Anne Hathaway In Oscar de la Renta – 2013 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

Anne Hathaway In Oscar de la Renta - 2013 Critics' Choice Movie Awards

Anne Hathaway has been mixing thing up on the red carpet lately, but she opted for a classic, relatively simple look for the 2013 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards , held at Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California this evening.

The ‘Les Miserables’ actress wore a slinky Oscar de la Renta gown.

Her spiral bugle bead gown, which no doubt shimmered on the red carpet, was styled with diamond stud earrings, a diamond encrusted bracelet, her wedding ring and Casadei gold vegan sandals with the signature ‘Blade’ heel.

My first reaction was that this look feels quite bare, but with that megawatt smile and perfectly styled hair adding anything else may have been overkill.

Credit: Getty

32 thoughts on “Anne Hathaway In Oscar de la Renta – 2013 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards

1. Laura

I love the dress and accessories. i wish she had more dramatic makeup especially the lipstick. What could have been a wow is just a meh imo.

2. bm

I love everything that Anne wore recently, her Saint Laurent suit, that Tom Ford risky gown, and this suit ODLR. And I Love Anne like this, not stick to one style.

1. admmgz

+1 I love that she switches it up! I think she looks gorgeous!

Btw, marriage suits her well- she was absolutely beaming happiness :)

3. Nat39

The gown isn’t working well against Anne’s skin tone, it kinda disappears/looks bland. Taking this into account, perhaps she needed to add contrasting colour statement earrings to elevate this look at least a little bit.

4. TeaAtTwo

I think she looks great again. It feels so self confident that she went quite simple accessories wise- I don’t she even needed the bracelet- with the slinky fit. I think subtle colour with her complexion looks good and the beading reminds us of the classic Anne.

5. EmmaWoodhouse

The color is a little bland on Anne, and I don’t like slinky gowns particularly. It’s not a bad look but not my favorite of the night.

6. Debbie

After such an interesting and risky promo tour with “Les Miserables”, I am shocked and a little disappointed with this choice. It’s not terrible, but it is unflattering and just kind of blah.

Even if I have not loved all of her recent fashion choices, she has always kept me guessing.

1. Quinn

awwwwwwwwwww! that is so cute!! and i love the fact that the pin is RED! haha.

Anne looks lovely. Like FC said, the smile and fierce hair is a great accessories to this simple presentation.

7. Eve_V

I am pretty sure you have to see this dress in person in order to truly appreciate its’ beauty. But her gorgeous face makes me forget any reservations I might’ve had about this look!

8. Tea

So boring and not terribly flattering to Anne’s (amazing)figure. Most of all it seems very nineties. This just gets a “Why?” from me.

9. julyol1972

I think she might be saving the “bells and whistles” for Sunday with the Globes. The Critics Choice isn’t as big an event, so I’m glad she went simple. I think she looks beautiful and I’m a huge fan of her hair.

10. Noemi (WBiS)

I think the dress washes her out, maybe with a bolder make up (red lips) she could look better. I would say without praise or blame. I like the way she’s styling her hair, since it’s growing.

11. sasa

This whole look is very nineties to me. Anne has the inclination to not stick to a style decade (whichever that may be).

12. Cindy

She looks tired. So is she tired and bringing down the look, or is the makeup and dress bringing her down? I’m thinking the latter.