16.12.13

Anna Kendrick In J. Mendel – TNT’s Christmas in Washington 2013

Anna Kendrick In J Mendel - TNT's Christmas in Washington 2013

Anna Kendrick hosted TNT’s Christmas in Washington 2013 held at the National Building Museum on Sunday (December 15) in Washington, DC.

Donning her second look of the weekend, the actress wore a J. Mendel ivory panne-velvet strapless bustier column gown with a draped bodice.

In the right light this is a great look for her, complementing her milky complexion. The onstage light is more flattering than the backstage lighting.

Opting for neutral makeup and with her hair swept up into an updo, she styled the look with a host of jewels, including earrings by Yellowsmith, a wave palm cuff by Graziela Gems and crystal bangles by EF Collection, with a Swarovski clutch rounding out her look.

Credit: Getty

Kristen Wiig In Prada - 'Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues' New York Premiere

Kristen Wiig In Prada – ‘Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues’ New York Premiere

James Marsden In Dolce & Gabbana - ‘Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues’ New York Premiere

James Marsden In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues’ New York Premiere

13 Responses to Anna Kendrick In J. Mendel – TNT’s Christmas in Washington 2013

1. kane December 16, 2013 at 11:21 #

This is lovely actually.

2. Christine December 16, 2013 at 11:33 #

The dress Is nice but I am not liking this on her

• Nat December 16, 2013 at 17:10 #

Me too. She doesn’t pull it off well.

3. Anne December 16, 2013 at 14:07 #

This looks so gorgeous on stage. I love the bare neck, too

4. Amy December 16, 2013 at 16:45 #

The dress is lovely, but I wish it was in a COLOR! Especially for such a festive occasion, I’d love to see it in a deep green maybe?

5. irving cares December 16, 2013 at 17:22 #

Once again, pale people do – not – need – to – wear pale clothes.

6. Yeliz December 16, 2013 at 18:30 #

This is indeed a great look for her, I really like this, she pulls it off.

7. Serenity December 16, 2013 at 18:44 #

I disagree wholeheartedly that ‘pale people cannot wear pale clothes’. That is a dated misconception, like ‘women with curves can’t wear stripes, or printed pants’. Pale colors can look lovely on paler skintones–it’s about choosing something complementary, and wearing the right shade/s of makeup, etc. Off the top of my head–Amanda Seyfried, Rooney Mara, Kirsten Dunst, Amy Adams, Jessica Chastain have all very successfully pulled off white, blush, nude, etc. I think Anna looks beautiful here, and I’m glad she isn’t afraid to do something different, even if it is risky, and some people may not like it.

• lola December 18, 2013 at 23:59 #

I cannot agree with you enough! Pale people can pull off pale clothes, and this is a prime example. I think Anna looks great here. I especially love her backstage, the warm lighting plus the holiday backdrop is simply beautiful!

8. Alina December 16, 2013 at 19:02 #

Wow! Love the dress and she wears it beautifully!

9. Dhppy December 16, 2013 at 22:31 #

I think this is wonderful! It fits exquisitely, and it gives her height.

10. the ogre December 17, 2013 at 17:07 #

Wow! She looks beautiful here. I’ll admit that I’m not too enamoured by Anna most of the time. But here she is glowing and very elegant. I don’t think that the pale comment fits here at all.