Katy Perry In Blumarine – 2012 Billboard Music Awards

Katy Perry swept the white carpet at the MGM Grand Garden Arena for the 2012 Billboard Music Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada, last night.

Keeping with a purple colour theme, the singer wore a Blumarine Fall 2012 gown with an open back.

Her iced-out metallic lilac drop-waist gown features a bodice covered with iridescent sequins before cascading down to a lightly embellished chiffon skirt.

Katy’s hair and makeup don’t work for me.

The purple curly locks and deep-plum-purple lip shade feel too heavy for this spring-like Fall dress.

A selection of stacked Misaki bangles completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

20 thoughts on “Katy Perry In Blumarine – 2012 Billboard Music Awards

1. Nat

I agree RE the hair and makeup.
    However, what bothers me most here (just like with her Elie Saab gown at the Grammys) is the fit of the dress in her breast area. I don’t want to sound harsh, but…she’s a girl with curves and boobs, maybe she should understand that dresses with open backs that don’t allow you to wear a proper bra are not made for her.
    In my opinion, you can go bra-less only if you’re not very curvy, otherwise it really cheapens any look. Even an Elie Saab gown.

2. Mandy

Can someone please kill the dark lips trend already? Look what it is doing to gorgeous gowns !!

3. Yeliz

The hair is ok for me but the dark lips don’t work at all. And I’m not such a fan of the gown to be honest.

4. Jess2

I agree about makeup, unfortunately it just doesn’t work with such a beautiful soft dress. She also needs more support around the bust.

5. robbie

she looks as if she is in costume, the dress looks pretty nice on the model but katy ruined it.

6. Christine

Wish she was wearing red or or a light shade lipstick to brighten or soften up the look. Not fond of the dress either–looks unflattering in the middle.

7. EmmaWoodhouse

Love the dress, but not her dark gothic hair and makeup or the fact that she isn’t properly supported.
    Still, this is better from her. Best I’ve seen her in a while.

8. Hannah

I think that she looks tragic. I didn’t like the dress on the runway, and even less on Katy. She keep swearing a similar silhouette, and IMHO it doesn’t suit her at all. She needs better posture & a better bra. Her foundation is also way too thick, and with the hair & lips she looks ghostly. Honestly, bar the Zuhair Murad dress she wore a long time ago, it feels like, I can’t really name and Katy moments that I liked.

9. Amy

like the dress; hate hair and makeup. It’s time she gets back to normal, I mean she’s already tried everything, it’s not interestig anymore.

10. Shaina

I would have loved this look if it werent for the hair and makeup. I’ve shocked myself by how much I dislike the makeup/hair. Why won’t she just go back to black already?

11. Lara

Can someone please whisper (or shout) in her ear that her schtick is getting old? Enough with the matching hair, lipstick, dress, make-up. Geez. What’s next? Green hair and wardrobe to follow? This outfit doesn’t work for me at all, especially that hair.

12. Parvati

The only thing I don’t like here is the lipstick. Other than that, she looks gorgeous!