22.05.12 Premiere

After opting for an all-out glamorous look at the ‘Amour’ premiere, Diane Kruger reverted back to a more ethereal, romantic look for the ‘Killing Them Softly’ premiere this evening during Cannes Film Festival.

The German actress wore beautiful white Nina Ricci gown which custom made for this event.

The breathtaking drop-waist gown with embroidered details had feathered embellishments and a floaty chiffon skirt.

Her look was nearly all white except for the lavender corsage on the shoulder.

With her hair rolled into a retro 40s style, Diane was glowing with her beau Joshua Jackson by her side in head-to-toe black Lanvin.

A silver embellished Judith Leiber clutch and a diamond bracelet completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Kim Kardashian's Givenchy Embellished Wolffish Sandals

Kim Kardashian’s Givenchy Embellished Wolffish Sandals

Cassie In Roberto Cavalli - 'Killing Them Softly' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Cassie In Roberto Cavalli – ‘Killing Them Softly’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

48 Responses to Diane Kruger In Nina Ricci – ‘Killing Them Softly’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. A. May 22, 2012 at 21:15 #

I have to say, the hairstyle is amazing. love the 40s style updo. Loving the softness of the look, so romantic and pretty. She’s been really consistent so far. So nice to have her on the jury.

2. Delphine May 22, 2012 at 21:19 #

WOW ! Diane my goddess . I really love the color and the floral detail ! Chanel could be the designer of this gorgeous dress.

3. Nat39 May 22, 2012 at 21:19 #

Another beautiful look from Diane (although not quite to my liking). Loving the touch of lavender. Her hair is flawless but I find it slightly competing with the corsage on the shoulder, wish the corsage was a tad smaller.

4. Yeliz May 22, 2012 at 21:20 #

Divine. I love it from head-to-toe again.

• bas May 22, 2012 at 21:57 #

5. dee May 22, 2012 at 21:20 #

She does it again. Simply gorgeous.

6. EmmaWoodhouse May 22, 2012 at 21:22 #

OH MY GOSH, three perfect gowns in a row!!! Although her daywear looks this year (the Versus, etc.) haven’t been my favorites, she has consistently WOWED on the red carpet. I love this look because it takes more of a risk than the Valli or even the Westwood. This gown is amazing on her because it is very much what I’ve come to admire her for–her ability to wear intricate and unique pieces with such transcendent aplomb. I love the retro yet eclectic vibe of this angelic look…seriously, Diane and Fan make me SWOON over Cannes! :) Sorry to rhapsodize so long but I just get so excited! :D

7. noo May 22, 2012 at 21:24 #

wooooooow! i’ll skip my high praise of diane for a second to celebrate how aHmazing joshua looks!!!
    1)no sneakers
    2)love the bow tie and the black buttons on his shirt
    3)is that a black corsage he’s wearing? he looks gorgeous!
    now diane: this is for sure one of her classic looks! it’s detailed without being fussy, simple divine :D

8. vivian May 22, 2012 at 21:25 #

love the lavender corsage. n i love her hair style which i dont think its a everyday hair style that i can do it.

hope you enjoy the sun today FC!

• Fashion Critic May 22, 2012 at 21:45 #

I got to enjoy it for about 30 mins when I walked to Waitrose and back.

I will see daylight after Cannes :D

9. A. May 22, 2012 at 21:28 #

It looks like a modified or a customized version of this gown http://www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/slideshow/2008RST-VALENTIN?event=show1582&designer=design_house67&trend=&iphoto=39 from valentino’s resort 2008?

• Sea May 22, 2012 at 23:13 #

Thanks for the link. At first sight I thought it was Chanel but now I guess it’s Valentino.

Diane = PERFECTION.

10. Nat May 22, 2012 at 21:38 #

I don’t like this type of dresses, so this is not my favourite look from her, but she does look amazing.
    A few days later, I’m still obsessing over her Valli and her Westwood looks, though. I’m pretty sure they’ll be in my BDOTY list in December.
    Also, I think I have a “couple-crush” on her and Joshua together, if such a thing exists. :-D

• noo May 22, 2012 at 21:55 #

i have that crush thing too. thank you for putting it into words. i want to be their third wheel so badly!!!

11. Marybeth May 22, 2012 at 21:53 #

She does look wonderfully chic and romantic.

But I’m not crazy about the dress. I just don’t like the way the horizontal feathering chops the vertical line in half.
    In any case, you don’t need feathers when you’ve got big flowers. I’d keep the flowers and pluck the bird!

12. M May 22, 2012 at 21:55 #

She’s a goddess. *Bows!*

13. Riley May 22, 2012 at 21:57 #

I love the gown and the fact that Mr. Kruger finally got a 10 out of 10 for his look.

The pop of lilac is lovely on her gown.

14. Emmeline May 22, 2012 at 21:58 #

Absolutely lovely! She just keeps knocking it out of the park.

15. robbie May 22, 2012 at 22:05 #

hate the corsages but the dress itself is nice.

16. Shaina May 22, 2012 at 22:10 #

I love this gown! Very beautiful, I don’t care for the shoulder details…I think it would look better without the large size of them but other than that…gorgeous head to toe!

17. Emily May 22, 2012 at 22:14 #

Something about it makes me think of Alexis Mabille Couture, I think its the flowers. She looks so elegant as always and Joshua Jackson looks mighty fine.

• noo May 22, 2012 at 22:30 #

i see mabille too (i think it’s the cut at the shoulders and the detailing at the waist) i see also vintage chanel, maybe even valentino. any couture house might have made this. it’s weird how a dress with so many details can be this “universal”.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 22, 2012 at 22:54 #

LOL instantly thought Mabille as well. @noo my second thought was Chanel or Valentino. Guess FC is rubbing off on us!

18. Christine May 22, 2012 at 22:22 #

Not my favorite dress on Diane.

19. Lisa May 22, 2012 at 22:25 #

The dress is utterly beautiful, but if you click through some of the other photos (especially where he has his hand around her waist) she looks frighteningly thin.

• Luiza May 22, 2012 at 23:06 #

she does looks thin but it doesn’t mean the she looks unhealthy. she keeps being beautiful as always.

• Myself May 22, 2012 at 23:23 #

I think she IS too much thin. In the second picture she looks old and sick. But she is very elegant!

20. McKenzie May 22, 2012 at 22:28 #

God, she kills me. She’s perfect!

21. shap_half May 22, 2012 at 22:45 #

I’m a big fan of Diane Kruger so I’m not making any sort of unbiased claim, but I really think she’s the best dressed woman in the world.

22. Shiny May 22, 2012 at 23:05 #

Chanel methinks.

23. Ramsay May 22, 2012 at 23:10 #

Stunning! And another change of pace – the four gowns so far have been very different from one anothet – this is superbly romantic – what she does so well is have the appropriate hairstyle for the dress – She is just wonderful and I amglad we have her on the jury – I am still waiting for her to bring on the Chanel Couture – I think it will be for the closing ceremony – but this look hits all the right notes

24. Rebecca Z May 22, 2012 at 23:18 #

I have liked other looks of hers better than this one. I really don’t like the hairstyle–makes her looks very Germanic–Heidi Klum tends to do this kind of thing too, and I just don’t like it. The dress is pretty, but I agree with whoever said that you don’t need both the feathers and the corsage.

25. J.a May 22, 2012 at 23:53 #

She is killing me softly.

26. Linda May 23, 2012 at 00:02 #

Drop dead gorgeous. My favourite so far. Needs to be in contention for BDOTY! Absolute perfection.

27. Lou May 23, 2012 at 00:20 #

The corsage is overkill for me I’m afraid

28. S.C May 23, 2012 at 00:34 #

It’s Custom Nina Ricci. Exquisite.

29. EmmaWoodhouse May 23, 2012 at 01:06 #

How did you find out the designer, FC? Did she or her publicist announce it?

• Fashion Critic May 23, 2012 at 09:05 #

pr

30. bm May 23, 2012 at 01:58 #

Even I love the dress, I don’t like the shoulder detail, especially the lavender. That was the reason i don’t like her look today. Small details ruined everything.

31. Dhppy May 23, 2012 at 03:13 #

This dress is busy enough without various textures, it doesn’t need the corsage. Thank goodness she kept it one color.

• Dhppy May 23, 2012 at 03:15 #

I mean “with all the various textures”. Anyway, it’s too busy.

32. Alina May 23, 2012 at 04:18 #

Gorgeous! I love it!

P.S.: Who needs Brangelina? Diane and Joshua look beautiful too.

33. Jill May 23, 2012 at 05:51 #

it’s a shame Diane looks so uncomfortable. as for the dress – it has some potential but that waist kind of makes Diane too thin, feels like her bones are there with no meat on them…

34. roxana May 23, 2012 at 07:20 #

OMG! OMG! OMG! my favourite look from the festival! AMAZING!

35. Valerie May 23, 2012 at 09:25 #

If there is an award for “best dressed couple of Cannes”, I have a winner.

36. Chan May 23, 2012 at 13:20 #

I love Diane, but I don’t like the corsages on her shoulder, her gown would look better without it, maybe not as fancy for the red carpet… I just don’t like the corsages!

37. Jones19 May 23, 2012 at 17:59 #

Flawless run so far! This look is so romantic and ethereal. Just love everything about it! I’m so happy she brought Pacey with her :D

38. Amy May 23, 2012 at 21:47 #