07.07.14

Christian Dior Fall 2014 Couture Front Row

Christian Dior Falll 2014 Couture Front Row

Christian Dior presented their Fall 2014 Haute Couture collection this afternoon (July 7) in Paris, France with a host of familiar faces in the front row.

Charlize Theron: The brand’s golden girl shimmered in the front row wearing a metallic-gold short-sleeved mini dress which showcased those gorgeous gams, which were elongated further with nude pumps. Yellow-gold Anita Ko diamond earring completed her look. Glamour in its simplest form.

Marion Cotillard: Of all the Dior ambassadors, the French actress has perhaps worn the brand most consistently. While not every look has been a hit, she is always a delight to watch. On this occasion she wore a Resort 2014 black top with a fold-over detail and printed silk-scarf panel paired with a high-waisted skirt. The styling was kept simple with Dior pumps and a Miss Dior bag, as was the hair and makeup. Anyone else think this look was crying out for a pair of red pumps?

Jennifer Lawrence: Despite going into her second term as a Dior ambassador, she is still the new kid on the block. Like Marion, Jennifer’s selections for Dior haven’t always been so well received, but on this occasion she proves herself a worthy ambassador, wearing a Resort 2014 ‘Noeud Dior’ printed silk-scarf top paired with a white suede high-waisted skirt. J’adore the two-tone black and white accessories, which included pumps with both ankle and asymmetrical straps, a patent-leather clutch, and Dior tribal earrings. We whine about Jennifer often looking too old in her Dior looks, but I’m sure you will agree this look doesn’t age her at all. This is one of my favourite JLaw/Dior looks (although not a fan of the makeup). And thank God her hairstylist realized they were working with a 20-something star and not Hillary Clinton.

Christian Dior Fall 2014 Couture Front Row2

Emma Watson: The British actress had yet another wow moment in Dior; at present her success rate is greater than some of the ambassadors. She had the honour of wearing Dior, donning a dark-ink-blue and white embroidered silk dress with a unique silhouette and structure you would expect from a couture piece. The striking look was styled with white Dior pumps with a white strap, and a black Dior clutch.

Zhang Ziyi: Opting for a more classic Dior look, the Asian actress wore a Dior grey wool and cashmere coat dress paired with a metallic-silver belt. She accessorized the look with the Dior Fine Jewelry ‘Bagatelle’ necklace, earrings and ring, a mini ‘Lady Dior’ handbag, Dior ‘SoReal’ sunglasses and Dior shoes. I love the mix of contemporary and classic pieces, enhancing the classic feel while still making the look feel current.

Christian Dior Falll 2014 Couture Front Row3

Rosamund Pike: The British actress wore a sugary-pink cashmere serge vest over a white silk dress. The summery look was styled with black Dior shoes, ‘Mise en Dior’ tribal earrings and a ‘Diorissimo’ handbag. While I like the accessories, I don’t like them with this look so much.

Olivia Palermo: The newlywed, who is more known for her love for all things Tibi, showed plenty of love for Dior today, dressed in a Dior Resort 2014 printed blouse paired with a black mini skirt and a directional two-tone Dior leather vest to add an edge to her look. A mix of accessories, including black Dior pumps, a black and pink Dior clutch from the Resort 2014 collection, and chic Dior shades completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Vanessa Hudgens' Pam & Gela 'Stevie' Dress

Vanessa Hudgens’ Pam & Gela ‘Stevie’ Dress

Kendall Jenner's Paige Denim 'Jimmy Jimmy' Skinny Jeans And Saint Laurent 'Sac De Jour Nano Baby' Mini Leather Tote

Kendall Jenner’s Paige Denim ‘Jimmy Jimmy’ Skinny Jeans And Saint Laurent ‘Sac De Jour Nano Baby’ Mini Leather Tote

49 Responses to Christian Dior Fall 2014 Couture Front Row

1. Pri July 7, 2014 at 18:48 #

Ok, Charlize’s outfit looks the weakest here, it is too LA, and does not scream Dior show.

I love Jlaw’s look here, and agree it is her best Dior look. But, the tan, and the pale lips, not a flattering look.

Not a fan of Emma or Marion’s outfits.

Rosamund, Ziyi and Oliva look chic as usual.

2. Lala July 7, 2014 at 18:49 #

falling in love for every single look… Sexy, class, youthful, fresh… acessories and details too. amke up good and vibrant.

gosh…i can’t choose just one girl…

3. hailee July 7, 2014 at 18:53 #

Charlize Theron looks like perfection! Her and Natalie Portman are great Dior ambassadors

Zhang Ziyi and Olivia Polermo look classic and chic.T heir looks are great too.

Emma Watson’s dress looks odd.IMO she looks quite young, almost still like a teenager, so she can’t pull this dress off.

I really dislike Jennifer Lawrence’s look- but mostly her hair and makeup is really bad!

• leona July 7, 2014 at 19:53 #

I was actually thinking about what it was that made me dislike Emma’s look but I think you’re right. She doesn’t have a mature enough vibe for the edginess of the dress. Maybe I still see as the child star from Harry potter though!

• Mar July 7, 2014 at 21:50 #

Yes she looks quite young. I don’t like the dress it seem to go wider as it goes down and that makes a weird optical illusion.

4. Valissa July 7, 2014 at 18:55 #

What’s going on with Jens face? Her makeup does not look good…or she’s just really tired! Either way, I don’t think she looks good here.
    I’m also not feeling Charlize’s party dress, I don’t think it’s from appropriate. Marion looks nice, but boring.
    Emma is by far my favourite. She looks fun, youthful and chic.

• Agnes July 7, 2014 at 19:14 #

I agree, the make up on Jennifer Lawrence is off.

5. Emily July 7, 2014 at 18:55 #

Emma, Charlize and Olivia are my favourites. I like what J Law is wearing but the hair and make up are dreadful, she must have been running late or something.

6. jenny July 7, 2014 at 18:59 #

I love ziyi’s styling, impeccable luxe!

J.Law would have looked good except is that spray tan or a burn but she would have looked amazing if the make up was done well!

They should really consider signing emma watson, she is such a fresh face to dress, youthful and young.
    Emma is able to wear couture and not wear her!

7. Alina July 7, 2014 at 19:20 #

Charlize Theron – Gold is such a good colour for her, but I’m not impressed.

Marion Cotillard – Better than the usual Dior she gives us.

JLaw – The makeup is totally off.

Emma Watson – She makes that dress work.

Zhang – So cute and chic!

Rosamund – I like the cosiness of the outfit.

Olivia – She is my favourite of the bunch.

8. Anj July 7, 2014 at 19:22 #

Emma Watson is my favorite here.

• nat July 7, 2014 at 21:33 #

I agree. She outshines all the Dior ambassadors easily.

9. sanette July 7, 2014 at 19:22 #

Emma’s dress has a terrible fit, I’m not a fan. And unfortunately Jennifer’s make up and hair ruins the whole look. Rosamund Pike and Olivia Palermo are my favourites.

• amber July 7, 2014 at 19:26 #

Totally agree

• Chris July 7, 2014 at 21:42 #

Me too, I think I don’t like how this dress looks on Emma something is off, I think maybe hair pulled back and classy clean large earrings would have made the difference to make her neck look longer, it looks weird with that kind of neckline.

10. sophie July 7, 2014 at 19:26 #

I find all of this boring. Rosemund should really wear more Dior.

I can’t wait until Jennifer breaks free from Dior.

Marion needed funner shoes.

11. fatima July 7, 2014 at 19:43 #

What on earth was JLaw thinking when she walked out of her room today? She looks ghastly.

I LOVE Emma’s pumps.

12. Nat39 July 7, 2014 at 19:46 #

Emma Watson for me, unique and striking standout, followed by Jennifer Lawrence – perfect summery fresh look and fab accessories, but let down by the awful makeup.

• Nat39 July 7, 2014 at 23:07 #

…although do wish Emma’s hair had been styled better, but I’m a big fan of original constructions and silhouettes and I love this beautifully creative dress, and Emma is totally selling it to me esp. with those heels.

13. Christine July 7, 2014 at 19:50 #

So in love with Emma Watson BDOTW look!!!!!!

Omg so in love!!!! Olivia looks nice and Charlize looks so good!!!

14. Nina July 7, 2014 at 20:10 #

Charlize- her dress doesn’t seem event appropriate but she could wear a sack and still look hot.

Marion- Better than her recent Dior looks. Her dress looks boring though.

Jennifer- Her face looks off. I think it’s the bad tan. Her dress is boring.

Emma- I really liked the dress on the runway but think it looks ill fitted on her. I wish somebody else had worn it. Marion or Charlize could pull it off. I’m actually surprised non of the Dior girls wore dresses from the Couture collection.

Zhang Ziyi- always looks good. All the Asian actors always look good and know how to dress.

Rosamund- I don’t really like the coat. I guess it’s appropriate considering she’s pregnant.

Olivia- I don’t really like the look.

15. Noemi July 7, 2014 at 20:16 #

Marion Cotillard is my favorite, she looks really good, what a surprise ;-)
    Jennifer Lawrence’s makeup distracts me from the outfit. Emma Watson could pull that dress off. Not particularly impressed by the others.
    Charlize Theron’s dress is too short, in my opinion, and I don’t like it for a fashion show.

16. Joy July 7, 2014 at 20:21 #

Unfortunately, I agree with the consensus that Jennifer’s makeup looks weird, which unfortunately ruins the whole look for me. I don’t think I really love the whole put together look however. Either she got bad botox (which hopefully she’s too young for), a bad fake/real tan, or someone put her makeup on in the dark.

Marion looks lovely, loving the whole look especially the shoes! Charlize looks ubber gorgeous, but doesn’t go with the rest of the ladies. She looks out of place, more Dior perfume, but maybe that’s what she was going for? I absolutely love Zhang, sooo Parisian Dior! Love it! Emma is the only look that I don’t really get. Olivia, makes me so jealous and want to come back as a true fashionista in my next life. Rosamund is another lovely Parisian ladies doing lunch look.

• Becca July 7, 2014 at 21:01 #

Charlize doesn’t go with the other girls because she’s clearly above them. She represents Dior way better than they do.

• LeeAnn July 8, 2014 at 13:44 #

Charlize is the face of the perfume and is dressed almost like a living tribute to the iconic bottle- the others aside from Jennifer who is face of the bags and Marion face of the brand are invited to wear the clothes

17. Abigail July 7, 2014 at 20:28 #

Hands down, Emma Watson is my favorite. BDOTW, please.

• Quinn July 7, 2014 at 23:06 #

I agree!!!

• Ariadne July 10, 2014 at 03:11 #

Agree with you!

18. Pedro July 7, 2014 at 20:29 #

Charlize Theron: She looks fantastic! Super gorgeous

Marion Cotillard: Safe but really pretty!

Jennifer Lawrence: Great dress but i HATED the make up! Make her looks really sick… and i’m not a fan of the hair as well!

Emma Watson: WOW WOW WOW! Emma looks perfect! She deserves to be the next Dior girl! BDOTW

Zhang Ziyi: Flawless! I love this chic look

Olivia Palermo: Damn, girl! Olivia looks so fierce and stylish! I LOVE IT

19. Nicky July 7, 2014 at 20:30 #

Charlize and Marion are my favorites. Jennifer’s makeup is disastrous and Emma Watson looks sloppy. I also like Zhang Ziyi’s look, minus the shoes and glasses.

20. Karen July 7, 2014 at 20:51 #

Love all three outfits, especially Jennifer Lawrence’s dress. On the other hand, Jennifer’s make-up was a complete fail. Whoever did her make-up should be fired. It looks like a fake tan gone bad. Her face is at least three shades darker than her neck. The bare lips look undone, like the make-up person had applied translucent powder on them, but then forgot to apply some color afterwards.

21. Becca July 7, 2014 at 20:59 #

I don’t know what some of you are talking about. Charlize clearly stole the show here. That dress on her with that beautiful face has her glowing. I don’t even see anyone else. She just put them in the shade. This is effortless glamour.

22. meme July 7, 2014 at 21:39 #

I don’t like any of these dresses. You should see Charlize’s from the back…it looks like it ripped open. But she’s gorgeous.

• dee July 8, 2014 at 02:09 #

I’m with you. Not liking any of these looks.

23. Anna July 7, 2014 at 21:46 #

I am not sure about anyone, Emma looks off with that dress, Charlize looks way to simple for my taste, Marion look is a little bit safe, Zhang Ziyi that looks like a coat-dress with a belt. I mean……

24. Prudence July 7, 2014 at 23:28 #

Jlaw……the hell is happening with that makeup.
    Charlize looks great but totally boring
    Emma……props for doing something different but she look hella weird.
    Olivia look great from the ankles up.
    Zhang’s getup is also perfect from the ankles up.

I seriously hope these women stay clear from that collection cause goodness it was one of his worsts. I can already imagine the many WDOTY outfits that will come from that disastrous show.

25. Yeliz July 8, 2014 at 00:01 #

Emma looks amazing, I’m loving the whole look. Not really impressed by the other ones.

26. Tamara July 8, 2014 at 00:13 #

EMMA WATSON FOR NEW DIOR AMBASSADOR PLEASE! She blows JLaw out of the water whenever she wears Dior and is a far better representation of the brand to me!

• Ru July 8, 2014 at 01:22 #

OKAAAY all of this comments about Emma being a CD ambassador I mean…….. So Out of the Blue, We are CRITICIZING fashion NOT promoting a celebrity.

• Faith July 9, 2014 at 10:18 #

Comments on wanting Emma to be a CD ambassador are not out of the blue. Not the first time those comments have appeared on the net.

27. neli July 8, 2014 at 00:42 #

Emma looks gorgeous as usual!
    I like Marion look!

28. cherrysoftness July 8, 2014 at 03:24 #

Dior has a full-blown and successful make-up line, how can they let Jennifer Lawrence step out like that? My jaw dropped upon seeing what they did to her fresh face. This is not something that can just, happen – everything is so wrong and unflattering, it’s bizarre.

29. Mandy July 8, 2014 at 06:20 #

Emma is the only one that shines for me here. Jen is getting better but that make up oh no.

30. Peony July 8, 2014 at 07:19 #

Still not into Raf Simons for Dior. So many of his pieces feel self-consciously directional.

I think the fact that all the women (except JLaw) look polished is the saving grace for a lot of these designs, which are pretty uninspired.

My favourite is probably Ziyi, except I wish she’d opted for a classic pointed pump. The ones she’s wearing make her look short, combined with the silhouette of the coat dress.

Emma is just so pretty that she’s hard to fault, but the design of the dress is a hot mess and unflattering around the bust and torso.

Charlize always looks amazing, but the dress doesn’t seem particularly Dior and it feels like they put her in it to remind people she’s the J’adore girl.

Marion looks chic but dull.

J Law’s makeup is a travesty.

Olivia can pull off just about anything, even this slightly-odd ensemble.

Love Rosamund’s outfit, wish she’d done something better with her hair.

• Lee Ann July 8, 2014 at 10:11 #

Friends of mine were going to the show but got stuck in the tunnel . If truth be told Charlise looks beautiful and she looks like a golden goddess because she I’d the face of the Dior perfume but I somehow wish she had worn a more runway piece just to see if she could up pull it off because I really don ‘t like any of these looks with the exception of Ziyi .

I thought the show was beautiful in total but many of the pieces were repetitive of every other Raf show. I loathed the spacesuits. I also don’t think many of the dresses will translate to the red carpet . I know however the critics will love it.

31. TeaAtTwo July 8, 2014 at 13:46 #

Apart from Jennifer’s make-up I think this is a well turned out front row. Much better dressed than Dior’s front row last season .

32. Stel July 8, 2014 at 23:58 #

Oh Emma…. So wowed by her, I love her style, her attitude, everything!

33. Faith July 9, 2014 at 10:25 #

It does seem that for an event where both Emma Watson and Jennifer Lawrence will attend and wear Dior, Emma Watson gets the more edgy outfit. To be fair, I can only think of one other event they attended and both wore Dior and that was the GG 2014.

34. laura July 9, 2014 at 14:51 #

I love all of these looks apart from Jennifer Lawrence (boring outfit, bad makeup) and Emma Watson (I know she’s an “it” girl but the dress just doesn’t sit right on her). Charlize is a goddess