20.02.13

Alexa Chung In Valentino – 2013 Brit Awards

Alexa Chung In Valentino - 2013 Brit Awards

Alexa Chung was also spotted on the red carpet at the 2013 Brit Awards, held at the O2 Arena in London this evening.

Temperatures have been slowing rising in the capital this week, which may have inspired the star to wear this Valentino embroidered belted ivory short set.

Much like Alexa’s Grammys look, its right for her style but feels wrong for the occasion – let alone the season. Plus I’m slightly baffled by the summery ensemble paired with her black Jimmy Choo ‘Agnes’ suede pumps.

Cropped pants would’ve been preferred.

Hair and makeup wise Alexa looks beautiful. I love that orange lip colour.

Credit: Getty

16 Comments
Alexa Chung's Valentino 'Tan Go' Crystal Pumps

Alexa Chung’s Valentino ‘Tan Go’ Crystal Pumps

Alessandra Ambrosio's Christian Louboutin 'Marquise' Spiked Leather Clutch

Alessandra Ambrosio’s Christian Louboutin ‘Marquise’ Spiked Leather Clutch

16 Responses to Alexa Chung In Valentino – 2013 Brit Awards

1. M February 20, 2013 at 23:32 #

Sigh. agreed with everything you said, FC. I long to see her in a jaw-dropping gown. She would look beautiful. There has got to be a gown out there that would fit her style and aesthetic.

2. Christine February 20, 2013 at 23:36 #

Nice and simple but boring

3. GGG February 20, 2013 at 23:37 #

I’m shocked I’m even saying this… But I love this look. I’ve never said that about anything she’s ever worn. It must be the hair/make-up. It’s divine.

4. kane February 20, 2013 at 23:41 #

It’s sweet and cute, nothing special, but certainly that for me. And for once “unhealthy” and “too thin” don’t pop in my head straight away… win for me.

5. Moxie February 20, 2013 at 23:43 #

Love it from the ankles up, but you’re right that it is out of season. And those shoes… what was she thinking?

6. EmmaWoodhouse February 20, 2013 at 23:48 #

Hair and makeup, are, for once, great. But the awkward crossed leg pose, the odd romper-like ensemble (never a fan of shorts on the red carpet) and the mismatched pumps make it a no for me.

7. Marybeth February 20, 2013 at 23:51 #

I love the make-up and hair. She looks pretty.
    The outfit is cute but very odd for a February evening. I don’t understand the shoes.

• Yeliz February 21, 2013 at 05:27 #

8. rach February 20, 2013 at 23:52 #

It’s not really an awards ceremony ensemble is it? Maybe a luncheon or something and certainly not appropriate for the season. I really don’t get the relevance of this girl any more at all.

9. arang February 21, 2013 at 03:30 #

Wow, I really love this look, but you’re right, it’s not at all appropriate for the event let alone the season.

10. Samantha February 21, 2013 at 06:45 #

Cute look but terrible considering the event. It looks like something you’d wear to a picnic, and I totally agree about the shoes.

I will say that she looks beautiful, though. I was never a huge fan but ever since she wore that oxblood look a few months back she’s been looking wonderful. Much better hair and make-up.

11. Angie February 21, 2013 at 08:25 #

Never been a fan of her style. This outfit looks like a pajama, not even season or event appropriate, and the black pumps kill it off completely. The make-up is better than usual.

12. Noemi February 21, 2013 at 10:02 #

The look is too Summer for my taste. Do these celebrities ever get a cold or a flu? I think she found out that wash her hair is not dangerous for her health…

13. cartouche February 21, 2013 at 16:03 #

hair and make up look good but this valentino looks cheap as hell!

14. Elise February 21, 2013 at 18:09 #

Perfect set… if you go to the beach

15. Amanda February 22, 2013 at 05:02 #

Um 1) It’s February and 2) not her backyard. Unfortunate.