Kristen Stewart In Roberto Cavalli – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

Kristen Stewart skipped the red carpet at the 2012 Teen Choice Awards on Sunday evening, but she was spotted backstage wearing a menswear-inspired look.

I love this look from head to toe; this is the type of look I have been crying out for her to wear for a very long time.

Yes, she has great legs and loves mini dresses, but this look suits her personality so much better.

A grey Fluxus tee was teamed with tight black leather pants and a statement blazer from Roberto Cavalli’s Resort 2013 collection.

The print blazer with black leather lapels makes the look. I’m sure Steven Tyler is wishing he got his hands on this look first.

Sporting a hairstyle made famous by Alice Dellal, Kristen opted to braid one side of her wavy brunette hair rather than take clippers to it.

Minimal makeup save for blue eyeshadow, a Melinda Maria ring and black Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ pumps completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Katie Holmes In Marchesa - 2014 Met Gala

Katie Holmes In Marchesa – 2014 Met Gala

Lea Michele In Oscar de la Renta - Valspar Hands For Habitat Unveiling

Lea Michele In Oscar de la Renta – Valspar Hands For Habitat Unveiling

38 Responses to Kristen Stewart In Roberto Cavalli – 2012 Teen Choice Awards

1. Kathy July 23, 2012 at 09:56 #

I will never be a fan of this girl’s style. She never seems quite put-together, even if she’s in a gown and her hair is in a perfect bun. It’s just a vibe I get from her.

I actually don’t hate this look. The runway version is just pattern overkill, but Kristen balances the jacket nicely with the black leather pants and light gray shirt, but I wish that top were more fitted, less drape-y. I also do not like her hair.

• Mrs. A July 23, 2012 at 11:36 #

+1 She always looks like she decided to come to the event at the last minute and took 5mins to get ready. I guess that is the persona she wants to give off so it is working.

And I cant even believe some are nominating her for BDOTW. What is so special about her outfit? Kim Kardashian has worn this look dozens of times on ROdeo drive to go shopping. What is so groundbreaking about leather pants and a blazer? If this wasnt Kristen Stewart, this look wouldnt even be commented on.

Now a look worth commenting on? Demi Lovato’s red carpet look.

• Emma July 23, 2012 at 15:31 #

Exactly! I don’t think anything in particular is completely flattering. Her hair and makeup always look the same and this look is not very appealing, especially for the fun nature of the event. I agree that we have seen this look multiple times before- it is not as groundbreaking or exciting as so many people are making it out to be. I hate the combination of the shiny blazer and leather pants, and the shoes are boring. I think that her wardrobe choices are turning out to be just as lackluster as her acting skills.

2. girlgonebad July 23, 2012 at 10:01 #

I love it like you from head to toe. It nice to see something different from the pretty little dress last night.love her hair, the minimal makeup and she is having fun.I won’t change anything thing from this look. She is the best dress for me.

3. girlgonebad July 23, 2012 at 10:02 #

I love it like you from head to toe. It nice to see something different from the pretty little dresses last night.love her hair, the minimal makeup and she is having fun.I won’t change anything thing from this look. She is the best dress for me.

4. Yeliz July 23, 2012 at 10:14 #

LOVE, love, love this look! I also expected for her to wear a mini dress, but this is so much better. Yes, this look suits to her personality. The leather pants and the blazer fit her like a glove and the rest of her look is also flawless. I love her hair.

Best dressed of the night for me and also BDOTW worthy.

• admmgz July 23, 2012 at 17:34 #

5. Vicki July 23, 2012 at 10:25 #

This look really suits her style. Not too girlie but still chic at the same time.
    Most important of all, she looked really at ease.

6. Mandy July 23, 2012 at 10:35 #

I have a huge obsession with blazers and this one is gorgeous. The only thing i don’t like is the hair, wished she had done something different.

7. Stella July 23, 2012 at 10:42 #

She’s finally wearing something matching her personality, but in a glam way ;) I’d prefer a sleak ponytail or an updo though.

8. Jess2 July 23, 2012 at 11:08 #

This is hot, she looks awesome. Her hair doesn’t bother me too much here.

9. towanda July 23, 2012 at 11:25 #

I love this look from head to toe too :):)

10. Alina July 23, 2012 at 11:25 #

This could be her best look ever.

11. gragriP July 23, 2012 at 11:26 #

this look is amazing and really suits her style..I also love the print of the blazer, really cute. perfect from head to toe with those Louboutin and Leather Pant and beautiful make up. A big + for this look ;)

12. carolina July 23, 2012 at 11:50 #

First, the look is better suited to December than to July. The hair looks messy, even dirty. Together with the strong lapels, the hair works to elongate her face rather than to focus on her best features. Strong, narrow shoulders elongate the line of her torso, making her body look somehow misshapen. Finally, the shoes are just bad. Not only do they do nothing for her legs or feet, they add nothing to the style of the outfit.

13. gossip_bangkok July 23, 2012 at 11:52 #

I really think this look suits her. The other thing I would change though, is her pumps. I wish it matched the colour of her blazer.

This might be a bit off topic, but I am wondering what do you think about Queen Jetsun Pema of Bhutan’s style? I find the traditional clothing to be very interesting.

14. melu July 23, 2012 at 11:57 #

OMGGGGGGGGGG KRISTEN STEWART IS THE BEST DRESSES FOR MY SHE IS SOOOO “ORIGINAL”

15. melu July 23, 2012 at 11:58 #

KRISTEN IS SOOOOOOOO COOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

16. CTgirl July 23, 2012 at 12:53 #

As always, KS comes close but can’t quite get it together. Her hair looks greasy and I’m starting to think that the girl doesn’t own a brush. I’m also beginning to suspect that she only owns one bra and it’s black so she wears the same bra with everything. For a 22 year old she still looks sloppy and patched together with that limp tee and the strangely conservative pumps. This is not best dressed material.

17. robbie July 23, 2012 at 14:01 #

its nice just wish she would invest in a brush.

18. Christine July 23, 2012 at 14:06 #

I like the look but kinda wished she went with the look book pants. The leather leggings are badass too.

19. dee July 23, 2012 at 14:10 #

I really think she look great. Nice to see something different than all the dresses. I like how she wears her hair. It is not all prim, perfect, neat and that seems like who she is. She is dressing for herself and what she likes and I can’t fault her for that.

• CTgirl July 23, 2012 at 15:41 #

This more of a generalized comment about KStew and fashion.

Why do we give her a pass on looking less than fabulous because she is “dressing for herself and what she likes and I can’t fault her for that.” Really? Because I can only assume that every celebrity dresses for themselves and what they like yet we have plenty to say about them when they are looking less than fabulous. It just strikes me the wrong way that some view KStew as somehow different than everyone else and that we tend to critique her clothing and styling on a different baseline that consists of KStew being “true to herself” rather than actually looking good.

• dee July 23, 2012 at 20:21 #

I am not giving her a pass. I critique everyone’s look based upon what I think flatters them. I think this style works for Kristen and yes I think she looks good. If you don’t then that is your opinion. I can accept that but why can’t you accept mine? No need to be hostile. This is fashion we are talking about and everyone is going to see something different.

• CTgirl July 23, 2012 at 21:34 #

Dee, I was not being hostile. As I stated, it was a general comment about KS and fashion. I absolutely support your opinion about fashion and it was not my intention to give the impression that I don’t.

I quoted your post because it is representative of posts that can seem to give KS a pass for awful fashion choices because she is “being real”, “being herself” or “KS just doesn’t care what others think about how she looks”.

Absolutely no offense intended.

20. Odette July 23, 2012 at 14:59 #

Good, easy look for The Stew. She looks herself.

21. Marko_M July 23, 2012 at 15:34 #

Completely in love with this look. It shows her cool and edgy side and still keeps the fashion lovers satisfied! BDOTW contender for sure + one of her best looks ever!

22. J July 23, 2012 at 15:40 #

As others have said, she always looks like she decided to attend an event 5 minutes beforehand. I’m also wondering if she owns a brush and shampoo. I just get a vibe that she’s hygienically challenged. The weird thing is that pre-Twilight, she seemed happier and more put together (and cleaner) and that’s when she was under 18. It’s like she regressed or something.

• Darcy July 23, 2012 at 19:41 #

Kristen looks FAB I love the way she does not play by the rules and is so edgy and cool.
      The combination with her outfit is superb , glad she did not go with the original pants because she would have been the laughing stock at the awards. I love her makeup instead of the original smokey eye she added a shimmer of blue eye shadow.
      I love the way her hair is sported on one side and a tiny braid on the other .
      BEST DRESSED at the awards .

23. gabis July 23, 2012 at 18:09 #

This was the best look of the night IMO and definitely ranking among my top 5 favorite looks ever from Kristen. She looks absolutely incredible. I can’t even decide which part I love the most if it’s the perfect hair styling and makeup, the gorgeous blazer or the leather pants. Truly gorgeous and flawless. Very strong BDOTW material!
    FC, do you happen to have any information on her makeup? I’m dying to know the eyeshadow she’s wearing.

• Fashion Critic July 23, 2012 at 19:54 #

no not yet

• Yeliz July 24, 2012 at 10:49 #

She’s wearing NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Brumes.

24. carly July 23, 2012 at 21:11 #

she looks amazing, best look of the night, edgy, cool, and different, she always stand out among her peers, she rock those pants, good jo Kristen!!

25. Ingrid July 23, 2012 at 21:18 #

I really like this look!! I think it looks great on her!

26. Magdalena. July 23, 2012 at 22:49 #

I have to say she was one of my best dressed of the night. At least she’s staying true to her style, and I’ll take this over another cutesy, boring pump-loving starlet.

27. Sharon July 23, 2012 at 23:34 #

I kind of wish Steven Tyler had gotten to this first too.

28. Lizzo July 24, 2012 at 01:41 #

I love her entire look. Especially the hair! It’s unique, like her. And the Teen Choice Awards is one of the only awards shows where celebs can wear what suits their style and not have to fancy it up. Good choice of leather pants and blue jacket. Btw Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez could never pull off an outfit like this…

29. nazz July 24, 2012 at 05:22 #

Wonder if she owns a mirror at least.. She really needs to start giving a damn about the way she looks when she leaves home.