Kerry Washington In Stella McCartney – 2012 American Music Awards

Kerry Washington opted for a bright hue on the red carpet for the 2012 American Music Awards on Sunday evening.

I’m making a mental note to wear more yellow next summer following how divine the ‘Scandal’ actress looks wearing this Stella McCartney Resort 2013 dress.

Her sunflower long-sleeve lace dress with a fringed underlay was expertly styled with coral pumps, which matched her lips, and a yellow Kotur clutch which matched her dress.

A sexy faux bob and a statement ring completed her look.

This was my favourite look by far at this event. Only Ginnifer Goodwin comes close.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Carrie Underwood In Abed Mahfouz -  2012 American Music Awards

Carrie Underwood In Abed Mahfouz – 2012 American Music Awards

Gwyneth Paltrow's Tom Ford Long Evening Gown

Gwyneth Paltrow’s Tom Ford Long Evening Gown

22 Responses to Kerry Washington In Stella McCartney – 2012 American Music Awards

1. Leo November 19, 2012 at 03:05 #

As usual she brings it. Love the combination of the shoe and dress. Amazing. Only think that kinda irks me is the clutch so matchy matchy to the dress.

2. Odette November 19, 2012 at 03:08 #

I love the coral pumps with this look.

I am not O.V.E.R this collection. It’s done.

Kerry, Emma Roberts and Kirsten Dunst sealed it closed.

3. Nat39 November 19, 2012 at 03:14 #

Wish the underlay was closer to her skin tone. Flawless otherwise, love the coral pump with the yellow dress and the matching yellow clutch, her hair and makeup are flawless.

• kane November 19, 2012 at 12:42 #

Well spotted. I agree.

4. mia November 19, 2012 at 03:14 #

absolutely beautiful on Kerry. I’ve never really been a fan of yellow.. anything. but the silhouette of this dress is surprisingly beautiful because of the material and fabric.

Goes to shoes – you don’t have to wear a figure hugging tight dress to look beautiful and polished :) love this look.

• Beta November 19, 2012 at 10:07 #

me too, I dont love yellow, but this is an exception, she looks amazing! 100x better that the lookbook version

5. mia November 19, 2012 at 03:14 #

*goes to show

6. Christine November 19, 2012 at 03:16 #

Wish the shoes were in a different color. Kinda of a distraction but yes she looks amazing! By far, Her and Ginnifer.

• Yeliz November 19, 2012 at 12:41 #

Totally agree.

7. Angela November 19, 2012 at 03:35 #

Loving this look, great use of color and spot on styling make this my fave of the night! Thank you so much for putting up all these posts at the most inconvenient of times FC, you really are the greatest :D

8. EmmaWoodhouse November 19, 2012 at 03:52 #

Love the sunny color, faux bob, and coral pumps. Only wish that the skirt was lined and that the dress was belted. Then it would be one of my favorites of the night.

9. Molly November 19, 2012 at 04:02 #

I guess Im the odd one out because I hate this. The color is great on Kerry, but the dress is an absolute mess. It’s so shapeless and the fringe was a huge mistake. I dont like the shoes either.

• Mick November 19, 2012 at 09:34 #

No you’re not odd, I’m with you on this one! I love the color and also the combo with the shoes, but the dress itself is horrid and looks like a curtain. Also, I’m quite over the lace trend.

• newstep November 19, 2012 at 11:11 #

the dress looks awful on the model, meh on Kerry.
      It seems like my grandmother put it together and forced my sister to wear it to her prom night.
      and the shoes are too heavy for a lace dress.

• Moxie November 19, 2012 at 15:05 #

• lu November 19, 2012 at 15:28 #

It`s not working for me either. I don`t like the dress itself, and it`s just too much yellow. While I like the color of the shoes, don`t like the shape and they look too heavy. Not a great look IMO

• Camille November 19, 2012 at 16:56 #

I’m with you. I love the color and her hair and makeup are beautiful. But the dress is not my favorite. I hate the length. Think it should be shorter. This length just makes this look like a granny dress and granny was into wearing lace sacks. I love the pop of color from the shoe, but think a platform pump is too heavy for this lace dress.

• snowlion November 22, 2012 at 09:34 #

Just an unfortunate sack of a dress.

10. John November 19, 2012 at 04:19 #

I feel like the cut of this dress makes it look like something a woman would go to sleep in, just in a bright color, but I think she pulled it of with the styling so kudos to you Kerry Washington.

11. Pene November 19, 2012 at 06:24 #

surely this looks like a night gown!!

12. Noemi (WBiS) November 19, 2012 at 08:42 #

Very classy, much better than the lookbook.

13. christine November 20, 2012 at 00:21 #

i love the dress, especially on her but i think the shoe color is tacky with this outfit. i would have preferred a nude clutch and shoes