Menu

September 21, 2020 Runway To Instagram

Posted by Catherine Kallon

My plan was to put all the celebrities with half photos from the 2020 Emmy Awards into the roundup post, but then I saw Kerry Washington.

The actress looked breath-taking in not one, but two looks during this virtual event.

The first was a cocktail dress from Dolce & Gabbana’s Fall 2020 collection which showcases two of Dolce & Gabbana signatures: sensual tailoring and bold animal motifs.

She had me at animal print (and sequins), but the black beaded fringe accents really elevated the look, which she styled with Chopard jewels.

Of her two looks, this was the least expected, as this feels very much like a Sofia Vergara look.

Kerry and Oscar de la Renta have always had a beautiful relationship.

Who can forget her 2013 NAACP Image Awards look?  That is still one of my favourites from the ‘Scandal’ star to this day.

On this occasion the skirt was also high-low; exuding timeless elegance with a bold floral print in bloom.

The same Chopard gold and emerald drop earrings worked equally well with this look which she styled with black platform sandals.

Which look do you prefer of the two?

Oscar de la Renta Resort 2021

Credit: Vogue.com & Instagram

Tracee Ellis Ross Wore Alexandre Vauthier Haute Couture To The 2020 Emmy Awards

Tracee Ellis Ross Wore Alexandre Vauthier Haute Couture To The 2020 Emmy Awards

Jennifer Aniston Wore John Galliano for Christian Dior To The 2020 Emmy Awards

Jennifer Aniston Wore John Galliano for Christian Dior To The 2020 Emmy Awards

9 Responses to Kerry Washington Wore Dolce & Gabbana and Oscar de la Renta To The 2020 Emmy Awards

1. Cat September 26, 2020 at 5:39 am #

Oh, my! Not Sofia Vergara — that’s pure Sophia Loren! I love them both. Should I have (or get) to choose one for me, it’d be the ODL, but for her, tonight, it’s definitely the DG.

2. Hailey September 23, 2020 at 6:19 pm #

I love the Oscar dress and after seeing full length pictures of it , it is beautiful from head to toe. I am not so obsessed with the Dolce for some reason.

3. phee September 21, 2020 at 10:20 pm #

her hair looks absolutely amazing!! It just brings a whole new freshness to her look.
    The makeup is lovely too.

The bead fringe really makes the dress. I love it. Feels fresh!
    The second is soooo wonderful! Its sweet but sassy. the flowers make it delicate. Love

4. James September 21, 2020 at 8:56 pm #

I love both looks but the 1st one is my fave as it’s very new for her. Her hair is nice but I still think she looks more beautiful and more youthful with her curls on.

5. Chris September 21, 2020 at 6:48 pm #

The Oscar de la Renta is fun! I also enjoy her hairstyle with these looks.

6. TeaAtTwo September 21, 2020 at 4:13 pm #

I like the ODLR as is but I’d love to see a gown version of it.
    Something quite 60s about the first look.

7. Ruth September 21, 2020 at 3:42 pm #

Nothing special

I miss the old keri.
    The adventurous keri

8. Dominos September 21, 2020 at 3:27 pm #

I mean she’s slaying both looks but the Oscar wins it for me. I don’t think i’ve ever seen her hair like that and it looks fab.

• anonymous as always September 21, 2020 at 7:56 pm #