02.09.13

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley for Elle UK October 2013

Rosie Huntington Elle UK

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wears Miu Miu while donning a platinum-blonde bobbed wig for the October issue of Elle UK, giving her a totally different look to the blonde bombshell vibe we usually get from her covers.

If it wasn’t for those gorgeous lips, she may have been unrecognisable.

Captured by Mariano Vivanco, the model-turned-actress wears a selection of pieces by Calvin Klein Collection, Céline and Chanel.

Rosie talks to Elle about everything from her relationship with actor Jason Statham to why models need thick skins at the start of their lonely careers.

On her relationship with Jason Statham: ‘Many models are in long-term relationships for stability. Admittedly, not always with great men, but it gives them something to come home to, something grounding. That’s how I see my relationship. Well, I see it in many ways but one of the most beautiful things is that I feel at home whenever I am in the world because of him.’

On starting out as a model: ‘I can see why people think models come across as a little cold. When you start out you’re so young you don’t have a voice. Everyone just tells you what to do and you can end up abroad in the middle of nowhere, with no one speaking English. It is very lonely. …You develop a thick skin to protect yourself. Now I am 26, when I come on a set, I can say what I think and my opinions are noted. I’ve grafted hard to be here.’

You can pick up the October issue of Elle UK featuring Rosie when it hits newsstands on Wednesday. To get you even more excited about it, check out her behind-the-scenes video, which has interviews with the photographer and hair and makeup artists, plus images of Rosie sporting a deep-berry lip colour, further magnifying those juicy plump lips.

Credit: Elle UK Facebook

Ellie Goulding In Rihanna for River Island & Coincidence & Chance - Kiss FM Studios

Ellie Goulding In Rihanna for River Island & Coincidence & Chance – Kiss FM Studios

Gia Coppola's Weekend At Venice Film Festival

Gia Coppola’s Weekend At Venice Film Festival

22 Responses to Rosie Huntington-Whiteley for Elle UK October 2013

1. Pene September 2, 2013 at 11:12 #

This is real evidence that make up doesnt always improve your looks

• Anj September 2, 2013 at 19:55 #

Totally agree. I don’t know how they made a beautiful woman into a drag queen, but they’ve somehow succeeded.

2. Alina September 2, 2013 at 11:12 #

You have one of the most beautiful women on your cover and you decide to photoshop her like this.. It’s sad…

• Yeliz September 2, 2013 at 19:16 #

ITA.

3. Tahlia September 2, 2013 at 12:10 #

I really do not get this cover. I can’t stop looking at it but for all the wrong reasons.. why would you do that to RHW? She’s so beautiful but here it’s all shades of wrong.

4. Mary September 2, 2013 at 12:59 #

I am sorry but she reminds me of Miss Piggy. In a bad way.

• KatieKate September 2, 2013 at 15:51 #

I would have never spotted it on my own, but you are so right…..

5. gabis September 2, 2013 at 14:10 #

That’s a terrible cover for such a big magazine. The bluish background is very amateur. And they should’ve kept this unflattering wig picture to the article inside.
    And wow her comments about her relationship are so controversial. So stability is the only reason she’s still in a relationship? Plus one can even infer that Jason Statham is one of the ‘not always great men’ she mentions. Definitely not the best way to dish about your own relationship.

• KatieKate September 2, 2013 at 15:49 #

I didn’t really perceive her comments that way at all.

As for the cover shot, yes, it is horribly disappointing. It ages her tremendously. The gross overuse of Photoshop has become an appalling epidemic, which actually sickens me, as I consider the unobtainable, unrealistic, and unopposed ideal of “beauty” that has become the norm in our society. An absolute deception which our young girls, (and boys), are now desperately seeking–at ALL costs. I find it unforgivable, and yet I know I, myself am part of the problem rather than the solution, by buying into, (literally), and indirectly supporting as a result. Forgive my rant… It’s just saddening, and convicting….

• Kathy September 2, 2013 at 21:46 #

I agree with you on her quotes about her relationship. It bothers me that she refers to it as “something to come home to, something grounding”. A relationship is supposed to be a commitment, not a security blanket. I mean, there’s nothing wrong your significant other keeping you grounded and helping you sort through the chaos of your career or whatever, but saying that you’re in a relationship just to be in a relationship? That’s all you have to say?

6. Kaylie September 2, 2013 at 15:22 #

I think this is the worst she’s ever looked.

• julyol1972 September 2, 2013 at 16:40 #

Agree! She’s effortlessly beautiful, but here the wig and background make this cover look incredibly forced. Add the apalling makeup (and photoshop) which makes her mouth look incredibly big and bruised, rather than bee-stung, and this cover is a FAIL!!!

By the way, love me some Jason Statham. Please don’t shatter my illusion of that yummy man, Rosie! Thanks!

7. Lee Ann September 2, 2013 at 16:30 #

I never thought that it would be possible to make her look bad and then I saw this. It’s like painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa. Absolutely criminal.

• julyol1972 September 2, 2013 at 16:40 #

Hah! Quite the visual, but totally agree.

8. Prudence September 2, 2013 at 21:12 #

when you manage to make Rosie look ugly you know you have to reconsider the use of photoshop

9. Christine September 2, 2013 at 21:30 #

Not liking the cover

10. Kathy September 2, 2013 at 21:48 #

The wig, the uncomfortable pose, and the clashing colors make for a terribly jarring cover. Probably Rosie’s worst cover to date.

11. kane September 3, 2013 at 00:22 #

I actually like the retro feel that they were going for with the colours, the pose, the make up and the wig. Too bad photoshop wasn’t used to get rid of that zipper (?) and sorting out the wig.

12. Ariel September 3, 2013 at 09:18 #

I dpn t like it. What did they do with this beautiful woman?? Her body looks like of a black spider, the hair is awful, and the most awful are her lips, there is something so wrong with them! Proportions and pose are absurd…

13. amy September 3, 2013 at 12:11 #

photoshop disaster, her neck looks abnormally long, and her head is just weird. Could the clothes be any more basic?

14. x-De-x September 4, 2013 at 20:28 #

Isn’t this the ‘edited by the interns’ edition? Or am I wrong?

If it is, they need new interns. If not, they need a new team.This is just bad.

And I totally agree with the comments. Photoshop is being far too overused in the industry at the moment. What makes it worse is that they’re not even trying to be subtle with it anymore. It’s like botox nowadays. It’s the “norm” and everyone knows you’ve had it so let’s not even bother hiding it anymore.

Michelle Dockery in Harper’s Bazaar looked so unnatural. In Vogue’s September issue, the cover star was glowing far too much. Then the Jessie J MC cover. Emma Watson in the current GQ looks terrible. Actually, look at all the big magazines currently out and they all look like computerised versions of themselves. It has just got ridiculous.

15. Elle September 19, 2013 at 09:47 #

I am one of the Interns for Edited y the Interns in this issue! Rosie is gorgeousss