Menu

14.10.14

Chanel Dinner Celebrating ‘N°5 THE FILM’ By Baz Luhrmann

Chanel Dinner Celebrating 'No5 THE FILM' By Baz Luhrmann

Chanel hosted a dinner party yesterday evening (October 13) in New York City to celebrate N°5 THE FILM by Baz Luhrmann, with plenty of usual suspects hitting the red carpet.

Lily Allen: Always on hand to show support for any Chanel project, the British singer wore a Chanel Resort 2015 boucle multi-coloured dress, which was presented as a coat, bringing a mod touch to her look with platform Chelsea boots.

Poppy Delevingne: The socialite looked beautiful and graceful wearing a colourful chiffon Resort 2015 look comprising three tiers, which she effortlessly styled with a blue Chanel clutch. She was by far my favourite at this event.

Gisele Bündchen: The Brazilian model, who appears in the film, selected a look from Chanel’s Fall 2014 Couture collection. Complementing the shimmering silver embellished look with silver accessories including a gorgeous pair of Jimmy Choo ‘Minati’ pumps with an asymmetrical strap, I can’t help but feel that no matter what she wears, she always looks the same. This is usually a good thing, but not on this occasion. She’s just doesn’t strike me as a Chanel girl. Her over the top posing at this event proved that.

Chanel Dinner Celebrating 'No5 THE FILM' By Baz Luhrmann 2

Lily Aldridge: The model graced the red carpet serving up elegance and refinement wearing a chic Chanel cream step-hem dress, keeping the styling minimal with black sandals when I would’ve preferred a more matchy-matchy option on this occasion.

Crystal Renn: The model wore a glamorous Chanel black velvet gown styled with a Chanel clutch. Too bad the sheer bodice is so tight that it is flattening her twins.

Leigh Lezark: Always on hand to bring a pop of colour to proceedings, the DJ wore a Resort 2015 jumpsuit.

Credit: Getty

Reese Witherspoon's Saint Laurent 'Classic Paris' Pumps

Reese Witherspoon’s Saint Laurent ‘Classic Paris’ Pumps

Get The Look: Emmy Rossum's 'Gala in the Garden' Sleek Parisian Ponytail

Get The Look: Emmy Rossum’s ‘Gala in the Garden’ Sleek Parisian Ponytail

48 Responses to Chanel Dinner Celebrating ‘N°5 THE FILM’ By Baz Luhrmann

1. Sand October 18, 2014 at 00:01 #

I find Gisele to be manly looking and neither elegant nor chic to be a Chanel woman. The N5 short film proves she is not the right fit for the brand and the movie was super boring. Lagerfeld has a knack to choose the wrong girls for Chanel, because of their popularity, Kristen Stewart, Jennifer Lawrence, Cara Delevigne ( who is too short and look ridiculous in Chanel next to the other real models) The best here is Lily Aldrige, she reminds me of the graceful and elegant Audrey Hepburn.

2. Laana October 15, 2014 at 22:50 #

Just watched the Chanel film and Gisele IS a Chanel woman. She nailed it in every way and represents the modern, Chanel woman. I’m constantly amazed by her chameleon like ability. Did you see her Balenciaga campaign?!

3. Nicky October 15, 2014 at 03:07 #

Not feeling any of these looks.

4. Bailey October 14, 2014 at 22:16 #

Compared to the others, Gisele’s posing is overkill but theres no denying she looks great in that Chanel dress

5. Renata October 14, 2014 at 20:03 #

Uh no, you’re wrong. Gisele IS a Chanel girl (which is why she was picked; deal with it) and she looks fantastic here, as usual. Slaying every other model in the business for 12 years now and counting. At this point you should know better than to underestimate her.

6. katie October 14, 2014 at 20:02 #

I think Lily looks out of this world even if she is posing!!Loving her outfit as always perfection personified

7. TeaAtTwo October 14, 2014 at 19:48 #

There nothing that I like about Lily’s look from head to toe. Leigh’s jumpsuit is rather ugly too, I rarely like her choices. Lily look’s the quintessential Chanel girl but nude sandals would have been nicer. I like Poppy’s look overall but don’t like the Chanel insignia on the dress .

8. TeaAtTwo October 14, 2014 at 19:32 #

Here Gisele looks too fake tanned and doing way too much theatrical posing to be a Chanel woman -Lily could have shown her how to pose when in Chanel- but in the make-up ads I totally buy her as modern Chanel woman. Plus she’s a better choice than Alice Dellal and Kristen Stewart. I like the outfit choice.

9. alvaro_spain October 14, 2014 at 18:58 #

Gisele and Poppy are my favourites.

10. Anj October 14, 2014 at 18:35 #

Crystal Renn’s dress looks like it’s on backwards- or rather her head has been twisted. It’s so completely off.

11. Tati M October 14, 2014 at 16:45 #

I absolutely agree, Gisele always look the same and she isn’t a Chanel girl

12. Peony October 14, 2014 at 15:40 #

That photo of Crystal is going to give me nightmares. What is going on there?!

Poppy looks pretty and I like her bohemian vibe. Lily Allen looks like a mess. The other Lily looks elegant but the dress and overall look is terribly aging.

Love Gisele’s confidence, but she wears Chanel like it’s Balmain.

13. Rebecca Z October 14, 2014 at 15:36 #

Have to say Gisele is the best here for me. The dress is gorgeous and perfectly styled. The silly poses aside, she looks spectacular.

14. Pedro October 14, 2014 at 15:34 #

Where were you all last week ?
    We all know that the new perfume campaign will be based on a effortlessly lifestyle, Gisele is going to be a surfer in the film of the campaign.

And she will be the star of the new ready to wear campaign as well. Stay pressed! lol

Gisele looks fantastic, Chanel finally looks sexy and healthy. Poppy looks beautiful as well

15. Nat39 October 14, 2014 at 15:32 #

Noone really, even Poppy looks kinda matronly and swamped by the print. I’d say Lily from the ankles up, the black sandals do not go.

16. Yeliz October 14, 2014 at 15:18 #

I only like Poppy’s look.

17. jb October 14, 2014 at 15:00 #

FC, I am confused you do not think Gisele is a Chanel girl but you think Blake Lively has style? To me they are one in the same

• Catherine Kallon October 14, 2014 at 15:46 #

What does Blake Lively have to do with my opinion that Gisele is not a Chanel girl?

I don’t get it.

• jb October 15, 2014 at 00:44 #

as I said FC they are one in the same and I have read many a post from you applauding Blake’s style and what is a Chanel girl anyway? I think they have Gisele as the new spokeswoman because she fills that quota that Blake Lively fills as well thin, w/o personality or style, white and blonde. just my opinion. just wanted to start a dialogue but if that’s not ok with you. that’s fine too

18. amy October 14, 2014 at 14:53 #

Gisele, just like Blake Lively isn’t really a Chanel girl and even less an adequate n°5 face. I didn’t mind her in the makeup ads but here it’s not working. her outfit is cute though.

• Eva October 14, 2014 at 15:05 #

Because they’re not “classy” for Chanel? Stop the machism.

19. H October 14, 2014 at 13:59 #

I think they all look good.

FC, for some reason I can picture you wearing that Leigh is wearing (and so much better).

20. jenny October 14, 2014 at 13:53 #

The only one on point is Lily Aldridge.

Lily allen looks the same all the time, hot mess.

I like poppy’s look but the dress does nothing to flatter. it just looks horrifyingly colorful, I think it does not photographs well but the clutch is wrong

Giselse and her pair of legs looking flawless as always but the dress does not scream chanel, could be versace.

Crystal Renn looks like she’s wearing stephane rolland with the stars more than chanel http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2014/10/08/megan-montaner-stephane-rolland-couture-dioses-y-perros-madrid-premiere/

21. Larissa October 14, 2014 at 13:52 #

Lily and Poppy nailed it, the others…not so much. I don’t see Gisele as a Chanel girl either, just like I didn’t feel Blake Lively as the face of the brand.

22. scarlett October 14, 2014 at 13:35 #

I’ll take Gisele working with and wearing Chanel over Kristen Stewart any day of the week. Her in Chanel just turns my stomach. Of those here I actually like Lily A’s and Poppy’s the best. I don’t like what Leigh Lezark is wearing but her whole styles been off for a long while.
    The full No5 film is out tomorrow I think so I’ll reserve judgement on whether Gisele is a ‘Chanel girl’ until I’ve seen the whole thing.

23. gabis October 14, 2014 at 13:13 #

Poppy is my favorite. Absolutely love her hair and makeup. Like Lily Aldridge’s look from the ankles up. Don’t care for the rest and for the first time I don’t like what Gisele is wearing.

• K October 14, 2014 at 14:24 #

Poppy is always so overrated – she has no actual job or business to be at all these events and she always looks so very bland. The girl has no distinctive style and no looks to speak of.

• Noemi October 14, 2014 at 14:54 #

I think Poppy Delevingne’s job is attending events and modeling for minor brands. Lucky girl, I read an interview withe her where she told that she works hard. Oh yes, partying can be so stressful.

• gabis October 14, 2014 at 19:24 #

Hmmm, ok. Don’t understand why you felt the need to reply to my comment like this. I don’t follow and neither am I a fan of Poppy Delevingne. How she makes her living is not particularly of my concern.
        Nevertheless, this is a fashion blog so that’s what at stake here and among the women featured on this post I liked her outfit the best which doesn’t make me a Poppy fan.

• Noemi October 14, 2014 at 21:52 #

Sorry, I don’t know if your comment is referred to me. In case, I just replied to K.

• K October 16, 2014 at 21:55 #

Her job was just part of my annoyance regarding her haha. But all that aside, in any case, I don’t think she is the best dressed here, she looks just so… plain! Gisele is the star of the commercial and she acts like it! Why hide!

24. Faye October 14, 2014 at 13:04 #

Gisele is the Best model on earth, hands down. You all need to see more of her, she could be peeing in the bathroom, make and editorial and it would be fabulous. The film of n5 was boring as hell But that’s not her fault. I don’t think she looks bad here, boring yes, but not bad. And she has been a Chanel girl for a while, she can do and be any girl and it looks good, that’s what a model should do haha.

25. Tata October 14, 2014 at 12:57 #

I think Gisele is the face of what Chanel wants to become (or what Karl wants Chanel to become):
    Young, wearable, street and modern.

Those are the reason for the tennis shoes, the backpack, Gisele and Kristen being there now. At least, that’s what I guess.

• lila October 16, 2014 at 01:42 #

I agree. People need to think outside the box. No brand wants to be attached to a certain image forever Times, consumers and tastes change and expanding the horizons of a brand is the best way to survive in such a competitive environment as the fashion market.
      Plus it has been more than proven how profitable Gisele’s endorsements are. So if Gisele is not a Chanel type no problem, Chanel will become Gisele’s type.
      That said I don’t like any of those looks.

26. Valerie October 14, 2014 at 12:53 #

Crystal Renn is seriously scaring men it looks like her head is on her back. I quite like the dress, but the unflattering chest area and the crazy brows are way too much.
    I love Gisele, but she doesn’t strike me as Chanel either, she’s more a versace girl, very sexy, without becoming tacky.
    I don’t particularly care for any of these looks..

• tod October 14, 2014 at 16:35 #

hahahahaha sooo true!!

27. eminere October 14, 2014 at 12:17 #

That dress looks so odd on Crystal. It almost looks like that’s the back of the dress and her head is screwed on wrong – like a scene out of Death Becomes Her.

• tod October 14, 2014 at 16:36 #

you are so right! I was wondering what it was that made her look so weird.

• kane October 14, 2014 at 22:06 #

Exactly!

Only like Poppy’s look and even hers just so.

28. Karishma October 14, 2014 at 12:13 #

I disagree – Gisele has a timeless elegance to her which No. 5 represents! She lives life in a grand (relatively speaking) way, which in a way, is what Chanel represents right? Love her! Star of the show!

• Fiona-Brasil October 14, 2014 at 16:16 #

.+ 1.She is totally Chanel.What is not Chanel is those awful : Kristen Stewart or Alice Delal

• janaina October 17, 2014 at 13:33 #

Gisele is a real lady I was happy that she is a chanel girl because Im sorry chanel its all about elegance and Gisele its that girl,shes natural and if you look behind thats what Coco Chanel always want for her brand,class,timeles,elegance and more natural looks for woman,thats why she change so much the way that woman dress on that time

29. Valissa October 14, 2014 at 12:11 #

I agree with Gisele not being a Chanel girl. I was shocked when I found out she got the Chanel no.5 campaign.
    Anyway, I only really like Lily here…

30. Gha October 14, 2014 at 12:00 #

I so agreeee ! Gisele is so not Chanel ! She’s so far away from the Chanel chic and sophisticated style… She has no mystery at all. She’s a beach girl, not a Cambon street lady…

• Noemi October 14, 2014 at 14:49 #

I agree with you. Gisele is a beautiful, healthy-looking, sporty girl, I don’t see a hint of mistery or allure or sophistication in her. She’s a great ambassador for other brands, but I don’t like her for Chanel. I think they wanted to give a different vibe to the commercial, we saw photos of her with a surfboard, etc.
      Diane Kruger would have been perfect, in my opinion. But, honestly, I don’t think I’ll ever wear Chanel N. 5, the bottle is beautiful and its history charming, but I find it quite old and more right for old women, my grandmother used it. I prefer Chance or Coco Mademoiselle.
      Plus, I wouldn’t be surprise if next Chanel ambassador was a Kardashian, I don’t understand Lagerfeld’s choices.

31. Christine October 14, 2014 at 11:57 #

Neither tbh. Lily is passable but still not liking either looks

32. Iva October 14, 2014 at 11:51 #

I like Gisele’s shoes and Lily’s dress (what’s with that face expression though?) and that’s about it.
    “She’s just doesn’t strike me as a Chanel girl.” – ITA!