Zhou Dong Yu In Giambattista Valli Couture - 3rd Beijing International Film Festival

Zhou Dong Yu attended the closing ceremony of the 3rd Beijing International Film Festival held at the China National Convention Center in Beijing, China yesterday evening.

She stunned wearing a Giambattista Valli Spring 2013 Couture dress.

You can’t help but be enchanted by this breathtaking sunshine-yellow dress with a layered skirt, intricate tonal embellishments and embroidered details – even those of you who dislike rise-and-fall hemlines.

The actress styled her look with Rupert Sanderson off-white pumps, a purple Olympia Le-Tan clutch and Pomellato jewels.

This is a BDOTW contender for me. Do you agree?

Credit: Style.com & Sina

Tia Mowry-Hardrict In Ellery - International Fashion Film Awards

Tia Mowry-Hardrict In Ellery – International Fashion Film Awards

Claire Danes In Lanvin - 2013 Time 100 Gala

Claire Danes In Lanvin – 2013 Time 100 Gala

26 Responses to Zhou Dong Yu In Giambattista Valli Couture – 3rd Beijing International Film Festival

1. Lara April 24, 2013 at 12:35 #

I looked at the picture of the model, and braced myself for a spectacular interpretation on the red carpet. While Zhou does look lovely, I am so sad that the dress lost its volume…

2. Fiona April 24, 2013 at 12:48 #

It actually like the way the dress falls a little lower on her, it looks very elegant. She looks precious in it, I am not a major fan of the shoes but overall a beautiful look.

• Beta April 24, 2013 at 12:54 #

+ wish she had other shoes but Im surprised how much I like the dress

• EmmaWoodhouse April 24, 2013 at 13:03 #

+2 The shoes could have been better but the dress is a dream–much better on her than on the model. BDOTW-worthy for me!

• dee April 24, 2013 at 13:31 #

+3. The shoes kinda ruin this for me.

• Christine April 24, 2013 at 14:35 #

3. Anne April 24, 2013 at 12:58 #

I loved the yellows in this GV collection, this dress being a particular favorite. I don’t mind so much that the volume is lost, but the fit of the bodice & waist is terrible- so loose, giving her no shape. Not a fan of the shoes either. It is, however a great color on her.

• CreoleLady April 24, 2013 at 21:49 #

+1. I wanted to love it but I just can’t, not with that shapelessness in the torso. The dress seems both fussy and deflated. The pumps are unsalvageable.

4. Alicat April 24, 2013 at 13:08 #

This is a very pretty, feminine dress. I love the colour and the detail of the embellishments. Her shoe choice is uninspiring, but it does allow the dress to shine.

5. Denise April 24, 2013 at 13:08 #

Love the dress but not the fit and I don’t think the colour suits her. I prefer the runway shoes, too.

6. Yeliz April 24, 2013 at 13:17 #

The fit around the waist is off, it looks a size too big. I can overlook it though, because I loved this dress on the runway and except that thing with the waist, the rest of Zhou’s styling is amazing. For some reason, I really like the white shoes with this look. Could be a BDOTW contender.

7. Lyo April 24, 2013 at 13:39 #

I don’t like the shoes, and the dress looks to big on her torso.
    It’s a very pretty dress, and if not for the bad fit, it’d be bdotw.

8. SkirtTheIssue April 24, 2013 at 13:49 #

Sadly have to agree with the majority of comments, but the fit around Zhou’s waist (and the shoes) are just not right- such a disappointment because this dress deserved a major moment!

9. mark April 24, 2013 at 14:11 #

This was the dress I was hoping Amy Adams would wear to the Oscars. It’s cute on Zhou but a little flat.

10. TeaAtTwo April 24, 2013 at 14:39 #

I think it’s BDOTW worthy, it’s an amazing dress. The change of length on Zhou give it an charming vintage vibe though I like the fit on runway too.

11. memo April 24, 2013 at 14:46 #

The dress is stunning but it needed to get fitted on her, raise it from the shoulder and tighten it up near the waist

12. noo April 24, 2013 at 14:56 #

I love this look so very much!

13. Rebecca Z April 24, 2013 at 16:11 #

For once I like a variable length hemline. This dress is gorgeous, but she is a bit mousy in it. She isn’t really selling it to me–she looks like she feels like she can’t move.

14. Anj April 24, 2013 at 16:43 #

This would be a great dress for a pregnant person. On her, she makes the best of it because she’s tiny, but it still needs some of that volume taken out.

15. Dhppy April 24, 2013 at 21:17 #

It’s slightly too large for her perhaps, but it got an audible “Oooh!” out of me.

16. Nat39 April 24, 2013 at 21:31 #

I absolutely LOVE this dress (plus I’m a fan of all kinds of unusual hemlines). Zhou isn’t quite selling it to me however, it’s somewhat hanging off her, and I think she lacks presence. But it’s still a pass from me, can be a bdotw contender.

17. kane April 24, 2013 at 21:40 #

I like the dress in the front view, but on the right it seems as if the dress would make every woman look pregnant. Okay if you are, not so much if you are not. I guess I like the idea better than the execution.

18. ingrid April 24, 2013 at 22:03 #

Beautiful – although I think I would’ve been more wowed by this dress on someone else? Also why do stars choose boring shoes compared to the stunning ones we see on the runway?

19. Chloe April 24, 2013 at 22:56 #

It’s just hanging on her. She’s too petite for this dress. Very disappointed

20. Kittyvale April 25, 2013 at 00:29 #

Lacks confidence to pull off such stunning dress. Look proud and shout it out loud!!

21. Milla B. April 25, 2013 at 01:28 #