barbara Bui sandals and heavy kohl-rimmed eyes completed this look I deem BDOTW worthy. Do you?

Kristen Stewart In Torn by Ronny Kobo & Roksanda2

You can buy Kristen’s Torn by Ronny Kobo Emma Crop Top and
Torn by Ronny Kobo Ronny Skirt from Shopbop.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nina Dobrev In Zuhair Murad - ELLE's Annual Women in Television Celebration

Nina Dobrev In Zuhair Murad – ELLE’s Annual Women in Television Celebration

Stana Katic In Naeem Khan - ELLE’s Annual Women in Television Celebration

Stana Katic In Naeem Khan – ELLE’s Annual Women in Television Celebration

26 Responses to Kristen Stewart In Torn by Ronny Kobo & Roksanda – AOL’s BUILD Speaker Series & ‘Still Alice’ New York Screening

1. Elle January 16, 2015 at 4:50 pm #

I think these are the most awful looks I’ve seen from her as of late. How can you like the thich raccoon eyes clashing with such a busy sheer dress? Plus her hair is in an odd bob-bouffant that isn’t working and adds to the busyness. So bad and she looks best with minimal accessories and styling. She looks miles better in the first look and it isn’t even that memorable.

2. Philly January 15, 2015 at 8:32 pm #

I am not usually a fan of her style buy I have to say that second look is stunning. her hair looks clean and actually well styled for a change and the makeup gives the look an edge. BDOTW worthy.

3. Noemi January 15, 2015 at 11:22 am #

Second look with the hair (which I don’t find greasy) and the shoes of the first one would have perfect. The hairstyle of the second look is awful, it ages her so much and I dislike the sandals.

4. Christine January 15, 2015 at 10:47 am #

I like both looks especially the second!

5. Lashae January 15, 2015 at 4:51 am #

The first look is okay. I’ve seen her wear that look before so its really no different now. I really dislike the second look. She just not comfortable in that look. Also, her make-up and hair aren’t doing her favors in the second look also.

6. Nicky January 15, 2015 at 2:07 am #

I’m very impressed with the second look. She took a basic black dress and really spiced it up. The hair is also great. Potential BDOTW candidate. As for the first look, it’s pretty horrible.

7. Stel January 14, 2015 at 7:47 pm #

I think she’s not comfortable at all.. The first look is very bad.. The second is great but she tries to smile, she tries to look that she has a good time..

8. Lana January 14, 2015 at 6:26 pm #

I guess we should consider a small victory that she didn’t take a pair of scissors and made either of these into minis *flashbacks to her ruining an Erdem*

However, she’s too short to pull of this length.

Her hair in the first look is gross, her make up in the second one is tragic.

9. Alina January 14, 2015 at 5:40 pm #

She looks great, but not BDOTW worthy.

10. kane January 14, 2015 at 5:24 pm #

I like the first dress (or top and skirt) and am impressed how she comfortable she poses with the second look. Hair 1 is horrid, as is make up 2. I wouldn’t call either a very successful look though.

11. Mel January 14, 2015 at 4:58 pm #

Nothing new here. It’s like she’s been wearing the same dress and the same awkwardness for years… I think it’s time to evolve and try something different

12. Nat39 January 14, 2015 at 4:35 pm #

Both are not very good. The way she presented the 1st one is too mumsy for her, perhaps she should’ve followed the look book – the cropped top and edgy shoe would’ve worked out much better for her. The 2nd is bad – the eyes are dreadful, the hairstyle doesn’t suit her, the tattoo sticks out like a sore thumb, and the sheer look is tired – the whole thing comes across too contrived.

• Nat39 January 14, 2015 at 4:35 pm #

….she looks awkward.

13. Anj January 14, 2015 at 3:57 pm #

Is it possible that she ever just stand straight? The second look is better but the belt veers this outfit into Hot Topic territory.

14. pinksugar January 14, 2015 at 3:32 pm #

The screening dress is like another bad version of the awful Erdem sheer mess she wore a few years ago. The pink belt has me scratching my head. I do love the hair/makeup. The striped outfit is ok, hate the hair/makeup at that event. Bottom line here is unless Kristen’s stylist is sent Chanel she has no idea what to do and therefore dresses her very lowgrade in my opinion. Would love to see her move on to someone bigger and better.

15. Vicky January 14, 2015 at 2:51 pm #

The screening look is definitely BDOTW worthy!
    Although the makeup is a bit of dramatic, it’s perfect for this dress. The coral belt makes the look so much more interesting.
    What I love more is this outfit isn’t styled with her typical black pumps. She looke really gorgeous.

16. lilly January 14, 2015 at 2:46 pm #

Boring. Barf… and Ew.

the hair is an atrocity and second look she looks like a Lego doll. the raccoon eye doesn’t help., but the worst is the posture. It destroys the looks.

painful to see such beautiful dresses destroyed by her lack of elegance.

17. m January 14, 2015 at 2:42 pm #

i totally love what shes serving up here… her 2nd look is awe dropping.. wow… bdotw for me!

18. Chris January 14, 2015 at 2:34 pm #

holy…. that second look is STUNNING! I generally am someone who quite liked her style and outfits lately, but she hasn’t looked THAT good in a long time. The dress is great for her and I love the hair, wow! And the make-up is great as well. Awesome. Definitely BDOTW-worthy.

19. Maria January 14, 2015 at 2:30 pm #

The Roksanda look is her best in quite some time! Maybe it helps that she doesn’t look completely miserable there too.

20. Yeliz January 14, 2015 at 2:21 pm #

Wow, these are two great looks from her. The first one is simple and nice, event appropriate. Would’ve also done a bit more with the hair but doesn’t bother me that much. The second look is gorgeous. I won’t complain about the sheerness because it doesn’t look like that trend will be over soon and it also works here. Her new hairstyle really suits her IMO. I also think that this look is BDOTW-worthy.

21. Kate January 14, 2015 at 2:20 pm #

She looks fantastic, actually. The reason for that is simple: she ditched the horrid Chanel outfits (if only for a while) that always ruin her looks and red carpet appearances. No money they are paying her to endorse this brand is worth this ‘sacrifice’. I also saw her interview (1st picture) and her hair really didn’t look as bad as in this pic.

22. Rika January 14, 2015 at 2:10 pm #

I hate her hair and make up on the movie screening yuuck

23. Bailey January 14, 2015 at 2:00 pm #

Both outfits are nice, but that hair and makeup for the movie screening is horrid!

24. Mick January 14, 2015 at 1:34 pm #

Love both! The coral belt in the second look is a great addition

25. H January 14, 2015 at 1:28 pm #