23.04.12

Lea Michele lent her support to the Jonsson Cancer Center Foundation’s 17th Annual Taste For A Cure Gala, held in Beverly Hills on Friday.

Before heading inside to join her ‘Glee’ co-star Darren Criss for a duet, Lea hit the red carpet in an Oscar de la Renta Pre-Fall 2012 dress.

Her demure dress, which was covered with a black lace overlay with sheer sleeves and an illusion corset top, provided structure before evolving into a full skirt.

Simple black Stella McCartney pumps and an elegant updo complete the look.

How do you feel about Lea’s divaless, more mature look?

Credit: FameFlynet

Florence Welch In Tadashi Shoji – MSN Presents… Las Vegas After Party

Florence Welch In Tadashi Shoji – MSN Presents… Las Vegas After Party

Jessie J's Dolce Vita Jemma Platform Boot

Jessie J’s Dolce Vita Jemma Platform Boot

23 Responses to Lea Michele In Oscar de la Renta – The Jonsson Cancer Center Foundation’s 17th Annual Taste For A Cure Gala

1. EmmaWoodhouse April 23, 2012 at 12:38 #

I would love it except for the sleeves. They feel constricting. As a sleevles dress it would have been really lovely on her and it would still be demure.It is very nice to see a departure from the diva look. Her hair looks great here too and I’m glad that she’s smiling instead of pouting! :D

2. Emma April 23, 2012 at 12:53 #

I really like this look…It’s definitely a welcome change. I think she manages to still look her age

3. Alina April 23, 2012 at 13:06 #

I think that this look is aging her.

4. Kaz April 23, 2012 at 13:07 #

Love it! She looks like a beautiful, relaxed young woman here.

5. robbie April 23, 2012 at 13:13 #

it is definetely a more mature look, but a little too mature for my taste. also not liking the detail on the top helf a little too much. her hair and make-up though is perfect.

6. luiza April 23, 2012 at 14:03 #

7. AW April 23, 2012 at 14:05 #

This is a bit too far off the deep end.

Shorten the hem about 3 inches and add about 2 inches to the heel of the shoe and I could deal with it…

• Jess2 April 26, 2012 at 03:22 #

oh I totally agree with your suggested adjustments :)

8. Riley April 23, 2012 at 14:21 #

Cute and appropriate. She looks like a nice person here ;) I am glad she’s back to wearing Oscar.

• Christine April 23, 2012 at 16:10 #

+1 So far..

• Jess2 April 26, 2012 at 03:22 #

+2, She should definitely go back to wearing Oscar, it worked so well for her the last time.

9. Emmeline April 23, 2012 at 14:32 #

It’s so refreshing to see her not trying so hard, normally her poses are almost painful. I agree with others though that the looks is a little mature for her. Maybe if she’d worn her hair down or the skirt was an inch or two shorter I’d like it more.

10. Brianne April 23, 2012 at 14:32 #

The look is nice but what I really like, is the feeling I’m getting from Lea. I find her off putting on the red carpet and here she seems more normal and appealing.

11. Jones19 April 23, 2012 at 14:45 #

She needed better shoes to make this work. The shoes are too demure and with the dress just age her. No from me.

12. Eve April 23, 2012 at 15:08 #

I’m all in for a change for her look, but I don’t this is the one she should go with. This look is maybe even too mature and quite dark for her. But she’s searching for a new look, so I’m waiting to see “the end” result!

13. karam April 23, 2012 at 15:24 #

I do not know to you guys, but there is a RELATIVELY STRIKING similarity of this dress to one of the pieces in Elie Saab’s f/w rtw collection 2010? check it out:

14. Molly April 23, 2012 at 15:36 #

I can’t stand the light lining – it is completely distracting. Maybe if it actually matched her skin tone or was black, it would feel a little less busy. As it is, it seems like there is too much going on, pattern-wise, with this dress – before even looking at hair, shoes, etc. But I do like the smile and pose. Vast improvement.

15. Rebecca Z April 23, 2012 at 15:42 #

meh

16. Hannah April 23, 2012 at 15:55 #

This is just too old looking for my taste. I get that she is trying to wear less short skimpy ‘diva things’ (thank God for the omission, in this photo at least, of the JLo sex face, but this is matronly, and does nto flatter her short height either, especialy with the shoes. I also find the makeup to be way too much, adding to the mature effect.

17. PenPen April 23, 2012 at 16:11 #

I am sorry but the look is very unflattering

18. Aline April 23, 2012 at 20:07 #

The dress is way too tight in the bust area. It doesn’t flatter her at all. It would look way better in someone like Emma Watson.

19. BiancaGoldberg April 25, 2012 at 19:26 #

Somehow miss Michelle has managed to make Oscar De La Renta look cheap. This is not a good look. Dress is old so do something young with your hair. She looks like a politician.

20. charbel April 25, 2012 at 19:43 #

this dress is a copy of an ELIE SAAB fall 2010 rtw collection… strange nobody noticed