Kate Hudson In Balmain – ‘Clear History’ LA Premiere

Kate Hudson In Balmain - 'Clear History' LA Premiere

Kate Hudson attended the premiere of HBO Films’ ‘Clear History’ held at ArcLight Cinemas Cinerama Dome in Hollywood, California, yesterday evening.

It was just yesterday I was commenting on Amanda Seyfried’s look saying that we don’t see many denim dresses on the red carpet, and here we have our second in a row.

Kate wore a Balmain Resort 2014 denim short-sleeve mini dress featuring a patchwork design, embroidered details, embellishments and extra crossover detail on the skirt – in short, there is a hell of a lot going on here.

I would never have picked this for Kate in a million years, but she surprises me by carrying this look off very well. The skirt could’ve given her a hip-widening effect, but being the red carpet pro that she is, she knows that crossing her legs will have a slimming effect on her hips.

The only thing that would’ve made this look better is possibly wearing her hair back, otherwise I feel very indifferent towards the look, neither really loving or hating it.

Dana Rebecca Designs jewels, a silver Jimmy Choo ‘Carmen’ clutch and Casadei nude suede pumps completed her look.

How has this look left you feeling?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sophia Bush In Monique Lhuillier - 2013 Do Something Awards

Sophia Bush In Monique Lhuillier – 2013 Do Something Awards

Jennifer Hudson In Versace - 2013 Do Something Awards

Jennifer Hudson In Versace – 2013 Do Something Awards

28 Responses to Kate Hudson In Balmain – ‘Clear History’ LA Premiere

1. Sarah August 1, 2013 at 10:43 #

I really like the colour against her skin :) She looks good (and those legs…jealous ;))

2. jokebetweenthetrees August 1, 2013 at 11:28 #

I like a little. I think it is a fun change, but with the ‘lot going on on top’ it makes the top a bit bulky on her. I think it would be better without sleeves.
    But the idea on her is nice!

3. Fraser August 1, 2013 at 11:38 #

I kinda love it … for such a short dress she looks really comfortable.

Plus the hair and makeup are gorgeous (though agree: hair up)

4. Fiona-Brasil August 1, 2013 at 11:41 #

5. Valissa August 1, 2013 at 12:19 #

I’m going to say the same thing I said about Amanda Seyfrieds denim dress…it looks too heavy (and bulky as somebody already mentioned). But I don’t necessarily hate it. She’s got the legs for it and it’s something different and edgy for Kate.
    She wears it well and with her laid back charisma, she can pretty much wear anything!

6. Kathy August 1, 2013 at 12:43 #

Somehow, I think she pulls it off. Don’t know how, but she wears this so convincingly. It’s fun and unexpected, but not gimmicky.

• GGG August 1, 2013 at 17:57 #

+1! She is WORKING this dress so it works for me. Plus, those legs… Good lord!

7. dee August 1, 2013 at 13:20 #

Kate pulls off the look but I really don’t like the dress to begin with. It just looks like a lot of junk placed on the fabric.

8. Pedro August 1, 2013 at 13:30 #

Amazing dress and amazing legs!

I just LOVE the dress

• pipsqueak August 1, 2013 at 14:42 #

Couldn’t agree more!

9. Alicat August 1, 2013 at 13:37 #

She has managed to pull off a very difficult dress. I love it. It is such a cute, fun look. Fabulous legs. The dress is very short, but with those legs, why not.

10. manja August 1, 2013 at 14:12 #

love it,she looks fantastic and carries it off great,as I am not crazy about the dress it self

11. Christine August 1, 2013 at 14:16 #

She is working this look. Nice to see the unexpected on the RC sometimes.

12. liz August 1, 2013 at 16:01 #

I love it! I would wear this in a heartbeat! I would live in this!!!

• KatieKate August 2, 2013 at 01:55 #

OMG I sooooo agree! When I saw this collection, I immediately fell in love with it, and this dress in particular. So very glad to see someone like Kate do it such justice on the RC. I can only imagine how amazing this must be in person. Thank you FC for all the great shots of this look. You spoil us so! :-)

13. Rebecca Z August 1, 2013 at 16:05 #

I don’t love the dress, but she is wearing it well. Much prefer the Berardi she wore later.

14. Marybeth August 1, 2013 at 16:08 #

I think she pulls this off very well.

The only thing I don’t like is the clunky platform pumps. Will this fad never be over??!??

15. bijuk August 1, 2013 at 16:24 #

i love the dress and I think she’s got the body and persona to pull it off..

• Denise August 2, 2013 at 06:52 #

+1. It’s all about the personality here and …. legs! Love it.

16. gabis August 1, 2013 at 20:22 #

I don’t like it. It comes across as forced because it truly doesn’t suit her style and the mature and sophisticated woman she is. Furthermore I dislike her shoes and clutch and miss the golden accessories from the look book styling.

17. Proud Canadian August 2, 2013 at 06:17 #

I find this look to be refreshing. Kate Hudson looks feminine, very pretty, fun, young, and mid Summertime great! Her outfit isn’t too young for her It’s refreshing to see such a unique ensemble which is fun and flattering. Miss Hudson so often glows; she does in this, just in a very different way than I’m used to seeing her shine. I like it very much. She is beautiful. I have truly enjoyed this new look. Hair up? It would depend on the style. :)!

18. Alina August 2, 2013 at 06:25 #

I’ve seen other pictures and I don’t think this dress is particulary flattering for her body.

19. TeaAtTwo August 2, 2013 at 11:43 #

I don’t like the dress itself but she looks good in it. Funky sandals would have nailed this look.

20. Noemi August 2, 2013 at 12:59 #

I love this dress, it’s so beautiful and I also like the simple styling.

21. Prudence August 2, 2013 at 18:56 #

LOVE EVERYTHING ABOVE HER ANKLES.
    Those shoes are so hideous, she always wear the chunkiest pumps that ruin her look

22. Joy August 3, 2013 at 00:52 #

I think this is my first comment all summer–I love this look! Kate Hudson looks so great in this beautiful denim dress. I’m in love with this dress.

23. Dhppy August 4, 2013 at 00:15 #

What is with the rosettes on the dress? As if everything else weren’t enough? Boy, there is just too much going on here. However, she carries it off as well as anyone could. I would say she elevates the ensemble.

24. Louise August 4, 2013 at 13:18 #

She looks fantastic. Working it well.