07.09.12

Rihanna In Adam Selman – 2012 MTV Video Music Awards

It wasn’t only Miley Cyrus who was debuting a new hairstyle on the red carpet at the 2012 MTV Music Video Awards on Thursday evening; Rihanna did too.

The singer, who won video of the year for her hit ‘We Found Love’, wore an Adam Selman white custom-made dress.

I haven’t seen much of the designer’s work, but from what I have seen, the range is very limited.

This is the second custom look Rihanna has worn by the designer which was white and had a knotted detail. The only significant difference on this occasion is the higher neckline.

Neil Lane jewels, Jacquie Aich rings, nude Manolo Blahnik sandals and a beautiful red lip colour completed her look.

Like Katy Perry, Rihanna went for glamour over the shock factor. Thankfully.

Credit: Getty

Katy Perry In Elie Saab Couture - 2012 MTV Video Music Awards

Katy Perry In Elie Saab Couture – 2012 MTV Video Music Awards

Zoe Saldana In Salvatore Ferragamo - 2012 MTV Video Music Awards

Zoe Saldana In Salvatore Ferragamo – 2012 MTV Video Music Awards

26 Responses to Rihanna In Adam Selman – 2012 MTV Video Music Awards

1. Vidhya September 7, 2012 at 06:19 #

A torn t shirt dress? Sad.

2. Christine September 7, 2012 at 06:21 #

She loves his dresses. She looks stunning and I am loving the new do’

3. Laura September 7, 2012 at 06:39 #

She is gorgeous but i hate the hair!

Boring dress.

4. J September 7, 2012 at 06:40 #

The hair ages her… perhaps a little more punk/tousled like Halle Berry’s and it would have been better.

The dress is just a shapeless mess making her look larger than i know she is

5. MEME September 7, 2012 at 07:22 #

I knew that dress looked familiar…. couldn’t picture where I’ve seen it…. she looks more polished here than she did in the first dress I will say that….

6. Alina September 7, 2012 at 07:26 #

IMO, this look is better than her previous Adam Selman one.

• Jones19 September 7, 2012 at 12:02 #

Agreed. She looks sensational and so polished.

• Nat39 September 7, 2012 at 19:42 #

Ditto. She looks great and very polished, much better than her other look.

7. lee September 7, 2012 at 07:55 #

i actually got super excited when i saw her pixie cut was back. i loveeeee her with short hair.

8. Joy September 7, 2012 at 08:28 #

Horrible. This haircut has aged her 20 years. She looks bad. Not everyone can wear Halle short cuts. Like previously commented, maybe if she made it more edgy (like she is) it would look good. But as is, just plain bad.

The dress is boring and just adds to the old lady vibe from her hair. Icky!!!

9. Yeliz September 7, 2012 at 08:53 #

For me a custom made gown should fit the person like a glove. Thankfully, this gown looks great on Rihanna unlike her previos Adam Selman gown, but I’m not wowed by this look.

10. Lalitha September 7, 2012 at 09:37 #

Love the hair and while she looks lovely, we have seen this structure/drape/style on her already. With Rihanna I like to be surprised :)

11. LizLemoooon September 7, 2012 at 10:52 #

I don’t care for the dress AT ALL but she has suuuuuch a gorgeous face.
    That short haircut really suits her, she looks elegant, sexy and bold.
    I don’t agree with others that it ages her, I think that’s the heavy pancake make up (which makes sense since she was performing).

12. CreoleLady September 7, 2012 at 11:41 #

She looks fabulous in white and I love the silhouette. I like the idea of the short hair, not sure about the execution — maybe some wispy bangs or spiky-ness…?

13. EmmaWoodhouse September 7, 2012 at 12:30 #

The dress is quite blah and doesn’t seem to have much design. The back especially feels that way. From the front, it’s OK–a step up from her usual style, so points for effort. I’m not sure about the short hair. I wish it had more volume.

14. robbie September 7, 2012 at 13:32 #

boring dress but damn she looks HOT.

15. Joan September 7, 2012 at 14:56 #

She looks beautiful unlike many others I really do like the gown. But I much prefer her with long hair.

16. Rita September 7, 2012 at 15:26 #

she looks perfect. I love the hair, the lips and she looks avsolutely stunning in white. I was also very very happy that she didn’t choose to look as edgy and different as possible.

17. Felicia September 7, 2012 at 15:41 #

I love this dress!!!! Simple but chic!!!

Her hair is ugly. No way around it, IT IS UGLY!!!

The problem I always have with Rihanna is the fact that I always hate her shoes! It’s annoying.

18. justme September 7, 2012 at 18:34 #

*looks around*
    Am I the only one who loves the hair? I’ve always thought she looked SO MUCH better with short hair. Her features are more striking that way and she can pull it off. Those ratty long badly sewn weaves were not a good look, let’s be real.
    From the neck down, I am not impressed though.

• Staci September 8, 2012 at 01:03 #

agreeeddddd! i am lovingggg the new short hair. it shows off her beautiful face so much more than the nasty weaves that she’s always sporting.

19. Francois Bresmal September 7, 2012 at 19:46 #

I’m floored. I didn’t expect this from her AT ALL. I love that with Rihanna! You never know what’s coming next, she proved it with the Battleship promo tour. I need to say she looks gorgeous

20. Ahot September 7, 2012 at 20:12 #

superhot! loving the attitude here.

21. tiffany September 7, 2012 at 22:06 #

exceedingly boring and what a waste of an opportunity to introduce the new hair.

22. Cindy September 8, 2012 at 04:54 #

I love everything about this look, especially the short hair!

23. J September 8, 2012 at 09:14 #

Going for ‘angelic’, Girl looks good.