06.03.13 Best Dressed

Which Was Your Favourite Helen Hunt 2013 Awards Season Look?

Helen Hunt Awards Season 2013

Helen Hunt had an amazing start to awards season, wearing a Philip Armstrong Atelier gown to the 2013 Critics’ Choice Awards – which was my favourite from the actress.

She dazzled in Dolce & Gabbana at the Golden Globes and in Romona Keveza at the SAG Awards, was classic in black Talbot Runhof at the 2013 DGA Awards; turned to Dolce & Gabbana again for the Academy Awards Nominations Luncheon, kept it chic in a menswear inspired look at the Independent Spirit Awards, but she threw all her hard work down the drain at the final hurdle at the 2013 Oscars.

The blue – considerably creased – H&M gown will go down in history as one of the worst-ever Oscar gowns.

It’s not like H&M can’t make gowns; remember Michelle Williams’ BAFTA gown and their H&M Conscious collection?

Credit: Getty

Rachel Bilson's Preen 'Aurora' Dress

Rachel Bilson’s Preen ‘Aurora’ Dress

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Hobbs - Grimsby Visit

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Hobbs – Grimsby Visit

8 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Helen Hunt 2013 Awards Season Look?

1. Jess2 March 6, 2013 at 12:03 #

Philip Armstrong was my favourite as well, she was stunning in the red gown. Unfortunately her Oscars gown was a huge disappointment. I actually really liked Michelle William’s H&M gown and the conscious collection, they can do better than Helen’s gown but I would steer away when it comes to the Oscars.

2. Lee Ann March 6, 2013 at 13:45 #

Can someone please buy this woman a srean iron. Most of her looks are wrinkled

3. EmmaWoodhouse March 6, 2013 at 14:55 #

The SAG awards look was my favorite–loved the Philip Armstrong look but for the sheer sides. Pretty much every look was good here except for the Oscars.

4. robbie March 6, 2013 at 18:04 #

golden globe dolce & gabbana look, just LOVE it!

5. Marybeth March 6, 2013 at 19:00 #

I think the Romona Kaveza look at the SAG Awards would have definitely been my favorite, if she had chosen striking silver earrings instead of the necklace. It’s a very nice look nevertheless.

The two Dolce & Gabbana looks are great too. I particularly like that luncheon dress on her.

I’ll vote for the Philip Armstrong because head-to-toe I think it’s the best. I think of Helen as someone who works neutral colors well and is more comfortable in muted tones. Here she stepped out of the box to great effect. Gorgeous!

What a pity about the Oscars. Every element of her look is just beautiful — except the dress.

6. Yeliz March 6, 2013 at 19:46 #

The gorgeous Phillip Armstrong Atelier gown is my favourite, Romona Keveza is my runner-up.

7. Lauren March 6, 2013 at 21:09 #

Philip Armstrong hands down my favorite. I hope she made enough money off the H&M dress to make it worth how terrible and cheap it looked.

8. Katharine March 7, 2013 at 03:18 #

Expectations for Oscar dressing are high : the H & M dress would have been serviceable at a less high profile awards ceremony … but the first and third dresses on this poll would have been more glamorous(and flattering) choices. She doesn’t look bad – nor did Anne Hathaway in the pink Prada – but both choices were disappointing. Give us some oomph!